Change font size


Post a new topicWrite comments Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
Author Message
 Post subject: KJVO hostility
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:56 pm 

Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:40 pm
Posts: 55
I admit I lurk among many Christian message boards and websites because I enjoy reading various Bible discussions. One thing that I am becoming very aware of is how hostile supposed Christians are towards the KJV or more specifically against those who say they are KJVO. I don't understand their logic? If they believe every translation is God's Word and you are free to use any translation(s) who want then why be hostile against those who only want to use the KJV. Why do they spend so much time posting and creating websites with the sole purpose of causing one to doubt their KJV and to fight against the KJV. I just don't understand, if you are coming from their side of the camp, which I was very recently, why you would want anyone to doubt their Bible. Just the level of hostility astounds me.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: KJVO hostility
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:08 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:42 pm
Posts: 912
ElainaMor wrote:
... If they believe every translation is God's Word and you are free to use any translation(s) who want then why be hostile against those who only want to use the KJV.

They are against anyone who claims that God has forever preserved all of His words in a single book.
Why? I'm thinking they would have to put aside their pride and submit to God's authority.
Sounds harsh, but I don't know any other reason why it is so important that we do not have 100% of God's word.

_________________
1Peter 1:18,19
redeemed ... with the precious blood of Christ


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: KJVO hostility
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:31 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:46 pm
Posts: 40
Well, one, we usually come off as very fanatical in regards to this. I was talking to a non-KJVO Christian recently, and he said while we may be right on the KJV issue, the fact that we come across as elitist in it dissuades them.

_________________

1 Cor. 13And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.



Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: KJVO hostility
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:44 am 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:56 pm
Posts: 3309
gmx0 wrote:
Well, one, we usually come off as very fanatical in regards to this. I was talking to a non-KJVO Christian recently, and he said while we may be right on the KJV issue, the fact that we come across as elitist in it dissuades them.

There is nothing more "fanatical" or "elitist" than a scholarship onlyist who wants to correct every Bible on earth because his university professor taught him he should do it.

_________________
"It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favors." -- George Washington (Ref: A Collection, W.B. Allen, ed. 543)


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: KJVO hostility
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:30 am 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:56 pm
Posts: 3309
ElainaMor wrote:
I admit I lurk among many Christian message boards and websites because I enjoy reading various Bible discussions. One thing that I am becoming very aware of is how hostile supposed Christians are towards the KJV or more specifically against those who say they are KJVO. I don't understand their logic? If they believe every translation is God's Word and you are free to use any translation(s) who want then why be hostile against those who only want to use the KJV. Why do they spend so much time posting and creating websites with the sole purpose of causing one to doubt their KJV and to fight against the KJV. I just don't understand, if you are coming from their side of the camp, which I was very recently, why you would want anyone to doubt their Bible. Just the level of hostility astounds me.

That's what I like about this forum, they don't allow anti-KJV hostility here. :mrgreen:

Why are they hostile? Mr. Peanut is right -- they don't want to submit to God's final authority! If you want to see the roots of this look at the schools they came out of. Those peeps have been trained by scholarship-onlyist instructors in their schools who believe that there is no perfect Bible on the planet. This philosophy has SPOILED them per PHIL 2:8. This philosophy makes THEM the authority and anyone who challenges them is going to be ridiculed and blocked from their "elite status" as Greek-ologists and correctors of God's word. :roll:

They will not hesitate to DESTROY your trust in God's word. They will blabber on for hours about "inspiration" -- but they do not believe in preservation. The inerrancy of the Bible is something we cannot compromise on. When they correct the Bible, Bible believers correct THEM, and that's where the trouble starts. Because at the very center of it, they are being used as pawns of the Devil because Satan hates that book more than anything on earth! --->

PHIL 2:8 Beware lest any man SPOIL YOU through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

The results of this philosophy is a church service where several hundred people are told to stand and read from the Bible and they all say DIFFERENT WORDS from different "bibles." Could anything make the Devil happier than that type of confusion?

_________________
"It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favors." -- George Washington (Ref: A Collection, W.B. Allen, ed. 543)


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: KJVO hostility
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:23 am 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:42 pm
Posts: 912
Baptist1611 wrote:
The results of this philosophy is a church service where several hundred people are told to stand and read from the Bible and they all say DIFFERENT WORDS from different "bibles." Could anything make the Devil happier than that type of confusion?

1Cor 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

_________________
1Peter 1:18,19
redeemed ... with the precious blood of Christ


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: KJVO hostility
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:07 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:13 pm
Posts: 2293
gmx0 wrote:
Well, one, we usually come off as very fanatical in regards to this. I was talking to a non-KJVO Christian recently, and he said while we may be right on the KJV issue, the fact that we come across as elitist in it dissuades them.

I'm sure you can find those who lack grace on both sides. However people will be offended by the truth no matter how humble the bearer of that truth may be. If you say Jesus is the only way you will offend those who believe in allah or that there are "many paths" to heaven. If you say that the KJV is perfect then you will offend those who subscribe to the bible-of-the-month club because they acknowledge that means their bibles can't be perfect. Whether you say Jesus is the only way or that the KJV is perfect, you can come across as fanatical to those who don't believe.

There is something wrong for your friend to acknowledge that the KJVO position may be correct, and then reject the KJV because of KJVOs. I think Peanut is right, it has to do with pride and he's just using guilt by association as an excuse to avoid the KJV. I don't reject Christ just because of the way catholics or cults have used His name.

I don't know about your acquaintance specifically, but I think Baptist is right to point out their hypocrisy in general. They'll call us elitist, then talk about what dumb ignorant hicks KJVOs are, and how educated they are for believing in original onlyism and placing all their faith in unbelieving scholars.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: KJVO hostility
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:29 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:46 pm
Posts: 40
Im not really sure about my acquaintance's position, since the off hand remark came in a discussion focused on Calvinism, not Bible versions.

_________________

1 Cor. 13And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.



Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: KJVO hostility
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:35 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:56 pm
Posts: 269
Location: Ia
gmx0 wrote:
Well, one, we usually come off as very fanatical in regards to this. I was talking to a non-KJVO Christian recently, and he said while we may be right on the KJV issue, the fact that we come across as elitist in it dissuades them.


Considering we live in an age that many Christians are no longer interested in sound doctrine and we are to earnestly contend for the faith, and speaking against those who deny Bible doctrines,the simple belief in a perfect Bible will seem like a extreme position to those who don't hold to a belief in one final authority. Today's Christians want a 5 point self improvement seminar,social events,exercise classes,and entertainment,not doctrinal truths.

Without a solid foundation,cornerstone, that is the Bible,what will this generation and generations after that produce, in the way of preachers,teachers and leaders?
Sometimes its a Christians delivery or approach to others on a matter that may cause one to believe that a person is an elitist,but mostly its a pride issue,we all have it and its something we have to work on daily.

Pride is the one thing that will keep most people from hearing the truth of the word and keep them from heaven.

With passivism,humanism and rationalism in todays churches,Christians cannot stand the meat of the word.

_________________
1 Peter 1:25
But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicWrite comments Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron

9,634,613 Views


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
610nm Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net