Change font size

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Mandella Effect
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:55 pm 

About over a year ago while I was reading my Bible I started to notice what I thought were changes in the text. I looked this phenomenon up online and found nothing mentioned about it, but not many months later everyone online was talking about it. This was the King James Bible I was reading, not the NIV, or the ESV, or the NLT. Now those who hold to the inerrancy of the scriptures put the fears of many to rest, giving this explanation, that people were recalling the passages wrong. But not long after that when I was in the hospital, and a King James Bible was given to me, I was reading the book of Revelation, and in the first chapter I read this verse: "And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father", which I had never notice before, having read the book of Revelations many times. And not only that, but I have found similar phrases in Galations, Ephesians, I Thessalonians, etc, which in all the time I had read the Bible, I never noticed.

Now I don't want to believe that the King James Bible is mysteriously changing, and I am not trying to cause any trouble with this post, but there are just some things that I don't know how to account for. Can you help me to understand that the Bible has always contained this phrasing? Thanks.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Mandella Effect
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:33 pm 

Sorry but I don't see the problem -- and I don't understand why or what you think is "mysteriously changing" can you be more specific?

The passage in the KJV is clear:

REV 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Since you made "and his Father" in italics, I assume you having trouble with those words?

Jesus referred to God as his Father -->

LUKE 23:34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.

"It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favors." -- George Washington (Ref: A Collection, W.B. Allen, ed. 543)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:13 am 

Baptist1611 wrote:
Sorry but I don't see the problem -- and I don't understand why or what you think is "mysteriously changing" can you be more specific?

The passage in the KJV is clear:

REV 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Since you made "and his Father" in italics, I assume you having trouble with those words?

Jesus referred to God as his Father -->

LUKE 23:34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.

I have trouble with it because the nearest antecedent is "God", which I thought was already a reference to God the Father. I know that probably that the conjunction "and" is equating God and the Father of Jesus Christ, not signifying two separate persons, but it is hard for me to read it this way because unlike the phrases "the God and Father", there is a possessive personal pronoun, which, reminding me of the article "the", makes me think of the two noun phrases as not referring to the same person.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:00 pm 

If the choice is between reality changing or your memory being faulty, I would go with the latter.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:02 pm 

waitingforzion wrote:
I have trouble with it because the nearest antecedent is "God", which I thought was already a reference to God the Father. I know that probably that the conjunction "and" is equating God and the Father of Jesus Christ, not signifying two separate persons, but it is hard for me to read it this way because unlike the phrases "the God and Father", there is a possessive personal pronoun, which, reminding me of the article "the", makes me think of the two noun phrases as not referring to the same person.

You might be over-analyzing it a bit, sir. :ugeek:

Rest assured what you read in the KJB is flawless. I understand it might be "hard" for you to read it but on this forum we generally believe the Bible as it is written -- and we adjust our critical thinking accordingly! Ask God for help and the Holy Spirit will help you understand passages that seem hard, it works for me!

"It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favors." -- George Washington (Ref: A Collection, W.B. Allen, ed. 543)

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]