Change font size

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 8 of 8   [ 77 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Can Modern Versions lead to salvation?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:34 pm 

Let's avoid personal attacks please.
Starting now I'll give everyone one (1) reply each to make your closing statement on the topic and then we will lock this one for a while to keep the peace. Be advised; one (1) reply each, and any more personal attacks will be deleted. Thank you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:56 pm 

Satan corrupts and changes God's word; Satan has not authored from scratch his own version of the bible.
God has permitted Satan to do so, as He did with Job, for a purpose:

1Cor 11:19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

1Peter 1:18,19
redeemed ... with the precious blood of Christ

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:31 am 

Donskey wrote:
You can holler, and accuse and try and ridicule all you like. The bottom line is you are King James Only sometimes and you are a defender for modern versions.

Your position is inconsistent and hypocritical. That's the bottom line and you don' like it.

Hi Donskey,

You again accuse others of all kinds of things without being able to back them up and provide examples.

For instance, this would be an example of an inconsistency:
Donskey wrote:
My wife is Russian. Her parents and grand parents live in Russia and don't speak a word of English. After she got saved she obviously wanted her family to be saved. She asked me what should we do?

I told her to compare the KJV with their Russian Bible. Check some key scriptures, Act 8:37, 1 John 5:7 etc and see if they are there. And so she did and they were in the Russian Bible her parents had.

She quoted the Russian Bible verses pertaining to the gospel and salvation, and subsequently both her parents and her grandparents accepted what she preached, and got saved.

Now are they saved? I don't know. I have to believe they are, am I 100% sure? No I'm not, what I'm 100% sure about is when someone hears the scriptures (the word of God which is the KJV today) and obtains faith for salvation and gets saved. That is what I'm 100% sure about, because that's what I read in the scriptures.

It’s clear here that you aren’t sure whether the Russian Bible contains scripture. You made it very clear that it couldn’t in other posts, and even ridiculed others for suggesting they could contain scripture;
Donskey wrote:
The gospel is according to the scriptures. Either modern versions are scripture or they are not. Some would like to say they contain some scripture, which means those parts are inspired by God. I can't believe God inspired any part of those counterfeit bibles. He inspired only one the KJV.

So they couldn't be saved,
Donskey wrote:
We are born again by incorruptible seed. Are modern versions corrupt? Yes, then they are corrupt seed.

then you’re not just too sure here. You’re not sure if these people could be saved or not. Taken with all your other arguments, it appears that if they are saved, then they were saved against what the scriptures say. Yet despite your uncertainties, you are very dogmatic and make doctrine out of your beliefs, and it appears will even make this a matter of fellowship. It must be hard on you not to know for sure they're saved, and it must be hard on them for you not to be able to accept them as brothers and sisters in Christ. Your confusion isn't good, you couldn't encourage them to ever serve in a church not knowing they're saved, and you could never know they're saved by your doctrine. Yet, if they are saved, they should be serving and members of a church. So what do you do? I guess the same thing you do about supporting foreign language ministries and ministries to the deaf.

Here is another example of an inconsistency:
Donskey wrote:
I’m in the generation when the KJV exists. That is the word of God, that is the scripture today. What they used in the past I don’t really know, I do know they existed, but I wasn’t there, history can give us some indication what they had, but one thing I know, they had the scriptures. In what form, which language etc I don’t know, I wasn’t there, and it doesn’t really matter. If God said they had it, then they had it. .

Donskey wrote:
The word of God has been in heaven forever. The KJV has always been there. The so called Hebrew words like Alleluia are English words. The English did not borrow them from the Hebrew but rather the Hebrew borrowed them from the English. If the KJV has always been there and is the original word of God then there is no other conclusion. The same can be said for any so called Greek words that were borrowed from the Greek or transliterated. It is a matter of what bias you approach this particular subject.

Maybe your views are changing over time, maybe you recognized the difficulty with saying that Jesus must have spoken English during His incarnation if the second view was correct, as He is the Word and the word is in English, and changed it to the first, but yet you're still always so dogmatic.

