Change font size

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 2 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Christmas Condemned by Christ
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:29 pm 

Quote:
[Luke 2:10] And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
Do any of the modern versions read "Celebrate not" rather than "Fear not"?

Just wondering.

(Hopefully my attempt at trying to make a point through humor won't be seen as mocking.)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: .
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:41 am 

Jeff wrote:
Ralph, you are welcome to give any thing new you have to add to what's been said here or on the other thread...
I am willing to have a discussion with you...
So what, in your view, is in error or left out of the discussions we've already had?
Jeff wrote:
...I'd really like it if you could stick around and have some legitimate discussions.
Jeff wrote:
Ralph, if you are willing to have a conversation with some real give and take, please show us what scripture we "will twist or ignore."

The title of this is "Christmas Condemned by Christ". Please give us a verse or so where Christ condemned Christmas that we twist or ignore.

...[you]seem reluctant to address our concerns and questions when we defend ourselves.

Ralph Joseph wrote:
I pleaded with Ralph to stay and tell us where we were wrong knowing he has a tendency to post and run, but it looks like he retrieved his pearls again, all 300 some of them. Isn't it a little childish to keep deleting all his posts, or was he that ashamed of them all? Or was I wrong for not giving in to his demand that we all listen to a lengthy series of three audio sermons by a Reformed Covenanter? If Christ condemned Christmas, would it really take three sermons to tell us?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:21 pm 

It is something that pops up every year on the internet with some that I am sure are sincere, but really bent on Christmas to a degree of legalism.
If you are convicted in your heart about Christmas, then don't "celebrate" it. That does not give you a license to go around proclaiming the "evils of Christmas".
You would think that this God hating world has pretty much cornered the market on the anti-Christmas theme.
Like Walmart and other major retailers a few years ago recommended their employees greet customers with "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas", and many other foolish things along the same line.

Personally, I think Christmas is a good point of year to sneak the Gospel in the retail/public/media by so much Gospel Christmas Songs you hear on the stores intercom and television programming. It kind of blesses my heart.
Not to mention that my wife and I have 5 adult children and 6 grandchildren. To see those grandkids ripping open presents and playing together is priceless!

But I'm not shoving Christmas down anyone's throat (to hard), so please don't call it idolatry to me. It's not.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:41 am 

A link for a blessed ways to celebrate Christmas!

http://ministry127.com/christian-living/7-priorities-for-a-blessed-december

MAtt 2:1 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,
Matt.2:2 Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.

Matt 2:3 When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him
No it was not Christ who condemned His birth, It's Herod!

Jude 1:25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:19 pm 

For me personally, I don't like Christmas for what it has become, but I love it for what is supposed to be...a celebration of the birth of my Savior Jesus Christ. I know it may not be the correct date, but really that's not the point. Luke chapter 2 clearly indicates to me a celebration. The gifts we buy/make are a token of the Gift of God. That's what they are to me. This is what Christmas is to me. I see no scriptural indication that we aren't supposed to celebrate His birth, for without His birth there is no shedding of that Precious Blood on the cross. As we all know without shedding of blood is no remission Heb 9:22. That's reason enough to celebrate Christmas for me...and the only reason.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:43 pm 

Jeff wrote:
Sorry, but I'm not going to waste my time listening to someone tell me something I can't get out of the Bible. I'm sure he'll say the same old things that we've all heard before, that we worship trees, etc. Another Brian Dellinger sewing machine type, I imagine. I'm just not big on audio sermons and video stuff to begin with.

http://www.kjvbibleforums.com/viewtopic ... 42&start=0

I have no problem if you don't want to observe Christmas. But don't tell us that we can't give glory to God on any day we want because you think satan owns the day.

BTW:
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I agree. Leave people alone about celebrating the birth of Christ. If they don't want to fine.

Romans 14:4-6
Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

4Who art thou that judgest another man’s servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
5One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
6He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:56 am 

Quote:
Ya know Ralph -- some of these IFB's hate Christmas. I used to be part of the anti-christmas gang for a while myself. I played it all elite-like because I was so extra spiritual you know what I'm sayin?

But then I looked around me one day at the other people on my team. You know what I saw? I saw a bunch of anti-God secular humanists, anti-Christian activists, liberal nut-jobs, Atheists, blood-thirsty Muslims, and politically correct politicians, and they were all attacking Christmas.

It is tricky where you might stand... On one side of the fence, infidels are anti-Christmas, and on the other, people who are pro-Christmas and might just like it for selfish inclinations (i.e. receiving).

For the past 2 years, I have been kind of anti-Christmas, and I suppose I may've "felt" funny about it. We cannot always go on our feelings though. I think Romans 14:4-6 should be our standard, not man's word. We can still "celebrate" Christmas, but we don't have to get involved with the tree, nutcrackers, and all other "Christmas" traditions. Keeping Christ in Christmas is what we should be doing.

"Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." – Ephesians 6:11

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:35 pm 

What do we gain by throwing out Christmas?

We lose the reminders of the tidings of great joy, of peace on earth, goodwill toward men. Reminders I think we need as much as ever. Yes, we can bring these things up any time of the year, but do we? Do we broadcast these things to the world, other than at Christmas where it is still more or less still acceptable?

Is it really a good testimony to the world when we tell them that Christmas really means nothing to us? What else would they think when we refuse to even acknowledge Christmas and act like it's an inherently evil thing?

If we stop celebrating Christmas because people celebrate it in a corrupt manner, should we also stop going to church because of all the corrupt churches? Should we stop reading our Bibles because of all the corrupt versions, or because a cult uses the KJV? I think just as we can read the correct Bible, go to a real church (even if not 100% perfect) , we can celebrate Christmas in a real and correct way.

I guess the big questions to me are if anything is gained by not celebrating Christmas other than some kind of self-satisfaction, and if something may be lost by not celebrating it.

I feel like celebrating Christmas now, it got below freezing again last night, feels like Christmas in July to me!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:31 pm 

You may be right. We don't have to get caught up in the lie of Satan Claus to our children though, and we don't have to get involved in consumerism, or decorations either. We should keep Christ in Christmas.

"Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." – Ephesians 6:11

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 2 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2