Change font size

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 2 of 2   [ 15 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: KJV Readership Dominates Other Versions
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:51 pm 

KJB believer wrote:
Speaking of the original Greek, I've heard that there is more than one Greek text. The original Greek Textus Receptus that the KJV is based on and then I heard that Westcott and Hort invented a Greek text based on the minority Vaticanus and Sinaiticus texts. So when someone says "original Greek" how do we know what they're talking about? Is there another English Bible today besides the KJV that's based on the Greek TR? I think they call it Koine Greek?

You're on the right track. Please review the articles in our section called Final Authority.

KJB believer wrote:
By the way, I'm assuming that the KJV has been translated into other languages or they have Scriptures based on the TR. Everyone doesn't speak English and I'm sure God wants all languages to have His word.

As I have stated before, the languages of the originals are no longer critical for God's work; simply because English is the new global language.

English is REQUIRED as a second language in schools and universities, for both Hebrew and Arabic-speaking students.

English is compulsive for students in Japan and Thailand, starting in elementary school. 90 percent of the children in the European Union study English as a foreign language. Go to the darkest corner of Africa or an island in the middle of the Pacific and you will probably find a school already there teaching English—with classrooms filled with children—learning not Hebrew or Greek, but English.

According to Newsweek; China had at least 175 million kids learning the universal language in 2007—that's the largest number of English students on the entire planet. Today the entire world is climbing over itself to learn ONE language—English.

The reality is, 1 BILLION people on the planet can already pick up a King James Bible and understand it. And what's really amazing is how English has exploded to cover the entire globe.

As I have stated elsewhere, I believe that a translation or a recording or a piece of literature in another language (like a Chinese gospel tract) or even music that contains the Gospel can be effective in helping someone get saved, without being the 100% complete, perfect and preserved words of God, which we have in our KJB. I also believe that if a person desires to have an inerrant copy of God's words, the Lord will make sure they get one at some point. (see Matt 7:7-11)

While these Bible agnostics are arguing about Greek and Hebrew "originals," God's inspired words in English are circulating the world and reaching millions today, not locked up in ancient scrolls.

Almost 25% of our adult first-generation Latinos living in the U.S. say they can carry on a conversation in English very well. That number shoots up to 88% among second generation of adults, and climbs to 94% among the third and higher generations. These millions are struggling so hard to learn English; they deserve the very best rendering of God's words.

Instead, the world is busy cranking out 'gender-neutral bibles' and 'Muslim-friendly bibles,' to fit in with its twisted views. Make no mistake, this is spiritual warfare, and the King James Bible is ground zero. It is the most hated book on the planet, but it will endure. As the original post on this thread proves, very few people are actually bothering to read the corrupted versions.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:21 pm 

Bro. Parrish wrote:
KJB believer wrote:

Speaking of the original Greek, I've heard that there is more than one Greek text. The original Greek Textus Receptus that the KJV is based on and then I heard that Westcott and Hort invented a Greek text based on the minority Vaticanus and Sinaiticus texts. So when someone says "original Greek" how do we know what they're talking about? Is there another English Bible today besides the KJV that's based on the Greek TR? I think they call it Koine Greek?

You're on the right track. Please review the articles in our section called Final Authority.

KJB believer wrote:
By the way, I'm assuming that the KJV has been translated into other languages or they have Scriptures based on the TR. Everyone doesn't speak English and I'm sure God wants all languages to have His word.

As I have stated before, the languages of the originals are no longer important for God's work; simply because English is the new global language...

I didn't realize English was that prevalent all over the world I guess. Thx.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:16 pm 

KJB believer wrote:
I didn't realize English was that prevalent all over the world I guess. Thx.

These percentages seem to coincide with the global percentage English speaking people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English-speaking_world

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:27 pm 

One more little fact that may help illustrate the importance of English: English is the mandatory international language of aviation.

Can you imagine the chaos and disasters if you had a Tower of Babel effect at air traffic control towers with international flights flying all over the place with pilots and air controllers from all over the place speaking different languages? :shock:

Don't ask me where they learn English. Many years ago I was in the control tower of the airport near Windhoek, Namibia. A guy there, who I assume was a controller, was watching Sesame Street and repeating the letter "R", if I remember correctly, after one of the characters. (To be fair, I think he already spoke reasonable English and must have just been honing his skills, and there was very little traffic so he didn't seem to have much to do. It still struck me as funny. :D )

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:37 am 

That was hilarious bro!

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 2 of 2   [ 15 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2