Change font size

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 1 of 2   [ 11 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: New "Muslim-Friendly Bibles" remove Father and Son
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:58 pm 

Last time I checked, the name "Allah" wasn't in the Bible...

WND - At the forefront of the controversy are the Wycliffe Bible Translators, the Summer Institute of Linguistics and Frontiers, all of which are producing Bible translations that remove or modify terms which they have deemed offensive to Muslims.

That’s right: Muslim-friendly Bibles.

Included in the controversial development is the removal of any references to God as “Father,” to Jesus as the “Son” or “the Son of God.” One example of such a change can be seen in an Arabic version of the Gospel of Matthew produced and promoted by Frontiers and SIL. It changes Matthew 28:19 from this:

"baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"

to this:

“cleanse them by water in the name of Allah, his Messiah and his Holy Spirit.”

A large number of such Muslim-sensitive translations already are published and well-circulated in several Muslim-majority nations such as Bangladesh, Indonesia and Malaysia. Full story here...
http://www.wnd.com/2012/01/new-bible-ya ... on-of-god/

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: New "Muslim-Friendly Bibles" remove Father and Son
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:33 pm 

They always lose me at Allah. :roll:
From what I have read -- that name "Allah" is a reference to a pagan moon god, and that name has no business being used to describe the God of the Holy Bible!

They shouldn't sacrifice the scriptures to placate Muslims or anyone else. I haven't read Lingel's book but what he's saying makes sense -- this attempt at mixing Islam with Christianity is resulting in "pseudo converts" that remain wrapped up in Islam and never identify with the Lord Jesus. If that's what's happening, this type of thing does not square with the teachings of Jesus and the New Testament ----->

Luke 9:26 "For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed"

2 Cor 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

"It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favors." -- George Washington (Ref: A Collection, W.B. Allen, ed. 543)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:10 pm 

Does this not show the wickedness that is behind all of these modern perversions? They are not interested in worshipping Jesus Christ, or glorifying our Saviour. They just want to SELL A BOOK!!!!

Psalm 119:45 And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:41 pm 

Absolutely -- and Muslims deserve the truth, not another watered-down book with a stinkin' copyright on it. If you're going to start adding Allah, and deleting any references to God as Father, or Jesus as the Son, you might as well be feeding them jello. Just translate Curious George into Arabic and send that over there. :roll: :roll:

"It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favors." -- George Washington (Ref: A Collection, W.B. Allen, ed. 543)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:34 pm 

More on this;
apparently Wycliffe has fired back a response on the charges; I'm still trying to figure out what they are talking about. Maybe they need a "new translation" for their news release...

The Wycliffe response:

“The titles are not removed, but are preserved in a way that does not communicate incorrect meaning. The issue is not that the Greek term is offensive to Muslims, rather the issue is that – unfortunately – for some readers, traditional translations may imply that God has sex with women, and give readers the impression the translation is corrupt” .....

Howse adds that he’s concerned that this movement is tied to a broader cultural trend that attempts to appease Muslims rather than tell them the truth of the Gospel.

“I am troubled by the trend to appeal to Muslims through political correctness. In 2007, Rick Warren, Bill Hybels and others signed the Yale Document that says that Muslims and Christians worship the same God,” Howse said.

“A Yale Document speaks of ‘one God’ when it declared ‘We applaud that A Common Word Between Us and You stresses so insistently the unique devotion to one God,’” Howse said. “Muslims and Christians do not worship the same God; that is blasphemy. Allah, as described in the Qur’an, matches many of the descriptions of Satan in the Bible.”

WYCLIFFE DEFENDS CHANGING TITLES FOR GOD
http://www.wnd.com/2012/02/wycliffe-def ... s-for-god/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:07 pm 

Quote:
The Wycliffe response:

“The titles are not removed, but are preserved in a way that does not communicate incorrect meaning. The issue is not that the Greek term is offensive to Muslims, rather the issue is that – unfortunately – for some readers, traditional translations may imply that God has sex with women, and give readers the impression the translation is corrupt” .....

HMMM -- I guess by "traditional translations" they mean the Holy Bible?

Okay let's see -- they think the Muslims have a problem with "Father" -- but that is the word in the KJV so I think the Muslims and the scholars need to adjust their thinking instead of deleting the preserved words of GOD THE FATHER.

I guess if they delete "Father" they can delete the entire doctrine of adoption, and without a "Father" there is no need for His Son either.

and I'm sure the Mormons and JW's have a problem with 1 John 5:7 -- so maybe delete some of that.

and I'm sure the Buddhists have a problem with John 14:6 -- so delete all that.

and I'm sure the Atheists have a problem with John 1:1 -- so delete that too.

What a bunch of theological losers!!! :roll: :roll: :evil:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:00 pm 

Yeah pretty much.
Customized "bibles" to support every wind of doctrine.
And don't forget about the so-called "gender neutral" NIV PC garbage...
http://www.newser.com/story/114402/evan ... bible.html

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:25 pm 

This is thing at Wycliffe is not going away!!!
they are being called onto the carpet for their pathetic translation work!
This shows the power of internet forums and blogs ---->

"The dispute moved from Internet forums and online petitions to concern from large Christian bodies. The Assemblies of God — one of the largest Pentecostal fellowships, with more than 60 million members in affiliated churches worldwide — announced it would review its longstanding relationship with Wycliffe."

Wycliffe -- "We're submitting ourselves to a global consultation that will look at our translation practices and we'll abide by the recommendations." :roll:

Bible Translator Under Fire for Changes in Muslim Version
http://www.newsmax.com/US/Bible-Dispute ... /id/437191

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:32 pm 

Wow, 4 years later -- and I guess these "highly intelligent" translators are still tying to figure this out!!! :roll:

5 Reasons “Muslim Friendly” Bible Translations are Counterproductive

http://biblicalmissiology.org/2016/06/0 ... roductive/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:05 pm 

Are there any KJV Bible Societies that make KJV-based translations in other languages?

"Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." – Ephesians 6:11

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 1 of 2   [ 11 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next