Change font size

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 2 of 2   [ 13 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: King James Bible - The MYTH of Early Revisions
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:27 pm 

Ralph Joseph wrote:
I have been looking through some objections to using only the KJV in English, and something just dawned on me.
Proponents of the modern versions will claim that, because their manuscripts are older, then that means that they are more accurate and, therefore, more authority should be given to the older manuscripts. If older automatically means better, why, then, do they complain about the "archaic" language of the KJV and ridicule it for being outdated?
I've thought of that also. If the KJV went away like the scholars today would like, a few hundred years from now someone would dig one up and declare it an "oldest and bestest" English manuscript. (Leaving aside, of course the spiritual aspect of the devil's hatred for it, and the probability of the Rapture long before then.)

It is more evidence of the arrogance of the modern scholars that they think that the farther away they get from the "original" manuscripts and languages the better able they are to understand them above all who have come before them. I guess they consider themselves to have evolved that much more in the past few hundred years. (Remember Bill Nye talking about how his esteemed forefathers couldn't build a large seaworthy vessel, therefore Noah couldn't either? I wonder if his highly evolved forefathers have tried to build the pyramids without modern equipment?)

I also find it somewhat of a conundrum that the scholars say we should leave it to them to translate from the ancient manuscripts for us, when it's the scholars who seem to have the biggest problem understanding the language of the KJB. Somehow we should believe that they can translate 2,000 year old Greek and Hebrew with close to 100% accuracy, but 400 year old English befuddles them.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:45 pm 

Thanks for sharing. The information in that article nicely dispels a very common and annoying objection to the King James Bible by people who can't be bothered to look up the answer for themselves since, of course, they don't actually want to know the answer, they just want spit out an annoying objection.

http://freegrace123188.blogspot.com/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:40 am 

Jeff wrote:
Somehow we should believe that they can translate 2,000 year old Greek and Hebrew with close to 100% accuracy, ...

Using various lexicons with differing definitions;

Quote:
... but 400 year old English befuddles them.

at the same time, having at their disposal a built-in dictionary, Webster's 1828, and other readily available KJB dictionaries.

1Peter 1:18,19
redeemed ... with the precious blood of Christ

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 2 of 2   [ 13 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2