Change font size

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Patterns in the Bible - King David
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:50 pm 

There is an observation that I have noticed in the Bible. It is stated that the number three is "divine perfection". It is also stated in the bible that “All scripture is given by inspiration of God …” 2 Timothy 3:16. If the number three is divine and the Bible is divinely inspired then we should be able to reconcile these two statements. I have done some research in the Bible to prove this fact using the King James version.
I will begin with stories related to King David. After King David had the affair with the wife of one of his soldiers named Uriah the prophet Nathan was sent unto him to prophesy that "...the sword shall never depart from thine house" (2 Sam. 12:1-10). Reading further in 2 Samuel I read of the three sons of David that died, in time, after his affair with Bathsheba. The first son to die is the child of that affair as stated in 2 Sam. 12:18-19. The second son to die of his is his first son Amnon in 2 Samuel 13:28 whom he had by Ahinoam the Yizre'elite/Jezreel. He was slain by the servants of his brother Abalom because he had raped his sister Tamar. Some years later, the third son of David's to die is Absalom who rebelled against his father. This third son of David's was by Maacah/(Maachah) the daughter of Talmay(Talmai) King of Geshur. It is stated that ten of David’s men slew him under the command of Joad David’s army commander. Of the three sons the last two are linked in that they lived together and were slain by others. Of the three boys who died it is recorded that David displayed emotion for the death of Absalom in 2 Sam. 19:4. Here are the relevant verses:
2 Samuel 12:18 "And it came to pass on the seventh day, that the child died. And the servants of David feared to tell him that the child was dead: for they said, Behold, while the child was yet alive, we spake unto him, and he would not hearken unto our voice: how will he then vex himself, if we tell him that the child is dead?"
2 Samuel 12:19 "But when David saw that his servants whispered, David perceived that the child was dead: therefore David said unto his servants, Is the child dead? And they said, He is dead."
2 Samuel 13:28 "Now Absalom had commanded his servants, saying, Mark ye now when Amnon's heart is merry with wine, and when I say unto you, Smite Amnon; then kill him, fear not: have not I commanded you? be courageous, and be valiant."
2 Samuel 18:14 "Then said Joab, I may not tarry thus with thee. And he took three darts in his hand, and thrust them through the heart of Absalom, while he was yet alive in the midst of the oak.
2 Samuel 18:15 "And ten young men that bare Joab's armour compassed about and smote Absalom, and slew him."

In the observation of the threes in the Bible there is an emergence of a unique pattern to them.
I detail this pattern of them in my book called "The Cracking of the Bible: The Divine Pattern Revealed."
http://www.xulonpress.com/bookstore/boo ... 1498414814
http://www.amazon.com/Cracking-Bible-Di ... 1498414814

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Patterns in the Bible - King David (again)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:54 pm 

There is an observation that I have noticed in the Bible. It is stated that the number three is "divine perfection". It is also stated in the bible that “All scripture is given by inspiration of God …” 2 Timothy 3:16. If the number three is divine and the Bible is divinely inspired then we should be able to reconcile these two statements. I have done some research in the Bible to prove this fact using the King James version.

In keeping with a focus on King David in 1 Chr. 21:1-14 and stated closely in 2 Sam. 24:12-15 is another story of three pertaining to him. The story starts off with King David being influenced by Satan to take a census of the people. This displeased the Lord and the prophet Gad or "David's Seer" was dispatched to give King Dave a choice by the Lord of three punishments. These punishments were seven years famine, three months fleeing enemies, or three days pestilence. Of the three choices King David allowed God to choose and option three was done. As a result of the third choice 70,000 men were killed once the plague was stayed. Here are the relevant verses:
1 Chronicles 21:10 "Go and tell David, saying, Thus saith the LORD, I offer thee three things: choose thee one of them, that I may do it unto thee."
1 Chronicles 21:12 "Either three years' famine; or three months to be destroyed before thy foes, while that the sword of thine enemies overtaketh thee; or else three days the sword of the LORD, even the pestilence, in the land, and the angel of the LORD destroying throughout all the coasts of Israel. Now therefore advise thyself what word I shall bring again to him that sent me."
1 Chronicles 21:13 "And David said unto Gad, I am in a great strait: let me fall now into the hand of the LORD; for very great are his mercies: but let me not fall into the hand of man."
1 Chronicles 21:14 "So the LORD sent pestilence upon Israel: and there fell of Israel seventy thousand men."

