PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:00 pm 

Would like to Invite you to visit

http://www.kjvbelievers.com

added with permission from admin

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: KJV Believers
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:07 pm 

Lion,
THanks for the link, but it would be nice if you introduced yourself to the forum.

Question:
Do you believe it is a sin for Bible Believing Christians to meet together for worship in a building that is not somebody's house?

I am all for the house-church movement, in that too many of the other denominations have made too much of their buildings. Even in our Baptist movement, as they moved away from Biblical authority, and placed more authority in the hands of Associations and Conventions, the buildings again became more pre-eminent. But does this necessarily mean that no group of Bible believing Christians can EVER rent or build a building for the purpose of having a central place of worship for a larger group of believers than could fit into somebody's house?

The way I see it is that in the NT, we do not have any fixed "laws" as they did in the OT, and therefore there is much liberty in how we worship the Lord Jesus Christ. Obviously, there are fixed boundaries, such as immorality, immodesty, worldliness, etc., but I simply don't see why it is a problem for a group of real Bible believers to have or rent a building for meeting together.

What do you believe about this?

In CHrist,

Psalm 119:45 And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:10 pm 

Steve Schwenke wrote:
Lion,
THanks for the link, but it would be nice if you introduced yourself to the forum.

Question:
Do you believe it is a sin for Bible Believing Christians to meet together for worship in a building that is not somebody's house?

I am all for the house-church movement, in that too many of the other denominations have made too much of their buildings. Even in our Baptist movement, as they moved away from Biblical authority, and placed more authority in the hands of Associations and Conventions, the buildings again became more pre-eminent. But does this necessarily mean that no group of Bible believing Christians can EVER rent or build a building for the purpose of having a central place of worship for a larger group of believers than could fit into somebody's house?

The way I see it is that in the NT, we do not have any fixed "laws" as they did in the OT, and therefore there is much liberty in how we worship the Lord Jesus Christ. Obviously, there are fixed boundaries, such as immorality, immodesty, worldliness, etc., but I simply don't see why it is a problem for a group of real Bible believers to have or rent a building for meeting together.

In CHrist,

Maybe Brian Denlinger needs to clarify in his videos by saying,its ok to meet in a affordable building that doesn't over tax the congregation. That would make more sense than him condemning Christians for meeting there.

I do see a point in this,and that is,these churches erect extravagant buildings,then pastors and church leaders end up compromising,in order to increase the size of there congregation,to pay for the building.

So,what happens when your church grows beyond your house? or do they not anticipate any type of growth?

Just sayin ;)

1 Peter 1:25
But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:44 pm 

Biblebeliever wrote:
I do see a point in this,and that is,these churches erect extravagant buildings...
Reminds me of Turkey where they had these huge beautiful, very expensive mosques surrounded by substandard housing (to put it politely) and beggars.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:25 am 

That sounds like my home town,where the maharishi have nice buildings for there so called school,rich people living in mansions,while others are housed in trailers living off government assistance.

But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:27 am 

I am not sure what to do with this verse,if it is wrong for Christians to meet in buildings,than why was Jesus in synagogues and temples? Doesn't Brian mention temples?

John 18:20 Jesus answered him, I spake openly to the world; I ever taught in the synagogue, and in the temple, whither the Jews always resort; and in secret have I said nothing.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:50 pm 

That would not be an assembly for me to fellowship with

1. Unclear gospel under salvation under repentance (I smell Lordship salvation)

2. dogmatic

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:11 pm 

Here is the original thread concerning buildings: Bryan Denlinger/Husky394xp

Though somebody tried to take it off topic by talking about chainsaws all the time. :( (There are better ways to get rid of church buildings than with chainsaws.)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:43 pm 

hey people don't like Church Building's and don't want to meet fellow believers there and want to kick dirt at having Church in a Building . There is China or North Korea if you can sneak in country you will not find Church Buildings and if they catch you having Church they will take care of you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:43 pm 

Jeff wrote:
Here is the original thread concerning buildings: Bryan Denlinger/Husky394xp

Though somebody tried to take it off topic by talking about chainsaws all the time. :( (There are better ways to get rid of church buildings than with chainsaws.)

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 1 of 2   [ 11 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next