Change font size

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 9 of 10   [ 91 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: KJB - Inspired or Preserved?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:30 am 

Jeff wrote:
jxxzz wrote:
The first thing I read today was all 8 pages of this thread Thank you all for making my day.
If reading all eight pages of this thread first thing today made your day, just think what reading eight pages of the KJV first thing tomorrow will do! :D

Ill do it; my kjv is arms length away.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:23 am 

This is an interesting topic, and the answers given so far are all good. One thing I think I've figured out about why all the challenges against the authenticity of the KJ bible, is, because it IS the only true Word of God.
You don't see people arguing for years about different versions of poetry books, or children's stories, because nothing but the KJ bible is able to change a life, and make one wise unto salvation!
No other book can bring a lost sinner out of darkness! No other book can teach born again Christians how to walk the strait and narrow!! Nothing is more important than the true Word of God, which is why it's such a topic of contention and debate.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:33 pm 

Lapislazuli wrote:
This is an interesting topic, and the answers given so far are all good. One thing I think I've figured out about why all the challenges against the authenticity of the KJ bible, is, because it IS the only true Word of God.
You don't see people arguing for years about different versions of poetry books, or children's stories, because nothing but the KJ bible is able to change a life, and make one wise unto salvation!
No other book can bring a lost sinner out of darkness! No other book can teach born again Christians how to walk the strait and narrow!! Nothing is more important than the true Word of God, which is why it's such a topic of contention and debate.

Yes it is and I had missed it; glad I found it. and we even have people who claim to be christians against the kjv, what next.
I, just a few days ago on another site responded to a post that said the word used by Paul to describe Phoebe did not mean servant as in kjv that it meant she was a deacon and had all rights
as one. I posted " in my kjv it says servant and the mention of kjv started about 8 people posting
to me that kjv was not any better than the others and that I sounded like a kjvo person. they say the word servant was deliberately placed there instead of deacon to keep women down.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:35 pm 

Jeff wrote:
jxxzz wrote:
The first thing I read today was all 8 pages of this thread Thank you all for making my day.
If reading all eight pages of this thread first thing today made your day, just think what reading eight pages of the KJV first thing tomorrow will do! :D

hey Jeff thank for the spark. I read Isaiah 6,7,9,44, and Matt 1,2,3, hows that my brother.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:15 pm 

jxxzz wrote:
Lapislazuli wrote:

Yes it is and I had missed it; glad I found it. and we even have people who claim to be christians against the kjv, what next.
I, just a few days ago on another site responded to a post that said the word used by Paul to describe Phoebe did not mean servant as in kjv that it meant she was a deacon and had all rights
as one. I posted " in my kjv it says servant and the mention of kjv started about 8 people posting
to me that kjv was not any better than the others and that I sounded like a kjvo person. they say the word servant was deliberately placed there instead of deacon to keep women down.

Years ago there were more Churches preaching AGAINST these counterfeit and corrupt "VERSIONS". Now there are MORE Churches ENCOURAGING the counterfeit VERSIONS, and they almost always slight the KJB in doing so. You never hear one say "I like the the way NIV puts it, rather than the ESV" or vice-versa. Instead it's always "I like the way the ESV puts it, rather than the King James". They always zero in on the King James.
The reason? Because it is the ONLY REAL Word of God!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:18 pm 

TO BRO. CHUCK and JXXZZ: Chuck, you aren't kidding about more churches telling people to use the wicked perversions of the bible. Here's an email I sent off, concerning just that:
Here are some false teachers popular today:
Beth Moore, Paul Crouch, Rod Parsley, Pat Robertson, James Dobson, Kenneth Copeland, Creflo Dollar, Joyce Meyers, and John MacArthur, to name a few.

A couple of things you might want to read, if ANYONE recommends the teachings of John MacArthur to you:
http://www.gty.org/resources/questions/ ... on-is-best
He equates false bibles with the KJ bible.