In the observation of the threes in the Bible there is an emergence of a unique pattern to them. I detail this pattern of them in my book called "The Cracking of the Bible: The Divine Pattern Revealed."

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Patterns in the Bible - David the young man
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:59 pm 

Again in keeping a focus on David I read in 1 Sam. 17:34-52 of how David was involved with the slaying of three as a young man, two animals, a lion and a bear in regards to protecting his father's sheep, verses.34-36, and Goliath in verse 49. In 1 Sam. 17:36 it states, “Thy servant slew both the lion and the bear: and this uncircumcised Philistine shall be as one of them, seeing he hath defied the armies of the living God.”

In the observation of the threes in the Bible there is an emergence of a unique pattern to them. I detail this pattern of them in my book called "The Cracking of the Bible: The Divine Pattern Revealed."

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Patterns in the Bible - King David
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:12 pm 

So now that this pattern has been "revealed," -- what is its purpose?

From the Amazon page:

"The time has now come to REVEAL some of God's consistency or HIS pattern in the Bible which has been hidden for so long."

From the George Kidd Blog:

"The Zero Year U.S. Presidential Curse is NOT over yet, officially"

"A different kind of "Hack". This phenomenon that has been going on in American history has been given a number of names such as Tecumseh's Curse, the curse of Tippecanoe, and the “zero year” Presidential Curse. It is stated to happen when a U.S. president is elected during a year divisible by twenty evenly. It is said that the story of the curse was first widely noted in a book published in the 1930s called “Ripley's Believe it or Not” with the observing of those presidents that had been victims of the curse up until that time since 1840. After the assassination attempt by John Hinkley, Jr. against President Reagan there were those who stated that the curse was over and/or broken since the President survived. I recall vividly after that event that one Lyndon LaRouche, a political figure, made the statement that the curse was over or broken on television. For me, without having or knowing closely all the details you cannot declare the curse over. There is another aspect of the curse that was never been explored until now. Before getting into this new aspect of the curse here is a short recap of those presidents that were in some way affected by it"…

"There is another phenomenon that I looked into also. There are those who make correlations with Friday the 13th and world events…"

http://geo-kidd.blogspot.com

"It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favors." -- George Washington (Ref: A Collection, W.B. Allen, ed. 543)

Last edited by Baptist1611 on Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:12 pm 

Your book has 346 pages, or 173 leaves (I think the term is). Even if you count the cover it comes to 350/175 (unless it has three covers).

Shouldn't these numbers be divisible by three, or do I need to buy three of your books?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:11 pm 

On a more serious note, one of the first concerns I found with your book is where you state:
Amazon.com book preview wrote:
Some declare that the number three is the perfect number of divinity, that it is symbolic of something being complete as it relates to the divine. There are those who say that the number three relates to permanence. Until now I have never seen any documentation that proves three is the number of divine perfection.
Any "documentation" should start with the Bible itself. One place the number three is in evidence is in the Triune Nature of God, the Trinity. The idea that three is a number of perfection wasn't something that someone dreamed up apart from the Bible that we need to make the Bible fit.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:33 pm 

I hope no one minds if I just post these things as I run across them:
Quote:
It is said that the name of God YaHWeH (YHWH) is a ...
I thought you at least had respect for the KJV.

The name I know my God by is not Yahweh, nor do I see a Yahweh in the KJV (the name of my God as stated in the KJV actually has three syllables). At the risk of being called a heretic, Yahweh seems to be a god that modern christianity worships who was unable to preserve his word, the god of the modern versions.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:04 pm 

I've glanced through the preview from Amazon.com, and along with explanations of your triangles it's full of explanations like this:
Quote:
[triangle pointed down] Genesis 9:1 states, "And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them: "Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth." Of the three items mentioned at the end of the verse, the objective of God is the third item ". . .and replenish the earth." This is the basis for the denoted triangle.
(I just picked a short example as I can't copy and paste.)

So, what do I learn from this? What lasting spiritual benefit do I get? Is dividing the Bible into threes the type of rightly dividing in which you can show yourself approved?

Maybe I've missed the explanation and/or point?

(I don't mean to be offensive, but if you're going to publish something you should expect critics. ;) )

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]