This also seems inconsistent to me:
Donskey wrote:
Does God save people in some unique way outside of the gospel according to the scriptures? I dunno, maybe he does maybe he doesn’t.

Here are some examples of hollering, accusing, and ridiculing:
Donskey wrote:

Ahhh, the penny drops, you were the one defending modern versions on that forum so you've come over to this one to defend modern versions. Good job. Keep it up. You're an imposter posing as a King James Onlyist so you can defend modern versions. You have been exposed again.

Donskey wrote:

Hmm what planet am I on? You're the one defending modern versions not me.

I'm saying they are counterfeits and false etc, you're the one saying they have truth, that they somehow have God's word and gospel in there somewhere.

You should call Zondervan or James White, they're looking for blokes like you. You do a better job of defending modern versions than they do.

Hypocrisy: see above, and:
Donskey wrote:
I’m not going to accuse anybody of anything.

Donskey wrote:
I struggle with my view, I really do, I don't want to believe it, I would very much rather believe that all Bibles are seed and the word of God, but the more I read my KJV the more I see that it cannot be the case.

Donskey wrote:
Some things I understand and other things I don’t, some things I have a partial understanding and the things I completely understand I don’t usually like. That is, my flesh doesn’t like it.

Donskey wrote:
Don't blame me, I didn't write the scriptures, God wrote them, it's his words not mine. I just believe em. Why don't you go outside, look up to the sky and tell God you don't like what his word says. I dare ya
As I mentioned before, you're the only one I've noticed saying you don't like what the scripture says.
Donskey wrote:

Yep, you're typical of a modern version sympathizer, all you can do is get personal. If it makes you feel better then knock yourself out.

In conclusion, Donskey, not only are your arguments inconsistent and unsure as I pointed out above, but your understanding and use of scripture is deficient as I pointed out to you a couple of places. In fact you would forbid others from leading others to Christ because you somehow have gotten Mark 9:38 & 39; and Luke 9:49 & 50 backwards. It’s a serious mistake. You go to extreme lengths, if the men in Luke 9 and Mark 9 didn’t believe exactly as you, or didn’t have perfect understanding of some point, you would prevent them from serving the Lord in any capacity. On the other hand, if you were to admit that they were serving the Lord, you would say we shouldn't say anything about their errors or try to correct them. Either we must praise wholeheartedly, or condemn completely. Then you base your doctrine and your fellowship on your lack of understanding. Look to yourself, it's clear that you're not 100% correct, so why shouldn't I reject everything you say, according to your doctrine of extremes?

Why not consider the arguments people make like;
PeanutGallery wrote:
Satan corrupts and changes God's word; Satan has not authored from scratch his own version of the bible.
God has permitted Satan to do so, as He did with Job, for a purpose:

1Cor 11:19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

But there seems to be no such thing as corruption according to your doctrine of extremes. There is only pollution, or there is water. There is no such thing as polluted water. It would seem there is either leaven or bread, there is no such thing as leavened bread.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:28 pm 

Donskey
I will agree with your position to a large degree as I explained earlier.
I don't think it is wise to discount the testimony of others who have been truly born again as some here have laid out. IF they claim salvation, and have ample evidence to prove it, then we do not have the perogative to disavow them. THat can only mean that your position might have some [minor] flaws to it.
But when it comes to other peoples who do not know or speak English, I believe you are way off base. If you are correct, your Russian in-laws are on their way to Hell, and it would seem to me that your best chance of seeing them saved is teaching them English, and giving them a KJV. If you have not done that, then you are a little bit hypocritical on your position.
If you are correct on your position in relation to the entire world, then our missionary efforts to non English speaking peoples are useless.
So my disagreement with you has more to do with foreign Bible translations written for other languages than it does with modern English Bible versions.

