King James Bible Forums | KJV Only Forums | KJV Baptist Forum | Independent Fundamental Baptist Forum | 1611 KJV Forum
http://kjvbibleforums.com/

Jehovah's Witnesses
http://kjvbibleforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2348
Page 5 of 6

Author:  Bro. Chuck [ Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Jehovah's Witnesses

Baptist1611 wrote:
Okay assuming you are serious -- so if a JW asks you the time of day, you just ignore them is that what you're saying? Do you tell them why you're ignoring them?

I'm not quoting your entire post, but I get a strong impression that you are belittling me.
You TOLD me in a PM a while back to expect this from you.
God Bless you anyway, my Christian brother.

Author:  Bro. Chuck [ Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Jehovah's Witnesses

Baptist1611 wrote:
Bro. Chuck wrote:
Baptist 1611,
Cast not your pearls before swine.


Okay in your mind WHO are these swine -- how far do you take that -- like do you never witness to Catholics? I have head people say they are in a cult, do you consider them to be swine who are unworthy of a witness also?


I've made it clear enough how far I take this.

Author:  Baptist1611 [ Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Jehovah's Witnesses

Bro. Chuck wrote:
I'm not quoting your entire post, but I get a strong impression that you are belittling me.

No sir -- I'm asking you a question about your policy on the JW's.

Bro. Chuck wrote:
I've made it clear enough how far I take this.

Yes sir -- you said you refuse to give them the time of day and you consider them to be swine. I get a strong impression that you may be belittling the JW's. :)

Look, I'm just asking you -- how do you DEFINE the SWINE? If we are going to create a list of people we never witness to, don't you think this is important? Do you witness to Catholics or Muslims or Bhuddists or do consider all of those to be swine? It's a fair question, don't you think?

Author:  Bro. Chuck [ Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Jehovah's Witnesses

Here is another passage of scripture from the Word of God found in 2nd Timothy 2 that pertains to these heretics:

[16] But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
[17] And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;
[18] Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.
[19] Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Author:  Bro. Chuck [ Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Jehovah's Witnesses

Baptist1611 wrote:
Bro. Chuck wrote:
I'm not quoting your entire post, but I get a strong impression that you are belittling me.

No sir -- I'm asking you a question about your policy on the JW's.

Bro. Chuck wrote:
I've made it clear enough how far I take this.

Yes sir -- you said you refuse to give them the time of day and you consider them to be swine. I get a strong impression that you may be belittling the JW's. :)

Look, I'm just asking you -- how do you DEFINE the SWINE? If we are going to create a list of people we never witness to, don't you think this is important? Do you witness to Catholics or Muslims or Bhuddists or do consider all of those to be swine? It's a fair question, don't you think?

They are spiritual criminals and enemies of the cross, and if you choose to say I am belittling them and wish to defend them that is your choice, but I'm not debating this with you any further.
This is the path the Lord has shown me with these deceivers and I am following it.

I'm also not required to debate with or answer every question.

Author:  Baptist1611 [ Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Jehovah's Witnesses

Look -- I don't think anyone here was suggesting that we should seek fellowship with cult followers. But if I understand you correctly, you are suggesting we should never WITNESS to certain people, right?

You're using 2nd Timothy 2 and applying the words "shun" and "swine." And I'm just trying to understand how far you take that -- do you look out on the world and SHUN Catholics or Muslims or Bhuddists because you consider all of those to be swine? Or do you only shun the JW's?

Like should we shun Mormons and Muslims and Charismatics and never witness to them because they harbor false doctrine? There are pentecostals who teach you have to speak in tongues to be saved, do we shun them? How far you take it -- should we shun the Campbelites and Calvinists and never give them the time of day? There are all types of religious doctrines out there. What about the Atheists who want to ban our Bible, they are always printing profane and vain babblings -- so should we shun them and teach others to shun them also?

Author:  Jeff [ Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Jehovah's Witnesses

Bro. Parrish wrote:
...
and I have seen the 'trainee' come under conviction by the Holy Spirit and begin to nod their head and agree with me.
...
There is such a thing as ex-JWs, isn't there? I know of ex-Mormons who are now saved.

In Bro. Parrish's case, I can see how someone may be taken in by the JWs while searching for "meaning in life", and still be open to, and hungry for, the Truth. Can we write them off as hopeless? Might we be guilty if we fail to warn them?

Maybe it takes some wisdom and discernment to know when you're casting pearls before swine and when you're casting bread upon the waters. I suspect it generally won't take too long before it becomes evident.

Author:  Bro. Chuck [ Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Jehovah's Witnesses

Jeff wrote:
Maybe it takes some wisdom and discernment to know when you're casting pearls before swine and when you're casting bread upon the waters. I suspect it generally won't take too long before it becomes evident.

You are correct on that Jeff.

Author:  Bro. Chuck [ Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Jehovah's Witnesses

Baptist1611 wrote:
Look -- I don't think anyone here was suggesting that we should seek fellowship with cult followers. But if I understand you correctly, you are suggesting we should never WITNESS to certain people, right?

You're using 2nd Timothy 2 and applying the words "shun" and "swine." And I'm just trying to understand how far you take that -- do you look out on the world and SHUN Catholics or Muslims or Bhuddists because you consider all of those to be swine? Or do you only shun the JW's?

Like should we shun Mormons and Muslims and Charismatics and never witness to them because they harbor false doctrine? There are pentecostals who teach you have to speak in tongues to be saved, do we shun them? How far you take it -- should we shun the Campbelites and Calvinists and never give them the time of day? There are all types of religious doctrines out there. What about the Atheists who want to ban our Bible, they are always printing profane and vain babblings -- so should we shun them and teach others to shun them also?

You have a nice magnifying glass there baptist1611.
Mark 12:13 comes to my mind: "And they send unto him certain of the Pharisees and of the Herodians, to catch him in his words."
or here:
King James Bible Luke 11 wrote:
[52] Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.
[53] And as he said these things unto them, the scribes and the Pharisees began to urge him vehemently, and to provoke him to speak of many things:
[54] Laying wait for him, and seeking to catch something out of his mouth, that they might accuse him.

For the most part, all I can say is tell them the truth about Jesus and the encountering with them will be over.
These encounters we have been discussing have been about them coming to YOUR house and not vice-versa.

Witness to the Jehovah Witness'. Tell them about Christ. Warn them of eternal judgement and everlasting hellfire. Tell them that the Word was made flesh and that Christ is the Creator, not a created.

But it has been my experience that is about as far as you will get.
And by all means, don't ENCOURAGE them to keep doing what they are doing. Don't pat them on the back and tell them to go visit your neighbors as well.

Author:  tallagator [ Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Jehovah's Witnesses

I want to relate a story to you from a late minister I knew.
This man traveled many miles from home home every Sunday, to pastor a church without one.
After a drive of about 90 minutes he arrived at his house, his wife began fixing their lunch and as he relaxed he heard a knock on his front door. He said can I help you. " Yes, were from the local Kingdom hall" Oh, Jehovah's witness, Can we come in? Yes, come in, "We're on a mission to seek the lost and invite you to our Church."
The pastor didn't reveal himself, " Can we study with you" "Why, yes, you can. "But, here's the rules (1) use my bible only not yours. (2) We go to God in prayer first. Uhhh, OK, He prayed for several minutes and during that time he could hear the squeaky hinges on the door open and close. He ended his prayer and saw not one of them still there.
He said it was a let down, he intended to teach the word of God to them all. KJV wins every time.

Page 5 of 6 All times are UTC - 5 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/