Change font size

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 1 of 2   [ 11 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Adams Rib ?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:59 am 

What about Adams Rib ?
Speaking of proper hermeneutics
In [url=http://ebible.com/query?utf=8✓&query=Genesis%202%3A21&translation=ESV]Genesis 2:21[/url] God took one of Adam’s ribs to create Eve.
and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof” KJV
According to Strong's Hebrew Lexicon the word rib, Hebrew צלע'tsela' (Strong’s 6763) , side or rib from the primitive root word of צלע'tsala' (Strong’s 6760) which means curve, limp in the sense of bowing, to arc, as in pray.
So what does this all mean? Well what if the translation was indeed wrong and that it was in fact “tsala“(Strong’s 6760) they did not understand that God took from Adam’s curve. So they extrapolated (assumed) that it meant rib. God said Adam’s curve. In other words from Adam’s Double Helix (Curve) DNA.
The fact is they didn't know of DNA but God did after all he is the Creator of All.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Adams Rib ?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:27 am 

buddyt wrote:
What about Adams Rib ?
In [url=http://ebible.com/query?utf=8✓&query=Genesis%202%3A21&translation=ESV]Genesis 2:21[/url] God took one of Adam’s ribs to create Eve.
According to Strong's Hebrew Lexicon the word rib, Hebrew צלע'tsela' (Strong’s 6763) , side or rib from the primitive root word of צלע'tsala' (Strong’s 6760) which means curve, limp in the sense of bowing, to arc, as in pray.
So what does this all mean? Well what if the translation was indeed wrong and that it was in fact “tsala“(Strong’s 6760) they did not understand that God took from Adam’s curve. So they extrapolated (assumed) that it meant rib. God said Adam’s curve. In other words from Adam’s Double Helix (Curve) DNA.
The fact is they didn't know of DNA but God did after all he is the Creator of All.

"Well what if the translation was indeed wrong" -- yea hath God said? :roll:

The KJV is not "wrong," Buddyt. Why would you come on a forum like this and even suggest lies like that? Probably for the same reason you brought us Mormon theology a few days ago.

I guess when you can't defend your teachings on one thread you have to run off and start another and attack the KJV in the process.

BTW -- I see you have graduated from poor spelling of English posts to copy and pasting Hebrew!

"It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favors." -- George Washington (Ref: A Collection, W.B. Allen, ed. 543)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:56 am 

Jeff wrote:
Curiously, "buddyt" and "reddneo", while claiming to follow the Bible, really seem to make some kind of "science" their god. "buddyt" is trying to make the Bible fit his understanding of science.

You nailed it! Why is it that we can smell these guys a mile away -- maybe we got a special dose of Adam’s Double Helix (Curve) DNA?

"It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favors." -- George Washington (Ref: A Collection, W.B. Allen, ed. 543)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:13 am 

I never said The word was wrong. Pleas show me where I did. I said what if those who translated it were wrong. Big difference. Do you really believe those who did so couldn't make mistakes. If so your living in a dream world. I belong to several Christian forums some of which have those who refused to consider others views and understanding of the Word. I no longer post their. This seems to be one of those. So have fun wrapped up in yourself

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:54 am 

buddyt wrote:
I never said The word was wrong. Pleas show me where I did. I said what if those who translated it were wrong. Big difference. Do you really believe those who did so couldn't make mistakes. If so your living in a dream world.

Bravo -- that tells us everything we need to know about your superior Bible knowledge, sir!

1. First you serve up your private interpretation of Joe Smith's "pre-existence" Mormon errors and run from the topic when questioned on it.

2. Then you attempt to trample God's KJV as a "wrong assumption" in Genesis.

3. Then you replaced God's preserved word with "curve."

I guess you never stopped to consider why God would need to open up a man's flesh just to get a DNA sample. As for being "wrapped up in yourself" -- your posts speak volumes! -->

buddyt wrote:
So they extrapolated (assumed) that it meant rib. God said Adam’s curve. In other words from Adam’s Double Helix (Curve) DNA.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:51 pm 

buddyt wrote:
What about Adams Rib ?
Quote:
[Gen 2:21] And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
God needed to put man to sleep, and then close up his flesh, just to take a little DNA?

God wasn't able to convey and make man understand what He meant, so he just used some nebulous word that doesn't really describe anything at all?

And since you place definitions and other works of men above the plain meaning of the Bible, Strong's 6763 means side or rib, just as it says. It may be related to some other word, but it's not that word and doesn't have the sense or meaning of that word, and the men who were inspired to write and translate the Bible knew the difference and weren't idiots, and even the men who wrote the Hebrew lexicons knew the difference.

By the way; assuming your theory was true, of what practical use is there of that information? Does it make you a better person, or help you to know God better? Do you think God is going to reward you for figuring out the Great Mysteries of the Universe, or something?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:45 pm 

buddyt wrote:
Actually, looking even further at the lexicons, you seem to be twisting things even more than I realized. Strong's 6763 means ribs, just as the KJV says, which apparently sounds similar to 6760, which means "limp", not curve, as you seem to be trying to lead us to believe; though Strong seems to think that it may be related somehow to "curve", but doesn't even seem sure about that.
Quote:
H6760 צָלַע tsala` (tsaw-lah') v.
to limp (as if one-sided).
{used only as denominative from H6763}
[a primitive root: probably to curve]
KJV: halt.
See also: H6763
And if you look at more modern works, as I suspect you like modern "schoarship", they also all say that 6763 means side or ribs when applied to man and say nothing about curves from what I saw (I looked at Zodhiates' Complete Word Study Dictionary and the Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament. Both thought highly of in modern scholarship). So your conjecture gets even more far-fetched.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:28 pm 

Buddy may as well write his own version like everyone else seems to be doing nowadays. It could say something like, "God took a curvy thing out of Adam and called it Woman". At least it wouldn't be any more crass than "The Message" and such.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:08 pm 

buddyt wrote:
What about Adams Rib ?

today doctors can get DNA without putting one to sleep. I do believe if God was taking Adams DNA he also did not need to put Adam to sleep. So it was not DNA that God took. imho

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:57 pm 

jxxzz wrote:
today doctors can get DNA without putting one to sleep. I do believe if God was taking Adams DNA he also did not need to put Adam to sleep. So it was not DNA that God took. imho
Exactly. And Adam didn't say something like, "This is now curvy thing of my curvy things" but:
Quote:
[Gen 2:23] And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. [Gen 2:24] Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
Of course Adam's bone and flesh must have contained his DNA, but it's kind of silly to think that's all that God was trying to convey in the Bible. Also God could have just spoke Eve into existence containing the exact, or different, DNA that Adam had, and bypassed the surgical operation. This also reminds me of "buddyt"'s argument on other threads about how God wouldn't have created the earth without form and void when He started. Yes, I'm sure He could have just spoke the earth into existence fully formed in an instant, just as He could have spoke Woman into existence without a messy* surgical operation. But God has a reason for not doing things the way men says He should have to.

*(Not that I would call anything that God does "messy", but I'm just trying to make a point from a human standpoint of people who would call creating something initially formless and void as somehow going against the nature of God.)

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 1 of 2   [ 11 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next