Change font size

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 3 of 5   [ 44 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Capitalization in the KJV
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:41 pm 

Baptist1611 wrote:
Hey Mr. Belisarius77 -- is this you, over on another forum talking about how you have REVISED a KJV New Testament to agree with the "Patriarchal Text" of the Orthodox Church? --->

http://www.theword.net/forum/viewtopic. ... w=previous

I saw on theWord forum where a Belisarius77 wanted theWord software to support the Apocrypha because he is eastern orthodox, even though he was raised protestant. That's why I asked him about his view of the apocrypha.

There also seems to be a Belisarius77 on an forum for single adventists???? thesingleadventist.com/Belisarius77 Surely there's no such thing as an eastern orthodox adventist? Who knows any more?

BTW, theWord is my favorite Bible software.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:09 pm 

Belisarius77 wrote:

Out of curiosity, do you believe an Italian would have to learn English to have the inerrant word of God?

You've made me think more seriously about this than I have in the past. I agree with Baptist, I believe I have the perfect Bible God intended for us today, and I let Him deal with the Italian believers.

But you believe you need to learn Greek because you have the inerrant Bible in Greek (BTW that's news to me, I thought all the perfect original copies were gone). So if you go to the trouble to learn some Greek so you can access the perfect bible, why shouldn't some people learn English if they knew that's where the perfect word of God is? Especially as English is considered and international language that many people are taught in Asian countries, for instance, and it's to their benefit to know English to begin with?

As we've discussed on other threads, I don't believe knowing English is necessary for salvation. And just as the vast majority of Christians here, I think, don't bother to get in to any depth in the word of God, most foreign speakers won't bother to learn English and won't be any worse off than believers here who don't search out the word of God and study to show themselves approved.

If I believed the perfect Bible was in the Greek I would want to learn Greek, and even Hebrew and Chaldee, and whatever else the "original" language may be. I would still be missing a lot, however. I would never be as fluent as our Lord was in His incarnation. I don't even trust the experts in Greek who think they know all the nuances and such of the language as was used two thousand years ago. They complain about how the English language has changed and become incomprehensible to them in 400 years, yet they think they understand perfectly a language from thousands of years ago.

I've even heard it's easier for some native foreign language speakers to understand the KJV, as they learn more classic English as it was meant to be spoken.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:54 pm 

Jeff wrote:
If I believed the perfect Bible was in the Greek I would want to learn Greek, and even Hebrew and Chaldee, and whatever else the "original" language may be. I would still be missing a lot, however. I would never be as fluent as our Lord was in His incarnation. I don't even trust the experts in Greek who think they know all the nuances and such of the language as was used two thousand years ago. They complain about how the English language has changed and become incomprehensible to them in 400 years, yet they think they understand perfectly a language from thousands of years ago.

One thing I have often thought about; if I studied the "original languages" all my life I don't believe I would ever obtain the expertise even one translator of the KJV had. So I would just be wasting my time, and full of myself (no comments please), to attempt to redo what they have done.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:10 pm 

Another point is how many are fluent, grammatically, historically and culturally, in the Hebrew and Greek used in the original non-existent manuscripts.
And of those, how many are Holy Ghost, Holy Spirit, or holy Spirit led.

1Peter 1:18,19
redeemed ... with the precious blood of Christ

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:24 pm 

PeanutGallery wrote:
Another point is how many are fluent, grammatically, historically and culturally, in the Hebrew and Greek used in the original non-existent manuscripts.
And of those, how many are Holy Ghost, Holy Spirit, or holy Spirit led.

Every one who has been to seminary. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just kidding, and boy am I kidding.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:23 pm 

Well guys -- I think we are being ignored. :mrgreen:

"It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favors." -- George Washington (Ref: A Collection, W.B. Allen, ed. 543)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:45 pm 

Baptist1611 wrote:

I guess we'll never know if he's an Eastern Orthodox Adventist. :?

By the way, I was wrong about the single Adventist site being a forum; it's a dating site. I guess that explains why I couldn't find any discussions or posts. :|

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:01 pm 

Let's look at the "mechanics" of this. :mrgreen:
Which one is correct --->

Eastern Orthodox Adventist
eastern Orthodox adventist
EASTERN orthodox adventist
eastern ORTHODOX adventist

Scholarly Bible Corrector
SCHOLARLY bible corrector
scholarly Bible corrector
Scholarly Bible CORRECTOR

Patriarchal Text Baloney
PATRIARCHAL Text Baloney
Patriarchal Text Balogna
patriarchal text BALONEY

"It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favors." -- George Washington (Ref: A Collection, W.B. Allen, ed. 543)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:34 pm 

Baptist1611 wrote:
Let's look at the "mechanics" of this. :mrgreen:
Which one is correct --->

Eastern Orthodox Adventist
eastern Orthodox adventist
EASTERN orthodox adventist
eastern ORTHODOX adventist

Are you making fun of my total lack of consistency even from just my posts on this forum?

Jeff wrote:
..eastern orthodox...adventists...

Jeff wrote:
...Eastern Orthodox Adventist...

...Adventist...

Or even on the same post:

Jeff wrote:
...Apocrypha...apocrypha...

Go pick on someone who understands english and nouns and Pronouns and stuff. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:58 pm 

Baptist1611 wrote:

You forgot to convert your response to greek,just use one of the free online translators and you too can become a greek scholar.:mrgreen:

Εμείς θα σας "κακοί" νομίζω ότι είμαστε αγνοείται

1 Peter 1:25
But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 3 of 5   [ 44 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next