Look at all the errors and heresies MacArthur is responsible for teaching:
http://vallee7.wordpress.com/2009/10/21 ... teachings/
And, the Master's College, which is supposedly Christian, makes videos like this, which are worldly and carnal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vplzGzy4dzo
Plus, I figured out they have no problems with Disneyworld, or Disney, based on a video of theirs, promoting Disneyworld/land.
Disney is full of magic, putting positive spins on witchcraft, sorcery, and even on homosexuality. (Disney's gay pride day, for instance)

JXXZZ: oh, let me tell you about responding to people who say a KJV only person is wrong. Oh my, the true stories I could tell, about the heavy opposition to the KJ, and this from people who sit in a pew every Sunday.
Be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might, put on the whole armor of God, before you go back into those kinds of forums. As long as you stay firm in your convictions, and uphold the KJ bible, you will be rejected and mocked, but THAT'S OK!! That's actually a good thing. Jesus said when that happens, leap for joy, because great is your reward in Heaven.
RALPH JOSEPH: It drives me up a wall when I hear any man (or woman) in the pulpit, saying they use different versions to get a "clearer" meaning. If you have the Holy Spirit in you, you will be instructed in all matters. You won't need other versions to understand. There is SO much confusion in the churches today, and so many Christians are being swept away by the onslaught of lies coming from the pastors, priests, preachers, and deacons, etc. They are swept away because they do not like to retain the knowledge of God in their minds. They want a false preacher for their itching ears.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:45 pm 

Lapislazuli wrote:
Here are some false teachers popular today:
Beth Moore, Paul Crouch, Rod Parsley, Pat Robertson, James Dobson, Kenneth Copeland, Creflo Dollar, Joyce Meyers, and John MacArthur, to name a few.

I don't mean this without compassion or with a cold heart, but you can scratch Paul Crouch's name off that list. At least if it were a list of "living" false teachers popular today.

But the one on that list that disappoints me the most is John MacArthur. I was somewhat of a fan of his from the few Larry King Live interviews. He made some extremely good points, and really put the false teachers on there with them in their place and that right quick!
But your post is no surprise to me in that a year or so ago I noticed he didn't esteem the King James Bible. He is an "ESV'r". I think the reason he esteems the ESV is because it fits in nicely with his Godless Calvinism views.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:00 pm 

Lapislazuli wrote:
JXXZZ: oh, let me tell you about responding to people who say a KJV only person is wrong. Oh my, the true stories I could tell, about the heavy opposition to the KJ, and this from people who sit in a pew every Sunday.
Be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might, put on the whole armor of God, before you go back into those kinds of forums. As long as you stay firm in your convictions, and uphold the KJ bible, you will be rejected and mocked, but THAT'S OK!! That's actually a good thing. Jesus said when that happens, leap for joy, because great is your reward in Heaven.
RALPH JOSEPH: It drives me up a wall when I hear any man (or woman) in the pulpit, saying they use different versions to get a "clearer" meaning. If you have the Holy Spirit in you, you will be instructed in all matters. You won't need other versions to understand. There is SO much confusion in the churches today, and so many Christians are being swept away by the onslaught of lies coming from the pastors, priests, preachers, and deacons, etc. They are swept away because they do not like to retain the knowledge of God in their minds. They want a false preacher for their itching ears.

Lapislazuli: You joined this forum on Aug 15, a short 4 days ago and I must say you landed here with a BANG, LOL!
In all sincerity I really APPRECIATED that post! Great work!! I will be looking forward to more from you ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:05 pm 

I have to say thanks for bringing this thread back up too, I've enjoyed reading all your thoughts on the subject and I have to say that the inspired, preserved, King James Bible, (God's Word) is the only one for me.

As to the many preachers out there; If they're not reading from the inspired, preserved, King James Bible, (God's Word) then I'm not listening. :)

Bob

Acts 16:31, "Believe on the lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved, and thy house"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:55 pm 

Bob S. wrote:
I have to say thanks for bringing this thread back up too, I've enjoyed reading all your thoughts on the subject and I have to say that the inspired, preserved, King James Bible, (God's Word) is the only one for me.

As to the many preachers out there; If they're not reading from the inspired, preserved, King James Bible, (God's Word) then I'm not listening. :)

Bob

We are all familiar with the phrase "politically correct" or "politically incorrect". There may not be a phrase for it in the Church but it is just as existent and real nonetheless. I call it "religiously correct/incorrect".
Well, promoting conterfeit & corrupt version of the Bible are religiously correct and preaching against these counterfeit is religiously incorrect. It is strange, because the King James Bible is the lone Translation that falls into the open field day amongst pulpit and church-goers. It is religiously correct to slight the King James Bible at just about each and every opportunity, and completely religiously IN-correct to promote the King James Bible.
At least that is what I have seen the past 15-20 years.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 9 of 10   [ 91 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next