Change font size


Post a new topicWrite comments Page 4 of 4   [ 35 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: How the King James shows us the Pre-incarnate Jesus Christ
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:47 am 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:42 pm
Posts: 912
hobie wrote:
I think I gave you the verses that answer that, and I go by what scripture gives us, so you must study them and see what you find and God shows you through the guidance of the Holy Spirit, you can never go wrong with that.

I have the verses, I'm asking how you understand them:

Is an archangel a created being?
Should we pray to Michael?
Should we worship Michael?

_________________
1Peter 1:18,19
redeemed ... with the precious blood of Christ


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How the King James shows us the Pre-incarnate Jesus Christ
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:09 am 

Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:32 pm
Posts: 117
PeanutGallery wrote:
hobie wrote:
I think I gave you the verses that answer that, and I go by what scripture gives us, so you must study them and see what you find and God shows you through the guidance of the Holy Spirit, you can never go wrong with that.

I have the verses, I'm asking how you understand them:

Is an archangel a created being?
Should we pray to Michael?
Should we worship Michael?

It is what it is, otherwise it would not be in the Bible, so each person must study scripture and decide for themselves as God leads them. Dont look or follow what I say, we dont have to justify our faith or beliefs to man but to God. So look to Gods Word, His truth is there, the answer you are seeking, God has laid out for His faithful belivers.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: How the King James shows us the Pre-incarnate Jesus Christ
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:53 am 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:42 pm
Posts: 912
hobie wrote:
It is what it is, otherwise it would not be in the Bible, so each person must study scripture and decide for themselves as God leads them. Dont look or follow what I say, we dont have to justify our faith or beliefs to man but to God. So look to Gods Word, His truth is there, the answer you are seeking, God has laid out for His faithful belivers.

But, you are to be prepared to give an answer to questions based on your presentation.

Is an archangel a created being?
Should we pray to Michael?
Should we worship Michael?

_________________
1Peter 1:18,19
redeemed ... with the precious blood of Christ


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: How the King James shows us the Pre-incarnate Jesus Christ
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:28 pm 

Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:32 pm
Posts: 117
PeanutGallery wrote:
hobie wrote:
It is what it is, otherwise it would not be in the Bible, so each person must study scripture and decide for themselves as God leads them. Dont look or follow what I say, we dont have to justify our faith or beliefs to man but to God. So look to Gods Word, His truth is there, the answer you are seeking, God has laid out for His faithful belivers.

But, you are to be prepared to give an answer to questions based on your presentation.

Is an archangel a created being?
Should we pray to Michael?
Should we worship Michael?


The answer was in the presentation but you seem to have another purpose and I will leave it at that, the Bible speaks for itself, I dont need to add to it.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: How the King James shows us the Pre-incarnate Jesus Christ
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:15 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:45 pm
Posts: 2081
Location: Amarillo, TX
Hobie, it is quite clear that you are avoiding Peanut's questions for good reasons. You were purposefully vague in your presentation to avoid any outright accusations. Your presentation of Scripture supporting your view of Michael is a stretch, and any honest person can see it. You gave a reference in Jude, then tried to cross-reference it to Zechariah. Guess what? Michael was NOT MENTIONED in the passage from Zechariah, so it is NOT an accurate cross-reference.

Bottom line: Michael IS a created being, and Michael is NOT the pre-incarnate Jesus Christ.

On another note: Dean Burgon exposed the errors of Westcott and Hort long before Wilkinson even thought about it, so don't think that the SDA have any special claim on the KJV. Furthermore, the SDA was a SPLIT off the Baptists. They split in the mid-1800's over the controversy worshipping on Saturday or Sunday. So any truth they accidentally maintained was a result of their Baptist roots - and I would include the KJV in that. There were plenty of other people around promoting the KJV. Wilkinson may have published a book on it, but that does not mean that he was the only one promoting it.....

The other information you presented was good and helpful...but this nonsense on Michael must stop.

In Christ,

_________________
Pastor Steve Schwenke
Liberty Baptist Church
Amarillo, TX
Psalm 119:45 And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicWrite comments Page 4 of 4   [ 35 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron

9,634,594 Views


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
610nm Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net