Change font size

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 4 of 6   [ 51 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jehovah's Witnesses
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:47 am 

Mongol Servant wrote:
I'm not sure if the devil's witnesses have changed Acts 20:28 in their perversion or not, but that is the scripture that has been the most productive in my experience over the years. Speak only to the "trainee" at the door; the "trainer" isn't interested in the least, but you can pray that the Holy Spirit will convict his heart about deceiving and being deceived.

On the morons, at the door, I allow them to mention who/what they're doing, then ask for their full name. They'll have a name tag that says "Elder so&so," and I ask for both their full names. Speak in a normal tone of voice and have the pen and paper ready to write down their names. Again, speak only to the younger "trainee". When they ask why you want their full name, let them know that you want to add them to your prayer list, so that you can pray for them. Let them know that they are violating Revelation 22:18 with their book of the moron and if they don't repent of their sin and receive The Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour, they'll end up in the lake of fire.

Don't allow them to drag you off into anything else for discussion. Tell the younger "trainee" that he is being duped by Satan in believing that The Lord Jesus and Satan were "brothers." Get a copy of Chick Pubs booklet entitled "The Deceiver" and give it to the younger, telling him to come back after he's read it and you'll discuss it with him and show him how to trust Christ for full assurance of salvation. The Deceiver, covers the life of Joe Smith in detail.

That's as far as I let them go.

Thank you. :D

Acts 16:31, "Believe on the lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved, and thy house"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:51 am 

Mongol Servant wrote:
... Again, speak only to the younger "trainee".

I remember when they brought children with them; I don't see that anymore.

1Peter 1:18,19
redeemed ... with the precious blood of Christ

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:55 pm 

Bob S. wrote:
Just had some come to my door. We had a discussion over which Bible is the "best." They had a brand new translation that I haven't seen before, I forget what it was, and told me how it was the best, bar none. "It's easy to read." When I told them that I read the KJV, they wrinkled up their noses and said "I guess any Bible is better than none." When I told them that The KJB is the ONLY inerrant, inspired and preserved word of God, they didn't seem to care for it at all. "But the KJB uses archaic language and you have to keep looking up words and their meanings to understand it." My reply to that, was that Gods Word is worth taking a little trouble to understand, if that's what it takes. They didn't care for that either, and when I told them that I've actually come to prefer the old English, I don't think they believed me. They always want to leave their lies in the form of booklets, hoping you'll read them and be deceived. They need to throw that stuff away, get a KJB and take the time to read and understand it. I'm sure they'll be back and I'll be armed with my KJB and have more KJV Gospel Tracts to offer them.

Bob

Hello Bob,

They are attempting to 'endure to the end' and have no assurance of salvation. I have witnessed to them many times; however I never let them in my home or tell them to have a good day or encourage them in their works. You must be prepared to take command of the conversation from beginning to end. If you give them the truth of the King James Bible, it will not return void. They may not show it, but the Holy Spirit will use that sword and it will pierce and divide and lay them open right to their heart (Heb 4:12).

When I really get started on a JW they will always pack up their magazines and bags and head for the street because they have no answers; and I have seen the 'trainee' come under conviction by the Holy Spirit and begin to nod their head and agree with me. At that point, the senior member will always bundle them up and head for the street; and I am there saying "wait, let me show you one more verse." When I witness to a cult member, I have a place that I start and a predetermined place where I stop. But they usually flee from the truth before I am finished. In my experience the JW's are no match for a prepared IFB with a KJV. Here is a video you may enjoy…

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:17 pm 

Brother Parrish that's a great video, thank you. I've been trying to learn all I can about JWs' and their beliefs, so when they come back to try to spread their lies again I'm more informed, and as always, you've been a big help.

I'm really beginning to wonder if Satan has deceived these people into doing his work, or if they're Satanists working under the guise of religion. I can't really explain it, but when I talk to a JW there seems to be more going on there than when I talk to people of other faiths, regardless of how strong their convictions are. Maybe It's just me.

Thanks again brother.

Bob

Acts 16:31, "Believe on the lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved, and thy house"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:13 am 

Bob, I'm convinced they are well aware of what they are doing.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:16 pm 

Bob S. wrote:
I'm really beginning to wonder if Satan has deceived these people into doing his work, or if they're Satanists working under the guise of religion.

Not 'Satanists' in the strict sense of the word, just deeply confused by the power of Satan. I know people who are mixed up in this; like the mormons they are most often very pleasant, highly intelligent and polite people. They take their efforts to please God very seriously, probably more so than most Christians, sad to say.

Unfortunately their doctrine is very dangerous poison. When you have had it drilled into your head that 'Jesus is Michael the Archangel,' you are clearly in a deep fog of confusion. They simply don't know the Jesus of the Bible. Much of this confusion is created from their horrible New World Translation; see comparison here:

http://av1611.com/kjbp/charts/various.html

Again, by going out into the community they are attempting to 'endure to the end' and they see what they are doing as a good work. Satan has indeed deceived them (just as you said) into promoting a false Jesus; in fact Satan has blinded them, but they can certainly be saved…

"But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them." - 1 Corinthians 4:3-4

"To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me." - Acts 26:18

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:52 pm 

Again, I think these folks are not only willingly ignorant, but even are going door to door with a purpose and intent to deceive as many as they can, unlike just "regular" unsaved people, and I don't think it behooves us to entertain their itinerary or even give them the time of day. Teaching or encouraging other Christians to do so could possibly even be out of God's will.

All these following verses apply to people just like the JW's:

King James Bible wrote:
"Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time." 1st John 2:18

"Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also." 1st John 2:22-23

"For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist." 2nd John v. 7

"If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds." 2nd John v. 10-11

"And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world." 1 John 4:3

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:39 pm 

Bro. Chuck wrote:
Again, I think these folks are not only willingly ignorant, but even are going door to door with a purpose and intent to deceive as many as they can, unlike just "regular" unsaved people

We are Baptists -- we witness to everyone :mrgreen: ( to every creature per the KJB! )

So you think that JW's are going around with the purpose of maliciously deceiving people, is that right? Like before they go out, you think the JW's huddle together and talk about deceiving people?

Bro. Chuck wrote:
I don't think it behooves us to entertain their itinerary or even give them the time of day.

Okay assuming you are serious -- so if a JW asks you the time of day, you just ignore them is that what you're saying? Do you tell them why you're ignoring them?

Bro. Chuck wrote:
Teaching or encouraging other Christians to do so could possibly even be out of God's will.

Do you think that teaching or encouraging other Christians NOT to witness to "certain people" could possibly be out of God's will? :?
I agree with not letting them inside but I mean, how far do you take that -- like do you never witness to Catholics? I have head people say they are in a cult, do you consider them to be unworthy of a witness also?

"It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favors." -- George Washington (Ref: A Collection, W.B. Allen, ed. 543)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:58 pm 

Baptist 1611,
Cast not your pearls before swine.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:01 pm 

Bro. Chuck wrote:
Baptist 1611,
Cast not your pearls before swine.

Okay in your mind WHO are these swine -- how far do you take that -- like do you never witness to Catholics? I have heard people say they are in a cult, do you consider them to be swine who are unworthy of a witness also? What is the litmus test for a swine these days?

"It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favors." -- George Washington (Ref: A Collection, W.B. Allen, ed. 543)

Last edited by Baptist1611 on Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 4 of 6   [ 51 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next