Change font size


Post a new topicWrite comments Page 1 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Christmas Condemned by Christ
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:42 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:02 pm
Posts: 285
.

_________________
Matthew 10:14


Last edited by Ralph Joseph on Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christmas Condemned by Christ
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:29 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:13 pm
Posts: 2290
Sorry, but I'm not going to waste my time listening to someone tell me something I can't get out of the Bible. I'm sure he'll say the same old things that we've all heard before, that we worship trees, etc. Another Brian Dellinger sewing machine type, I imagine. I'm just not big on audio sermons and video stuff to begin with.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=342&start=0

I have no problem if you don't want to observe Christmas. But don't tell us that we can't give glory to God on any day we want because you think satan owns the day.

BTW:
MERRY CHRISTMAS!


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christmas Condemned by Christ
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:38 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:13 pm
Posts: 2290
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=342&start=0
Jeff wrote:
You're right Biblebeliever, we should celebrate Christ all the time, just as we should always be thankful, and not just one day a year. However I see nothing wrong with specifically setting aside a time for remembrance either.

I was just wondering if we don't tend to look at things backwards. Some prior comments made me think of that guy who says church buildings are pagan, and columns and steeples represent pagan things, etc. etc. It's almost as if God, rather than being the One Who created all things for His pleasure, came after all these false gods and we have to be careful how we worship Him because we might be infringing on the copyrights of these false gods. That's pretty backwards!

I went to a candlelight service tonight, and while the pastor was talking about the Light of the World I was wondering if people might object and say that the sun god Sol had that title so we shouldn't use it. I'm sure there are all kinds of pagan practices that burn candles too, so maybe some would say Christians shouldn't ever touch candles.

Whether or not decorated trees ever represented something else or not, I don't know or really even care. If so, where do we draw the line? I can't have houseplants in a pretty pot because they may represent something else I don't even know about? (Actually if they don't represent something else to me, they simply don't represent something else. And if I want to use columns to hold up the overhang over my porch, I'll use columns rather than have the roof cave in.)

False gods are the counterfeits, not the other way around.

Ralph, you are welcome to give any thing new you have to add to what's been said here or on the other thread, or if Greg Price has really added something that no one else has thought of.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christmas Condemned by Christ
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:14 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:56 pm
Posts: 3303
MERRY CHRISTMAS Mr. Jeff!!!
I wonder if Ralph would be ashamed of us if we celebrated Christmas? :oops:

Quote:
What I have witnessed is a number of my brethren gleefully and mockingly pouncing upon a very deceived man, as if you were bullies on the playground, and I am ashamed of all of you.


Ya know Ralph -- some of these IFB's hate Christmas. I used to be part of the anti-christmas gang for a while myself. I played it all elite-like because I was so extra spiritual you know what I'm sayin?

But then I looked around me one day at the other people on my team. You know what I saw? I saw a bunch of anti-God secular humanists, anti-Christian activists, liberal nut-jobs, Atheists, blood-thirsty Muslims, and politically correct politicians, and they were all attacking Christmas.

That was kinda strange for me because I don't think I ever agreed with these peeps on anything! I didn't agree with them on abortion. I didn't agree with them on politics. But here I was joining them in their collective disgust for Christmas! :?

And suddenly it occurred to me -- these people all hated Christmas for one reason, because they all HATED anything to do with JESUS CHRIST. Sure, they all had other agendas, but that was pretty much it in a nutshell.

Guess what Ralph, they all had the same mantra -- GET RID OF CHRISTMAS! :roll:

We have a bunch of Atheists here in my state who hate Christmas so much they have put up a display this month specifically honoring SATAN. :roll:

Anyhow, you can hate Christmas if you want, it's a free country. And you can judge me with respect to this day if you want, be my guest.

But I'm not gonna kick Christmas any more, so you might as well get used to it. I may not believe Christmas is totally Christian or anything, BUT -- I'm tired of being in that group of haters I mentioned above.

Ralph are you getting this?

( I don't think Ralph likes me much, he sent me a PM a while back telling me he was putting me on "ignore." ) :?

Hey Ralph in case you can see this message, just for the record -- I like you just fine and I respect your decision to "shun" me. And I respect people's decision to hate Christmas. Just because you don't want to be an American anymore, and you're ashamed of all of us, and you think Christmas is evil, all that won't make us angry at you or anything.

And by the way, Merry Christmas to you sir!!! :D :mrgreen: :P

_________________
"It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favors." -- George Washington (Ref: A Collection, W.B. Allen, ed. 543)


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christmas Condemned by Christ
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:37 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:56 pm
Posts: 268
Location: Ia
Merry Christmas!
Jeff,Baptist 1611,Ralph,Bro Parrish,Pastor Steve and others on the forum.

Moved photo to a non-contentious thread........... :mrgreen:

_________________
1 Peter 1:25
But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.


Last edited by Biblebeliever on Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: .
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:27 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:02 pm
Posts: 285
.

