Change font size

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 1 of 2   [ 12 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Liberty Baptist Church Update
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:56 pm 

Hello everyone!
Since January of this year, we have had one family and 4 other individuals join our church. We had another individual express interest in joining Wednesday, and another home-school family just started attending recently.

We have also had a few saved, so I am trying to plan a baptismal service. (Since we don't own our own building, we either have to "borrow" a sister church's building, or drag out the inflatable pool we have stored for our kids (it's a big one - 3 ft deep!).

My daughter Arianne is doing extremely well. She has been gaining weight, has grown several inches, and has her blood sugars well in hand. It takes a lot of time and diligence, but she is handling it like a champ! The doctor is extremely pleased with her progress.

The church's offerings have also increased, so we have been putting more into our building fund. They also elected to give us a raise - which is helpful. Unfortunately because of all the medical bills I, along with other financial strains, I have been working much more than I care to right now. This is why I have not been as active on the forum lately - too many irons in the fire with new members, work, family, etc.

If you would continue to pray for us. This is extremely hard on my health, my wife and kids, since I am working about twice as much as I was before. It is hard to keep up with everything. (I am not complaining - just informing!) But the church services have been fantastic, and God is working in our little church. Most Sunday Mornings our little storefront is packed out, and our attendance is up at every service.

I have noticed several good conversations over Bible doctrine - I love seeing it. I just don't have time to jump into them right now.

In Christ,

Psalm 119:45 And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Liberty Baptist Church Update
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:31 pm 

Thanks for the update Bro. Steve,
will be praying for your family and work schedule.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:12 pm 

Steve glad to hear from you hang in there. I moved again and now found a church
I been there a few times and I get shaved every week. ( haha ) Prayers work as I have had 4 answered for sure without any doubt in my mind; God is great. I too have blood sugar problems so I know about that. I'll pray for your family too.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:14 pm 

Thanks Bro Steve.

I just thinking last night when I wasn't near the computer that I didn't remember hearing from you for awhile and thought about hunting you down. :) Instead I just prayed and realized you were probably busy. Anyway, I appreciate the update and hadn't forgotten about you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:07 pm 

Praying. That's gotta be hard working all those hours.
We are thankful for the time and wisdom you give here!!!

"It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favors." -- George Washington (Ref: A Collection, W.B. Allen, ed. 543)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:56 pm 

Here is another update from Amarillo, TX.

Last summer, the church voted to give me a very large raise, which allowed me to downgrade my job to a part-time status. But even then, I was working a lot of full-time hours because we were so short-handed. But now things are settling down there....

We have had a small handful of people join our church last fall. I have been here 5-1/2 years now, and we have seen slow but steady growth in membership every year, and also financially. The Lord brings people to us that fit right in. One lady came because she saw our storefront while she was at the Laundromat next door one day, and she decided to give us a visit, and has been coming ever since. One young woman started coming because we met her boyfriend while we were street-preaching at the Annual Amarillo Block Party. He came, and brought her, and she has been coming ever since. She really wants to get her life straightened out. (Unfortunately, he didn't want to submit himself to the Lord, and has since moved on....)

We were able to give to several missionary needs last year, in addition to our regular missionary giving.

We don't see a lot of souls saved around here, but we catch a few now and then. But we are faithful in our door-knocking, literature dropping, tract distribution at several events locally, and street preaching at major events throughout the year.

Last year, we opened up a new venue for preaching at the West Texas A&M University. We look forward to getting back out there again.
We also started a home Bible study in a small town 120 miles east of us named Wellington, TX. The Lord brought all of this about - too long of a story to tell. But these folks have a sincere hunger for the word of God. We have a great time of singing and fellowship every time we go - usually once a month, sometimes twice if we can manage it. I would really appreciate your prayers on this project. We would like to see this develop into a solid KJV Baptist church, but there is still a lot of ground to cover before we get there. Right now we have 3 faithful families, and a couple of others that have shown interest.

The Lord has really laid a heavy burden on me to reach our Texas and OK Panhandle regions. Our church is still small, so we don't have a lot of people to do anything major in the way of outreach so we are limited as to what we can do. After talking with one of our members, we came up with the idea of mailing flyers into different parts of the Panhandle.....so that is what we are working on right now. I have developed a good flyer, and gotten quotes from a pre-sort mailing service to mail to every residential address in certain targeted zip codes. All I need now is to get the non-profit status from the USPS to get a lower rate for mailing. Our current quote is 5,000 flyers printed, folded, tabbed, mailed to different areas in this region (the areas that don't have a decent church), for a total cost of about $1700. Please pray about this - we really want to see people saved, and possibly get some more home Bible studies going.

There is a lot of things going on, the church is doing well, and my family is doing well. If seem inactive here at times it is simply because I have too many "irons in the fire" either with secular work or with different facets of the ministry.

I really appreciate everyone's prayers.

In Christ,

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:24 pm 

Steve Schwenke wrote:
The Lord has really laid a heavy burden on me to reach our Texas and OK Panhandle regions.

Texas has become a major target for the Left; the biggest battleground state in the country for the enemies of the gospel; it will probably end up being the Alamo for our culture and freedoms...

National Left Vows to 'Turn Texas Blue'
In a September 2013 Forbes interview titled "Why America’s Political Destiny Hinges on What Happens Next in Texas," he stated, “There are 18 states that haven’t gone Republican in 25 years. Together they total 240 electoral votes. All the Democrats have to do is swing Texas, with its 38 Electoral College votes. Then they have an Electoral College majority. They don’t have to worry about the rest of the country.”
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism ... -and-Media

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:35 pm 

Bro. Steve I'm to the forum, new but I was reading about your church and the things you have posted and I will begin to pray for your family and your Church. and I hope the outreach program of sending out those flyer becomes a reality. I'll pray that the Lord will meet your needs for funding and fulfilling your desire for the state of Texas. may God bless. !car 15 : 58

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:21 pm 

Update:
WOW!
We have had a very eventful first quarter of this year - too much to relate. The church is still standing, even though we have had to take some blows from our enemy. We just had a great revival meeting with a good friend of mine preaching. The Lord is working in our little group, helping them see some truth, and make good decisions to serve Him.
My son is in college, and will be getting his Associates in Accounting late this fall. The Lord also (suddenly!) opened up a door to apprentice with a Christian Bookkeeper here in town. It sure beats flipping burgers. He not only makes more money, but he does not have to work till midnight anymore either!
I have been busy working my secular job, trying to hold the church together through some difficult trials, and ministering to some struggling saints. I also had some serious illnesses to tend with myself and my wife.
In the middle of all of that, I am working on a book about the Local Church, and I have a couple of other books in the works. Our plan is to get these done and ready for publishing. Once we get that done, then we will set up a web site for all of our materials, including my wife's historical fiction trilogy, and some audio Bible teaching and preaching.
I have also been contemplating starting up a small Bible Institute here to help facilitate my vision of reaching the Texas/OK Panhandles for Christ. I think I have a curriculum laid out, and the schedule, but just need the Lord's confirmation on it.

Please keep us in your prayers - I really appreciate it!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:58 pm 

Steve Schwenke wrote:
My son is in college, and will be getting his Associates in Accounting late this fall. The Lord also (suddenly!) opened up a door to apprentice with a Christian Bookkeeper here in town. It sure beats flipping burgers. He not only makes more money, but he does not have to work till midnight anymore either!

This is very good news.

Steve Schwenke wrote:
Please keep us in your prayers - I really appreciate it!

Praying for you and family.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 1 of 2   [ 12 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next