Change font size

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 1 of 2   [ 12 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: A serious question to discern
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:10 pm 

Before the commissioning n translation of the AV1611 King James Bible, what was the inspired and preserved bible. Or are we to believe there was none for pre 1611 bible believing Christians.
I ask this question hoping for a rational well thought out answer not a blustery dogmatic dissertation.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: A serious question to discern
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:51 pm 

Son of thunder wrote:
Before the commissioning n translation of the AV1611 King James Bible, what was the inspired and preserved bible. Or are we to believe there was none for pre 1611 bible believing Christians.
I ask this question hoping for a rational well thought out answer not a blustery dogmatic dissertation.

Howdy! I pretty much agree with Will Kinney on this — I don’t really think most of us concern ourselves about that too much because we believe there never was a Bible like the KJB before it was published. We believe as a Bible, it is unique and unmatched in all history.

Will Kinney would tell you flat out that he doesn’t believe there was any perfect or 100% complete Bible before the KJB. What he's saying is that God was preserving his pure words all along, in preparation for giving us His perfect complete Bible, but there wasn’t aways a complete BIBLE with NT and OT in preserved inerrant form like we have in the KJB. The Lord brought it all together in a purified form with the KJB at just the right time as English was coming on strong.

I’m probably not explaining it very well but here is a page on the subject that might help you, sir —->

Where was the word of God before 1611 and where is it today?

http://brandplucked.webs.com/wordofgodbefore1611.htm

So there's that. :)

Anyway I just wanted to say welcome to you and here are some guidelines you should read before making any more posts on the forum --->

Click Here!

"It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favors." -- George Washington (Ref: A Collection, W.B. Allen, ed. 543)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:54 pm 

Hi Son of the Thunder,

Of course, we have inspired and preserved bible back then, though it still not completed in the form of 1 book as the KJV. The O.T. was preserved through the Masoretic Text, knowing that the Old Testament was given through the Jews (Romans 3:1). The New Testament autographs now lost and copied known as Greek Vulgate, also now lost but preserved in other languages. It was preserved in Old Syriac in 157AD, it was also preserved in the Gothic Bible in 350 AD and it was also preserved in the Old Latin of 150AD. The Old latin was the Bible of the Donatists in Africa and the Novatians in Europe extending to it farther to the Waldensians Bible which was transalted into German language called the TELP's Bible to German's Luther's bible.

Now, these Waldensians bible was preserved through English in 1557 called Genesa, in French Oilvetn of 1537 as well as Diodati, an Italian Langauage in 1507. This of course were so used in the translation and preservation of God's Holy Word.

Hope this helps...

Jude 1:25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:46 pm 

What is God's preserved word in the other languages on earth? Translation from the KJB to their language? Translation from the same Textus Receptus the KJB was translated from? English isn't the only language on earth so surely it must be preserved for those of other tongues also. Just a thought and I'm curious about the view on that.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:41 pm 

KJB believer wrote:
What is God's preserved word in the other languages on earth? Translation from the KJB to their language? Translation from the same Textus Receptus the KJB was translated from? English isn't the only language on earth so surely it must be preserved for those of other tongues also. Just a thought and I'm curious about the view on that.

As we have stated here many times, God promised to preserve His word for every generation but not in every existing language. As I have written previously on this forum, other nations like China and Africa were not given a perfect translation, the English speaking people were given the perfect Bible. And today, the entire world is actively involved in learning one language; is it Spanish? Greek? Hebrew? No, it is English. God knew this would happen.

I seem to recall replying to you before about this, please see here...

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2316&start=10

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:59 pm 

Son of thunder wrote:
Did you get your wish?

You're welcome. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:51 pm 

Son of thunder wrote:
not a blustery dogmatic dissertation.

Way to start a blustery thread!

Did the churches in Acts have the inspired and preserved bible?

1Peter 1:18,19
redeemed ... with the precious blood of Christ

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:02 pm 

Bro. Parrish wrote:
KJB believer wrote:

As we have stated here many times, God promised to preserve His word for every generation but not in every existing language. As I have written previously on this forum, other nations like China and Africa were not given a perfect translation, the English speaking people were given the perfect Bible. And today, the entire world is actively involved in learning one language; is it Spanish? Greek? Hebrew? No, it is English. God knew this would happen.

I seem to recall replying to you before about this, please see here...

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2316&start=10

I have a simple question and you can reply with a yes or no. If you reply no, I may have more questions, however. Everyone in the world isn't going to learn English therefore:

Is it your position that a person who doesn't know English doesn't have access to the word of God?

I'm not looking for a long response. I'm trying to determine exactly what you believe to decide if I agree or not.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:46 pm 

KJB believer wrote:

Is it your position that a person who doesn't know English doesn't have access to the word of God?

How did what Bro. Parrish wrote not answer your question?
Bro. Parrish wrote:
Are you getting imperfect translations mixed up with no translations?

I believe non-English speakers have access to the word of God to the point that they can understand salvation and enjoy a certain amount of Christian growth, but English speakers do have an advantage, much as those who can read and write have an advantage over those who are illiterate. Those who are illiterate can understand the Gospel, but must rely on others to faithfully relate it to them, and can't study as in depth for themselves.

Is that fair? Was it fair that Jews had an advantage over the Gentiles in the Old Testament?

What do you think? Did God perfectly preserve His word? If so, did he perfectly perfectly preserve it in every language? If not, where is God's perfectly preserved word?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:12 pm 

KJB believer wrote:
I have a simple question and you can reply with a yes or no. If you reply no, I may have more questions, however. Everyone in the world isn't going to learn English therefore:

I don't think they need to know English to understand the Gospel and get saved, if that's what you're asking. A person who doesn't know English can certainly have access to some portion of God's preserved words and get saved without having the entire, pure, inerrant KJV Bible.

To what extent they have 'access' depends on how much corruption is involved. Are they hearing the truth, or are they being fed the recent translations from Wycliffe that remove "Father" and "Son of God?" The lost people who are getting that material do not have 'access' to all of God's words in that instance, because of corruption. They are being denied access. Those are serious corruptions (2 Cor. 2:17) and there are publishers that do this, and so you see the answer is not always that simple. The words are being preserved, but are they being translated properly, and published?

My friend, your earlier post says "surely it must be preserved for those of other tongues," but I do not believe that God is obligated to provide a complete, inerrant Bible in every language on earth. God promised preservation of His words for every generation but not in every existing language.

From the link that I just gave you earlier:

As I have stated elsewhere, I believe that a translation or a recording or a piece of literature in another language (like a Chinese gospel tract) or even music that contains the Gospel can be effective in helping someone get saved, without being the 100% complete, perfect and preserved words of God, which we have in our KJB. I also believe that if a person desires to have an inerrant copy of God's words (as in complete KJV Bible), the Lord will make sure they get one at some point. (see Matt 7:7-11)

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 1 of 2   [ 12 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next