Change font size

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: God's Glory Bible
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:14 pm 

Hi,

God's Glory Bible is a King James Version Holy Bible that has a soft cover inspired by the American Flag. Along with red and white stripes and a blue field, there is one gold star for Jesus, 12 stars for the disciples and all of them together represent the 13 original colonies. The cover is super soft and is dyed red and blue on a white background - so the colors are dyed in - kind of like a black leather Bible is made from leather dyed black.

OF COURSE - it is King James Version!!! It also is red-letter, has a deep blue ribbon marker and gilded edges.

It has a presentation page, family records pages for Mother and Father's family tree, marriages, births, deaths, the 50 states and, what makes it really super special is that it includes a stories from 4 people doing good works for other Americans. Included is a section for you to set your own goals, write them down for posterity and write in when you complete the goals.

The FIRST EDITION of 10,000 is coming out right around July 4 and will be shipped then.

For more information, please visit:
http://www.GodsGloryBible.com

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: .
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:44 pm 

Matthew 10:14

Last edited by Ralph Joseph on Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: God's Glory Bible
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:24 pm 

You may want to take a different Bible when you go street preaching in Pyongyang or Tehran.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:51 pm 

Last edited by Ralph Joseph on Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:19 am 

Ralph Joseph wrote:
Jeff wrote:
You may want to take a different Bible when you go street preaching in Pyongyang or Tehran.
that is precisely my point; unless it is a matter of a different language in order to communicate as to be understood, we should not need to have different Bibles for sharing the Word of God to different people in different places. I do not believe that God wants us to preach patriotism; He wants us to preach His Word. I feel the same way about having black churches or white churches. If they speak the same language, there should just be churches.

I am also not a fan of study Bibles or commentary Bibles or teen Bibles or other themed Bibles. Personally, I believe that we should let His words stand by themselves. If other study aids are desired, I believe they should be kept separate.
I think you've missed the point, it goes a bit deeper than that. But I guess there's no point trying to explain it to you. I'm sure you'd have no problems street preaching in Iran or N. Korea with a plain black Bible.

Is it okay point out how following God's principles, and basing laws on them, helps a nation? And that God blesses in that? Or is that too much patriotism for you? I'm not talking about it being in your Bible, I prefer plain Bibles also, but you seem to take great pride in your contempt for your own country.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:30 am 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:34 am 

Last edited by Ralph Joseph on Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:40 am 

Ralph Joseph wrote:
My intention was not to create a political discussion or to dismiss people's patriotism. As I also mentioned, I fell the same way about theme Bibles and study/reference Bibles. I am simply saying that I believe that the Word of God can and should stand on its own without the assistance of specific additions. If someone wishes to use the Word of God to illustrate a point that is in line with Scripture, I think it is acceptable to use additional resources, but to leave them unattached from the pure words of God.

As I have mentioned before elsewhere, I am not the most articulate person around and my words may sometimes give a false impression of my intentions. I certainly meant no disrespect.
Understood. I see your reasoning. Maybe I read too much into quotes like:
Quote:
I do not believe that God wants us to preach patriotism; He wants us to preach His Word.
If I tell what God has done for me through His word, am I preaching myself? It's part of my testimony. I've said elsewhere that even Christians seem all to anxious to separate God from our nation. I'd better leave it at that.

:)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:48 am 

Jeff wrote:
I prefer plain Bibles also,
Just to clarify, I have nothing against cross-references, concordances, maps and helps like that. I used to use a Bible called the "Open Bible" for travel a lot, and I know at least one other person here is familiar with it. I didn't confuse the references with the Bible. I don't see it as making the Word of God impure as they're on the side, so to speak, and not mixed in. I was speaking mainly about flashy covers, HUGE Dake's Bibles with more of men's words than God's word, and things like that.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:53 pm 

Jeff wrote:
I'm sure you'd have no problems street preaching in Iran or N. Korea with a plain black Bible.

I don't think you would get by in either of those two counties with any Bible.
I know this is pure coincidental, but look at this story that popped up on Reuters today:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/08/ ... 0W20140802

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]