Change font size

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 4 of 4   [ 35 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: How the King James shows us the Pre-incarnate Jesus Christ
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:47 am 

hobie wrote:
I think I gave you the verses that answer that, and I go by what scripture gives us, so you must study them and see what you find and God shows you through the guidance of the Holy Spirit, you can never go wrong with that.

I have the verses, I'm asking how you understand them:

Is an archangel a created being?
Should we pray to Michael?
Should we worship Michael?

1Peter 1:18,19
redeemed ... with the precious blood of Christ

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:09 am 

PeanutGallery wrote:
hobie wrote:
I think I gave you the verses that answer that, and I go by what scripture gives us, so you must study them and see what you find and God shows you through the guidance of the Holy Spirit, you can never go wrong with that.

I have the verses, I'm asking how you understand them:

It is what it is, otherwise it would not be in the Bible, so each person must study scripture and decide for themselves as God leads them. Dont look or follow what I say, we dont have to justify our faith or beliefs to man but to God. So look to Gods Word, His truth is there, the answer you are seeking, God has laid out for His faithful belivers.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:53 am 

hobie wrote:
It is what it is, otherwise it would not be in the Bible, so each person must study scripture and decide for themselves as God leads them. Dont look or follow what I say, we dont have to justify our faith or beliefs to man but to God. So look to Gods Word, His truth is there, the answer you are seeking, God has laid out for His faithful belivers.

But, you are to be prepared to give an answer to questions based on your presentation.

1Peter 1:18,19
redeemed ... with the precious blood of Christ

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:28 pm 

PeanutGallery wrote:
hobie wrote:

But, you are to be prepared to give an answer to questions based on your presentation.

The answer was in the presentation but you seem to have another purpose and I will leave it at that, the Bible speaks for itself, I dont need to add to it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:15 pm 

Hobie, it is quite clear that you are avoiding Peanut's questions for good reasons. You were purposefully vague in your presentation to avoid any outright accusations. Your presentation of Scripture supporting your view of Michael is a stretch, and any honest person can see it. You gave a reference in Jude, then tried to cross-reference it to Zechariah. Guess what? Michael was NOT MENTIONED in the passage from Zechariah, so it is NOT an accurate cross-reference.

Bottom line: Michael IS a created being, and Michael is NOT the pre-incarnate Jesus Christ.

On another note: Dean Burgon exposed the errors of Westcott and Hort long before Wilkinson even thought about it, so don't think that the SDA have any special claim on the KJV. Furthermore, the SDA was a SPLIT off the Baptists. They split in the mid-1800's over the controversy worshipping on Saturday or Sunday. So any truth they accidentally maintained was a result of their Baptist roots - and I would include the KJV in that. There were plenty of other people around promoting the KJV. Wilkinson may have published a book on it, but that does not mean that he was the only one promoting it.....

The other information you presented was good and helpful...but this nonsense on Michael must stop.

In Christ,

Psalm 119:45 And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 4 of 4   [ 35 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4