In Christ

Psalm 119:45 And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:07 am 

Steve Schwenke wrote:
Donskey
I will agree with your position to a large degree as I explained earlier.
I don't think it is wise to discount the testimony of others who have been truly born again as some here have laid out. IF they claim salvation, and have ample evidence to prove it, then we do not have the perogative to disavow them. THat can only mean that your position might have some [minor] flaws to it.
But when it comes to other peoples who do not know or speak English, I believe you are way off base. If you are correct, your Russian in-laws are on their way to Hell, and it would seem to me that your best chance of seeing them saved is teaching them English, and giving them a KJV. If you have not done that, then you are a little bit hypocritical on your position.
If you are correct on your position in relation to the entire world, then our missionary efforts to non English speaking peoples are useless.
So my disagreement with you has more to do with foreign Bible translations written for other languages than it does with modern English Bible versions.

In Christ

Hi Pastor

Thank you for your civil reply, unlike ******.

What I'm saying is I don't know. Is the Russian Bible inspired? I don't know, it might be it might not be. If it's not then they don't have scripture. Maybe God has inspired that version for the Russian people.

All I can do is preach what is revealed to me. I know the KJV is scripture and God confirmed it. It is the Bible he chose to change the world, just like he confirmed the apostles who changed the world.

Outside of that all I can do is speculate. All I can do is profess what is revealed in scripture. Others what to stretch and make the scriptures say what they want it to say, just because they don't like what it says.

I've been accused that I'm the only one on this forum that said they don't like what some of the scriptures say. I made it clear that it's my flesh that doesn't like it. I will go one step further. My flesh hates the scriptures. But because my flesh hates the scriptures I don't change it to suit my flesh. I have to accept what it says whether I like it or not.

If something in the scriptures challenges what you've believed for many years, then don't change them to suit yourself.

Secondly, I've never once said no one is saved that has been saved from modern versions. If that is the implication from what scriptures I've shown, then I'm not saying it, the scriptures say it. They can scoff at it, call me all manner of names or accept it. What great crime am I committing? The crime that says just make sure 100% that you're saved. The crime that uplifts God's word to where it should be uplifted. Uplifted above God's name. The crime of exposing the corruption of all the counterfeits to God's word? Yep, I'm guilty of all of the above.

It's not like my point leaves them in a hopeless situation. Simply get the scriptures, the KJV. hear the gospel and get saved. Not to difficult.

Rev.19

[13] And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:29 am 

The Lord used several Christians, years before my salvation, to get me thinking about eternal life.
He used a King James Bible "left lying around" at work to get working on me a couple years before my salvation.
The Lord used xmas, something I now reject, to get me thinking about Jesus. I was saved near that time and always thought about him then, especially that year, 1983.
The Lord used a secular movie, The Day After, which debuted Nov. 20th of 1983, to get me thinking about world war and to start reading "scripture" to check that out. (Just prior to xmas. Talk about timing.)
The Lord used that corrupt paraphrase, The Good News For Modern Man, to convict me of my sin and eternal destiny, if I didn't get saved. That was given to my wife by my sister in law the summer of 1983.
And used a Chick tract, This Was Your Life, among others, to lead me to salvation. Again, the tracts just happened to be "lying around".

I called upon the name of the Lord, in the cab of a dump truck with a snow plow attached at about 3 a.m. in a snow storm under a security light, without a King James Bible being within 100 miles of my location, as far as I knew. i didn't even know there was a difference between bibles at that time. I didn't even care about bibles till then.

That's how he works. That's how it's done. That's called the goodness of God.

The Lord will use anything and everything to save a soul. He knows what the final outcome is for someone who rejects Christ. He created it.

He then leads you into all truth. It's up to you to follow through. Hence, millions of Christians who read all the corrupt rubbish. They were led to the King James, I'm positive, but rejected it, probably because of peer prerssure.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:36 pm 

kingjames1 wrote:
They were led to the King James, I'm positive, but rejected it, probably because of peer prerssure.

Or, propaganda; I offer KJB, but will be met with "I don't like old english", or "I don't like the thee's and thou's" without ever asking what they mean.
Then some turn around to Greek and Hebrew; me thinks it would be a lot easier to learn definitions of olde terms, then to learn a new language and all its nuances.

1Peter 1:18,19
redeemed ... with the precious blood of Christ

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 8 of 8   [ 77 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8