Change font size

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 3 of 3   [ 26 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: English, or Vulgar Tongue.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:34 pm 

VernE wrote:
At least no doctrine as such has been compromised by another version surely?

Are you asking us or telling us? -- I guess you didn't understand what I just told you and the doctrinal implications of naming Joseph as the "father" of Jesus. :geek:

The doctrine of the Deity of Christ has been attacked again and again for years by the new versions, and that is only one doctrine. You can get a pretty good overview here and this is just the tip of the iceberg --->

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Bible/de ... rsions.htm

Paul Freeman has published an article that shows there are hundreds if not thousands of places where modern versions affect fundamental doctrine --->

http://av1611.com/kjbp/articles/freeman-doctrines1.html

"It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favors." -- George Washington (Ref: A Collection, W.B. Allen, ed. 543)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:17 pm 

Thanks for further information. However I have not had any reason to question any doctrine I have believed in ever since I accepted Christ from a background of Assembly of God and Baptist type churches despite since having used different versions over the years. In many cases the meaning has come alive to me. I now wish to close the subject from my side, with appreciation.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:05 pm 

Whether or not God did preserve the Scripture is a doctrine, and that doctrine is called in to question by the modern versions and their translators. Words and terms like "plenary", "inerrant" and "Bible believing" no longer have any real meaning.

I've heard others gush over how they've seen a verse in a new light from another version. Yet it's nothing they couldn't have gotten from a commentary, careful God-centered study, or a good sounding "quote of the day" from some new age philosopher. Church people today seem to only want men to describe and explain the scriptures to them rather than the Holy Spirit, and pastors seem perfectly happy to have people look to them as their final authority. They think they should be able to thoroughly understand everything they need to know in the word of God mentally and superficially and don't know about and aren't interested in spiritual discernment. I think this is a large part of why modern versions are so popular and people buy them one after another. Sort of like if I have an official shop manual for my truck, I find reading it doesn't make throw out bearing replacement easy, so I go out and buy a Chilton manual, because it leaves out some detail it sounds a little easier, but still not easy enough, so I go out and buy a Haynes manual. It sounds much easier but tries to cover three decades of models in a couple of hundred pages. So maybe there are backyard mechanics on Saturday and backyard Christians on Sunday.

Well I said more than I started out to, and it sounds that your mind is made up. However please come back if you do ever want to have honest God honoring discussions.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:01 pm 

Baptist1611 wrote:
VernE wrote:
At least no doctrine as such has been compromised by another version surely?

Are you asking us or telling us? -- I guess you didn't understand what I just told you and the doctrinal implications of naming Joseph as the "father" of Jesus. :geek:

The doctrine of the Deity of Christ has been attacked again and again for years by the new versions, and that is only one doctrine. You can get a pretty good overview here and this is just the tip of the iceberg --->

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Bible/de ... rsions.htm

Paul Freeman has published an article that shows there are hundreds if not thousands of places where modern versions affect fundamental doctrine --->

http://av1611.com/kjbp/articles/freeman-doctrines1.html

VernE wrote:
Thanks for further information. However I have not had any reason to question any doctrine I have believed in...

Okay but nobody asked you if you questioned any doctrine, sir!

You were either asking ( or suggesting ) that no doctrine has been compromised by another version. You wrote:

"At least no doctrine as such has been compromised by another version surely?"

At that point I showed you ample proof that fundamental doctrine has indeed been compromised by modern versions. You can ignore that evidence or dismiss it, but it's real.

We weren't talking about what you believed, we were revealing the corruption in the modern versions and the doctrinal implications of naming Joseph as the "father" of Jesus, along with their attacks on the doctrine of the Deity of Christ, which is a fundamental doctrine. You indicated before that you were concerned about new Christians getting the "wrong ideas," from the KJB, but I can't help but notice you seem to be unconcerned about all those horrible ideas in the modern versions.

The fact is, there are millions of people out there who are totally confused about Jesus -- they don't know who Jesus is, they don't know why jesus was born of a virgin and they don't understand that Jesus is God in flesh. When the NIV and the NASV call Joseph the father of Jesus in Luke 2:33, they are making a misleading doctrinal statement! So this is why it's really important that the Bible we use and trust as our final authority is the King James Version. Anyway, nice chatting with you! :)

"It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favors." -- George Washington (Ref: A Collection, W.B. Allen, ed. 543)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:43 pm 

Jeff wrote:
Whether or not God did preserve the Scripture is a doctrine, and that doctrine is called in to question by the modern versions and their translators.

This is a really good one the doctrine of PRESERVATION!
Should be taught in every Christian church around the world -- maybe then people would respect the Bible instead of trying to make a buck off the believers by pretending that it's not as good as whatever copyrighted trash they happen to be publishing this month! :mrgreen:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:24 am 

letters learned. A doctrine there. neede to learne those, might have some thing to say. doubt in me about if they are words at all if not in scriptures... craft and sorceries come to minde.

called Babylon some day do you suppose, and Egypt. might hurt.

skinne, teeth. sounds like those christians go through a fire to polish the olde sword. robes, robbers, robbery... letters that meane shittim by themselues too. would not wont to leaue them alone.

A little taste of the pure stuffe:

Attachments:
two. dayes.jpg
two. dayes.jpg [ 102.83 KiB | Viewed 2865 times ]

sixteene eleuen letters:
http://www.1611kingjamesletters.com/
 Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 3 of 3   [ 26 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3