_________________
Matthew 10:14


Last edited by Ralph Joseph on Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christmas Condemned by Christ
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:48 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:56 pm
Posts: 3303
Ralph Joseph wrote:
You are absolutely correct; I am ashamed of you. I just posted three links that give lengthy and well thought out reasons for my point of view and I asked that you simply listen to them before you gave your reasons for defending this heretical and evil holiday. What you did in return was to willfully ignore the information that I offered, made completely uninformed and unfounded assumptions about that information and then began to attack my character. Mr. Baptist1611 even thought it would be appropriate to share the subject of a private message I sent him; very classy.

Mr. Baptist went as far as to tell us all that he used to be anti-Christmas, but that the reason that he no longer holds that point of view is because the people with whom he disagrees also dislike Christmas. I suppose that if Baptist1611 was eating a hamburger and Obama came in and ordered a hamburger, then Baptist1611 would stick his fingers down his own throat and vomit up all of the hamburger he had eaten and vow never to eat hamburgers again.

Vomiting hamburgers -- hey now THAT's classy! :? :lol:

Ralph Joseph wrote:
The fact is that millions of Christians are simply too emotionally connected to Christmas and will twist or ignore scripture in any way necessary in order to justify their love for celebrating such an evil, pagan/papist holiday.

Well I guess this answers my question. It appears you have not only shamed us for Christmas, you have also set yourself up as judge and jury for millions of other Christians, too. Hey at least I'm not alone! :)

Ralph Joseph wrote:
Their love for man made tradition and merriment surpasses their love for God and no matter how sternly or lovingly it is brought to their attention, they will ridicule and mock anyone who dares tamper with their heretical folly.


I don't think anyone ridiculed or mocked you sir.
I just wished you a Merry Christmas and now you're freaking out. Actually I went out of my way to make it clear that I respect your preference to your own views even if that means you hate Christmas. Can't you respect my preference to not hate Christmas? Do we all have to hate Christmas? Are we not allowed to make comments on your topic of anti-Christmas unless we agree with your position?

_________________
"It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favors." -- George Washington (Ref: A Collection, W.B. Allen, ed. 543)


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christmas Condemned by Christ
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:14 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:13 pm
Posts: 2290
Ralph Joseph wrote:
You are absolutely correct; I am ashamed of you. I just posted three links that give lengthy and well thought out reasons for my point of view and I asked that you simply listen to them before you gave your reasons for defending this heretical and evil holiday.
Ralph, I really am sorry that you're offended. However, I don't have the time or patience to listen to every one who posts a sermon full of new revelation on the internet. I alluded to that fact and invited you to share anything new and relevent you thought he may have. I am willing to have a discussion with you, but I don't know Greg Price, though a quick look seems to show him to be a "Reformed" type Covenanter (sp?), whatever that is, I think in short it probably means "Calvinist" and more convoluted "reasonings", probably at least partly the reason for the lengthy three part audio sermon. Anyway, I really don't feel like having a "discussion" with an audio sermon. So what, in your view, is in error or left out of the discussions we've already had?

You know, Ralph, maybe I come across wrong on forums and seem childish and insulting, but I'd really like it if you could stick around and have some legitimate discussions. For now, I need to go to another Candlelight Service, which I believe has more to do honoring Christ than with mere "tradition and merriment", even as I recognize that Christ's birth probably wasn't even this time of year.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christmas Condemned by Christ
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:19 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:13 pm
Posts: 2290
Biblebeliever wrote:
Merry Christmas!
Jeff,Baptist 1611,Ralph,Bro Parrish,Pastor Steve and others on the forum.



Maybe this post should have it's own thread, it's too pretty to be buried in a contentious one. :D




(I just hope no one gets offended that the church has a steeple on it.)


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christmas Condemned by Christ
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:55 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:13 pm
Posts: 2290
Ralph Joseph wrote:
I suppose that if Baptist1611 was eating a hamburger and Obama came in and ordered a hamburger, then Baptist1611 would stick his fingers down his own throat and vomit up all of the hamburger he had eaten and vow never to eat hamburgers again.

Wouldn't the analogy work better to say that we shouldn't eat because pagans eat and use it in their traditions and merriment making? It seems your analogy works more against you than for you.

(It would be interesting to see how the Secret Service reacts.)

Ralph Joseph wrote:
The fact is that millions of Christians are simply too emotionally connected to Christmas and will twist or ignore scripture in any way necessary in order to justify their love for celebrating such an evil, pagan/papist holiday. Their love for man made tradition and merriment surpasses their love for God and no matter how sternly or lovingly it is brought to their attention, they will ridicule and mock anyone who dares tamper with their heretical folly.
Ralph, if you are willing to have a conversation with some real give and take, please show us what scripture we "will twist or ignore." If you're not willing to address our concerns and questions, then please don't make accusations and run away. Surely you can make a point or two for yourself and back them up scripturally without everyone having to listen to three audio sermons by someone else.

The title of this is "Christmas Condemned by Christ". Please give us a verse or so where Christ condemned Christmas that we twist or ignore.

You say we mock and ridicule you. But you condemn us, and then seem reluctant to address our concerns and questions when we defend ourselves.




Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicWrite comments Page 1 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron

9,375,206 Views


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
610nm Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net