Change font size

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: Is it faith or hope? (Hebrews 10:23)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:18 am 

I have a Bible printed by Hendrickson Bibles. In my Bible Hebrews 10:23 reads : "Let us hold fast the profession of our hope without wavering." When I read this verse on my YouVersion app it says "our faith" not "our hope". So I'm confused, which is correct? And if one is wrong, why are there KJV Bibles with incorrect verses and how do I know which to trust? Thanks for the help.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Is it faith or hope? (Hebrews 10:23)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:53 am 

The word in Hebrews 10:23 is faith!
here is an online KJV you can bookmark and use --->

http://av1611.com/kjbp/kjv-bible-text/index.html

HEB 10:23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)
24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

"It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favors." -- George Washington (Ref: A Collection, W.B. Allen, ed. 543)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:06 am 

Here are some links where you can order a KJV --->

Local Church Publishers
http://www.localchurchbiblepublishers.c ... re/bibles/

Bearing Precious Seed
http://www.bpsmilford.org/store-2.html# ... =priceDesc

Ruckman Reference Bible
http://www.kjv1611.org/ruckmanreferencebibleorders.html

"It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favors." -- George Washington (Ref: A Collection, W.B. Allen, ed. 543)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:03 am 

Thanks, so in other words my KJV Bible is no good?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:24 am 

ElainaMor wrote:
Thanks, so in other words my KJV Bible is no good?

Well I don't know, I haven't seen what you have, and I have never seen a KJV Bible with that change to HEB 10.
I'm just sayin' -- you can easily access a KJV online at the link I gave you, and you can easily get a KJV at any of the links I gave you, and then you won't have to worry about it any more and you can just start studying and enjoying the word of God, which is your goal, right? :P

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:31 am 

Baptist1611 wrote:
Well I don't know, I haven't seen what you have, and I have never seen a KJV Bible with that change to HEB 10.

I wasn't even aware of it myself until last night. I went on christianbook.com to check the price for my KJV since I'm considering buying a second to keep in my car. I was reading reviews and someone who gave it a one star review posted mentioned that change in Hebrews 10. So I looked it up and found that yup, my Bible says hope not faith. A little frustrating since I want to use the KJV to have the pure words of God only to find out that I STILL don't have it :?

Baptist1611 wrote:
I'm just sayin' -- you can easily access a KJV online at the link I gave you, and you can easily get a KJV at any of the links I gave you, and then you won't have to worry about it any more and you can just start studying and enjoying the word of God, which is your goal, right? :P

Yup, that is my full intention.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:45 pm 

Elaina, the Hendrickson edition of the KJV is the edited edition produced by H. A. Scrivener in the late 1800's. It was his [feeble] attempt to update things like italicized words, punctuation, etc. I had one, but I noticed the same thing you did...some of the WORDS had been changed.
I dumped it....

I recommend the links Baptist1611 provided above, or at your local bookstore, you can get the Cambridge or Oxford editions. (They are bit pricey though!).

Psalm 119:45 And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:44 am 

Elaina, please do yourself a favor and buy a Local Church Bible Publisher Bible. These are very high quality Bibles at very reasonable prices. My personal favorite is the hand size text #180 executive series. I don't think you can find a better value out there in Bibles.

http://www.localchurchbiblepublishers.c ... hand-size/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:29 pm 

Thanks, I'm definitely going to order one from Local Church, just have to wait until I have the extra funds :/

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]