Change font size

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Executive Branch Starts Bible Study in White House
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:54 pm 

"First time in at least 100 years" -->

Cabinet Members Launch White House Bible Study

Bible study regulars include Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price, Energy Secretary Rick Perry, Education Secretary Betsy DeVos, Agriculture Secretary Sunny Perdue, Attorney General Jeff Sessions and CIA Director Mike Pompeo.

“It’s the best Bible study that I’ve ever taught in my life,” Drollinger said. “They are so teachable; they’re so noble; they’re so learned.

Drollinger, a former NBA player, founded Capitol Ministries “with the idea that if you change the hearts of lawmakers, then their Christian world view will guide them to make good policies”

Drollinger has started Bible studies in 40 state capitols and a number of foreign capitols. He also teaches weekly Bible studies for members of the U.S. House of Representatives and the Senate. And now he’s holding one with the executive branch, which Drollinger said has not happened in at least 100 years.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... ble-study/

"It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favors." -- George Washington (Ref: A Collection, W.B. Allen, ed. 543)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Executive Branch Starts Bible Study in White House
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:05 pm 

I don't know anything about Pastor Drollinger but I guess liberals and Catholics are outraged by this guy so they must be thrilled with his Bible study in the White House, lol -->

Center Against Religious Extremism:
"Pence, Sessions, Price, Pompeo, Conaway Sponsor Antigay, Anti-Islam, Creationist Bible Study Network"

"Pastor Drollinger is an imposing, nearly seven foot tall former professional basketball player turned evangelist who got his start on the evangelical right serving on the touring basketball team of Athletes in Action, a subsidiary of the virulently anti-LGBT rights ministry Campus Crusade For Christ."

"Ralph Drollinger’s efforts to evangelize in California’s capitol and state legislature hit a snag because of a comment of his, concerning the Catholic Church, that he saw fit to publish in his ministry newsletter. “It’s the world’s largest false religion,” declared pastor Drollinger. Whereupon, the incensed California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, a Catholic, expelled Drollinger’s ministry from the CA governor’s offices."

"Capitol Ministries is about more than conventional prayer and Bible study.
Indeed, Ralph Drollinger preaches the extreme epistemological claim that scripture trumps science, a position promoted by some of the most radical streams of far-right, politicized Protestant Christianity, notably the theocratic Christian Reconstructionism movement." blah, blah, blah -->

https://twocare.org/pence-sessions-pomp ... y-network/

"It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favors." -- George Washington (Ref: A Collection, W.B. Allen, ed. 543)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:17 pm 

That's encouraging!

I know there used to be prayer meetings that all the White House staff and workers were invited to. I don't recall cabinet members attending, though I'm sure they were welcome. Mainly Secret Service and military types attended, as I remember. The most important part of the protection of the President. I don't know if those have continued through the years or not, but I hope so.

It is interesting how much more fervently you pray for those in power when you're in close proximity to them, when you should have that fervency all the time. Then some presidents are easier to pray for than others. Bush Jr. used to solicit prayers. I found Obama harder to pray for consistently for, and that's probably when I should have been praying most.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:53 pm 

I agree it's encouraging!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:20 am 

Here's an interesting video of Mike Pompeo on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Bh7frFd5to

I don't know the sincerity of the Bible studies at the White House but I thank God for them. Much better than koran studies that may have taken place during the previous admin.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:32 pm 

Bernie Sanders must be apoplectic.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]