Change font size

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Would you pray for me
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:55 pm 

Matthew 10:14

Last edited by Ralph Joseph on Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Prayers for guidance
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:49 pm 

Praying for you even now. Feelings and emotions can be deceptive. I don't remember any special feeling when I was baptized, and I can assure you that is not what baptism is for anyway. Following our Lord in baptism as a believer is important; but warm fuzzy feelings are not required.

I apologize if you already detailed this, but may I ask how long you have been saved; and have you been able to attend a KJV based church or fellowship with fellow believers since you were born again? If you don't want to answer it's okay; I was only curious as it might relate to what you are dealing with at this time.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:55 pm 

Ralph Joseph wrote:
I also struggle with jealousy of others who have felt a change in their spirit, since they came to Christ. My faith is almost completely intellectual. I believe God's Word because I have been convinced of it and I trust Him, but I have never felt His presence.

Who told you that you had to feel his presence? The change you should notice is the drawing to God's word as opposed to the drawing to what the world offers; me thinks.

Quote:
Would you pray for me, brothers? Pray that God gives me guidance in how to deal with this.

Will do.

1Peter 1:18,19
redeemed ... with the precious blood of Christ

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:26 pm 

Ralph, I'm still a child in my walk with the Lord and there are others here so much more qualified to answer your questions. I will say, that I have struggled with some of the same issues over the years and just the fact that you brought it up says a lot.

I pray every day for the Lord's help with my weaknesses and He sure knows that I have a bunch, we all do. My prayers are on their way brother, God bless.

Bob

Acts 16:31, "Believe on the lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved, and thy house"

Post subject: .
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:56 pm 

Last edited by Ralph Joseph on Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:57 pm 

Ralph Joseph wrote:
Quote:
Who told you that you had to feel his presence?
I have always just assumed that it is part of being a Christian, ...

That was your red flag; christians do not operate on assumptions, we operate on scripture. ;-)

1Peter 1:18,19
redeemed ... with the precious blood of Christ

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:05 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:22 pm 

After thinking about it for a while, I want to add a little more to my last post.

I do say that God speaks to me, but when I do, I don't mean that he literally speaks to me. When I see a beautiful sunset or some other awe inspiring sight in God's creation, I say the feeling that It gives me is the Lord speaking to me through it, or that I can feel the power of the lord through it.

Also, when I read God's word, the more I read of it, the more I feel the desire to read it and the closer I feel to God.

I don't known if any of that makes any sense to anyone but me, but that's the best I can explain it.

Bob

Acts 16:31, "Believe on the lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved, and thy house"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:26 pm 

Last edited by Ralph Joseph on Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:42 pm 

Ralph Joseph wrote:
Do you think that some people feel His presence and some people don't, or do you think that the people who think they feel His presence are confusing emotions with God's presence?

I don't doubt that there is some emotion involved, we are after all, emotional creatures.

Bob

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next