Change font size

Forum lockedWrite comments Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Forum Policy - Read Before Posting Here!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:08 pm 
Site Admin

Promotion of Ministries, Products and Services

During the past year we have seen an increase of people intending to use the forum for the promotion of their ministries, services or products. As the forum grows, we expect this to increase. In some cases, we have had members trying to promote new versions of the Bible (here is an example).

This has led to a policy regarding promotions on the forum. Effective immediately, this is allowed by permission only. The management is not obligated to publish any promotion of ministries, doctrines, services or products which we determine to be unsuitable for our forum. However, we may allow promotion in some cases.

1. Before posting information that specifically and directly promotes a ministry here, you are expected to contact the Administrator and make your full doctrinal statement available for review. Also, before specifically and directly promoting a product or service, you are expected to contact the Administrator for permission.

2. Any posts of this type must be located in the promotional section of the forum only. We reserve the right to reject any promotion of ministries, services, websites, forums or products which we determine to be unsuitable for our forum. Any promotions without prior approval will be subject to deletion.

3. Regarding any books or other items offered for sale; the KJV Bible Forum is in no way responsible for any private transactions that take place between members; members assume any risk associated with participating in such transactions, and the Forum has no way to control or resolve any dispute that may arise out of the sale or purchase of any merchandise offered by members on this site; including scamming, misrepresenting, non payment for items received, items delivered that do not meet the description, etc.

4. Allowing such ministries and products to be promoted here in no way constitutes an endorsement or warranty by the forum or its management. Thanks for your understanding.

Questions and Answers

Q: I have written a new book about salvation in the Bible. Can I promote it here?
A: Possibly, but a doctrinal statement may be required, so contact the Admin. for permission. Unfortunately, we have had some real "quacks" on here before, promoting various materials and teachings, while all claiming to be KJB based.

Q: I have written a book promoting Mormonism. Can I promote it here?
A: No, that would be a violation of the forum guidelines and deemed inappropriate.

Q: I am starting an outreach ministry to teenagers in my city. Can I promote it here?
A: Possibly, but a doctrinal statement may be required, please contact the Admin.

Q: I am a Christian who owns a small business. Can I promote it here?
A: This is an ad-free forum and we have to avoid spammers, (people who join just to sell products) but in some cases it might be allowed on a limited basis for active members. Constant promotion of this nature would be inappropriate. But if you simply wanted to introduce your business or announce a grand opening of a small business that may be acceptable, all we ask is that you contact the Admin for permission.

Q: I am a Christian attorney for a legal fund defending religious liberty. Can I introduce my practice and services here?
A: This would probably be allowed, please contact the Admin. for permission.

Q: I own a liquor store and a tattoo shop. Can I promote those here?
A: Those would be deemed inappropriate, no.

Profile E-mail  

Forum lockedWrite comments Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]