Change font size

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Out with George Washington, in with "Mother Bear"
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:18 pm 

This guess this is what passes for an Episcopal church these days! -->

The board of vestry has decided it can no longer tolerate a plaque dedicated to the memory of its most famous member, George Washington.

That’s right, George Washington himself was one of the founding members of Christ Church, which is affiliated with the Episcopal Church USA. He purchased pew No. 5 when the church opened in 1773 and attended for more than 20 years whenever he rode north from Mount Vernon to do business in town.

But on Sunday, the church announced it will soon be removing a memorial plaque placed along the front wall in Washington’s honor, saying he has become so controversial that his plaque is “chasing away would-be parishioners,” the Washington Times reports.

The Episcopal Church USA has given itself over to a “Mother Earth” form of Christianity that preaches tolerance and inclusivity for everything accept what some might consider traditional, biblical Christianity.

The Christ Church of Alexandria is so inclusive that it does not have a single male pastor listed on its website. All four are women. One of them, the Rev. Ann Gillespie, is a former Hollywood actress who recently closed a sermon with a new version of the Apostle’s Creed. It starts out, “I believe in God, our Mother Bear, source of all being,” ...

it keeps getting worse from there!

http://www.wnd.com/2017/10/church-out-w ... other-god/

"It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favors." -- George Washington (Ref: A Collection, W.B. Allen, ed. 543)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Out with George Washington, in with "Mother Bear"
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:28 pm 

Baptist1611 wrote:
This guess this is what passes for an Episcopal church these days! -->

The board of vestry has decided it can no longer tolerate a plaque dedicated to the memory of its most famous member, George Washington.

That’s right, George Washington himself was one of the founding members of Christ Church, which is affiliated with the Episcopal Church USA. He purchased pew No. 5 when the church opened in 1773 and attended for more than 20 years whenever he rode north from Mount Vernon to do business in town.

But on Sunday, the church announced it will soon be removing a memorial plaque placed along the front wall in Washington’s honor, saying he has become so controversial that his plaque is “chasing away would-be parishioners,” the Washington Times reports.

The Episcopal Church USA has given itself over to a “Mother Earth” form of Christianity that preaches tolerance and inclusivity for everything accept what some might consider traditional, biblical Christianity.

The Christ Church of Alexandria is so inclusive that it does not have a single male pastor listed on its website. All four are women. One of them, the Rev. Ann Gillespie, is a former Hollywood actress who recently closed a sermon with a new version of the Apostle’s Creed. It starts out, “I believe in God, our Mother Bear, source of all being,” ...

it keeps getting worse from there! :roll:

http://www.wnd.com/2017/10/church-out-w ... other-god/

2nd Tim

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
just one of the things coming true we learned from Gods word

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:03 am 

It became obvious to me soon after I got saved in 1986 that not every building with a steeple on it was really a Church.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:46 am 

And now a monument for Marian Barry is replacing another one I heard on Fox News

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]