Change font size

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 1 of 2   [ 13 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Which KJV is Preserved?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:44 am 

People like to attack the KJV Believers, saying that there is loads of errors with it or that there are "newer" and "better" translations than it. If you look at any Bible published after 1880 however, you will see a VERY big difference, and the problems prevalent in the NEWER translations.

I heard a sermon by Charles Lawson and he is a KJV Defender. He said something along the lines of, that you can't keep up with all the different NIV versions / revisions, that it's getting to that point when you read the NIV -- which NIV are you reading(?), but the problem I had with this statement is my knowledge of the different versions / revisions of the KJV itself. There isn't only one KJV.

My question to you, brethren, is this: How do we refute people when they boldly declare that the KJV is not infallible, and how do we respond when they ask "which version of the KJV is God's inspired word?"

There is the Cambridge, and Oxford editions, and there is the 1611 and the 1769 KJVs. Discuss.

"Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." – Ephesians 6:11

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Which KJV is Preserved?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:27 pm 

Faith comes by hearing; which of the KJBs sound different?

1Peter 1:18,19
redeemed ... with the precious blood of Christ

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:47 pm 

Soldier4Christ wrote:
the problem I had with this statement is my knowledge of the different versions / revisions of the KJV itself. There isn't only one KJV.

My question to you, brethren, is this: How do we refute people when they boldly declare that the KJV is not infallible, and how do we respond when they ask "which version of the KJV is God's inspired word?"

There is the Cambridge, and Oxford editions, and there is the 1611 and the 1769 KJVs. Discuss.

Okay -- you are using the words "versions" and "revisions" and "editions" like they are interchangeable. The KJV has several editions, but not different "versions" or "revisions" like you are thinking!

Some people get all hung up on capitalization and so forth but you need to understand that a few spelling and printer's issues do not add up to different "revisions." They have an excellent sticky from Sam Gipp on all this stuff, did you read it?

Please read it! Here ya go --->

King James Bible - The MYTH of Early Revisions
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=269

"It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favors." -- George Washington (Ref: A Collection, W.B. Allen, ed. 543)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:54 pm 

Quote:
Faith comes by hearing; which of the KJBs sound different?
Well from 1611 to 1769, they differ in terms of some things being missing from the 1611 to 1769. I heard the argument though that their printing press required them to print BACKWARDS, so these "omissions" would've been easy to make, and were not intentional.

In terms of the Cambridge vs. Oxford, there are some textual variants. I believe by faith though in the KJV, because all the modern versions today clearly are different from it.

"Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." – Ephesians 6:11

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:50 pm 

The typeset is backwards,you can see it in the video.
It would be difficult for anyone to print one sheet at a time,with typeset placed backwards,in a dark room.
The differences between the 1611 and 1769 and todays KJ Bibles are really minimal.

David F Reagans article is excellent,he also has one entitled,The tale of 3 cities.

Demonstration of a printing press.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u_Z71hF6qc

1 Peter 1:25
But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:56 pm 

Soldier4Christ wrote:
how do we respond when they ask "which version of the KJV is God's inspired word?"

They are all the Inspired word of God,because Inspiration is through Preservation.

But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:32 am 

Quote:
They are all the Inspired word of God,because Inspiration is through Preservation.
But which one is our final authority?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:53 am 

Any King James Bible.
I have a cambridge,oxford,PCE,1611 and my first Bible,which is a Nelson from 1972,but like and use a Local Church Bible publishers Bible.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:54 am 

Baptist1611 wrote:
Okay -- you are using the words "versions" and "revisions" and "editions" like they are interchangeable. The KJV has several editions, but not different "versions" or "revisions" like you are thinking!

Some people get all hung up on capitalization and so forth but you need to understand that a few spelling and printer's issues do not add up to different "revisions." They have an excellent sticky from Sam Gipp on all this stuff, did you read it?

Please read it! Here ya go --->

King James Bible - The MYTH of Early Revisions
http://kjvbibleforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=269

This is good information.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:41 am 

There are some "counterfeit" KJV Bibles out there too though, I hear. Not everything King James is genuine, just like Christ said not everyone who saith Lord, Lord shall enter the kingdom of heaven. The Oxford has some variations from the Cambridge also.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 1 of 2   [ 13 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next