Change font size

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 1 of 6   [ 51 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Jehovah's Witnesses
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:04 am 

Just had some come to my door. We had a discussion over which Bible is the "best." They had a brand new translation that I haven't seen before, I forget what it was, and told me how it was the best, bar none. "It's easy to read." When I told them that I read the KJV, they wrinkled up their noses and said "I guess any Bible is better than none." When I told them that The KJB is the ONLY inerrant, inspired and preserved word of God, they didn't seem to care for it at all. "But the KJB uses archaic language and you have to keep looking up words and their meanings to understand it." My reply to that, was that Gods Word is worth taking a little trouble to understand, if that's what it takes. They didn't care for that either, and when I told them that I've actually come to prefer the old English, I don't think they believed me. They always want to leave their lies in the form of booklets, hoping you'll read them and be deceived. They need to throw that stuff away, get a KJB and take the time to read and understand it. I'm sure they'll be back and I'll be armed with my KJB and have more KJV Gospel Tracts to offer them. :D

Bob

Acts 16:31, "Believe on the lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved, and thy house"

Post subject: Re: Jehovah's Witnesses
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:29 am 

Bob S. wrote:
... They had a brand new translation that I haven't seen before, I forget what it was, and told me how it was the best, bar none.

Ask them to show you John 1:1; The JW's New World Translation has:
... and the Word was a god.

1Peter 1:18,19
redeemed ... with the precious blood of Christ

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:14 pm 

PeanutGallery wrote:
Bob S. wrote:
... They had a brand new translation that I haven't seen before, I forget what it was, and told me how it was the best, bar none.

That's right, they don't believe Jesus is God or in the Trinity so they've created a Bible that agrees with their beliefs instead of changing their beliefs to agree with the Bible. I don't know that that's much different than the tampering those who've created all these modern versions have done. Something they don't understand or doesn't seem to fit...why...just change it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:07 pm 

I've always used 2nd John verses 10 & 11 as my guide for NOT dealing with Jehovah Witness' and Mormons:
"10) If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: 11) For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds." 2nd John
What can you say to someone who is not only antichrist, but is even on a mission to try and proselytize unwitting souls?
I've seen some almost enjoy conversing with JH's because they themselves knew they were right and the jh's were wrong. I feel that if there is a chance you can convert them it is very unlikely. If any are reachable, it would more likely be those who are JH's by birth or something like that. If they are to the point of beating a trail spreading poison, then they are already denying the Spirit of God.
One thing is for sure, they sure don't get a "God bless you" from me. I equate that to bidding them God speed.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:47 pm 

Bro. Chuck wrote:
I've always used 2nd John verses 10 & 11 as my guide for NOT dealing with Jehovah Witness' and Mormons:
"10) If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: 11) For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds." 2nd John
What can you say to someone who is not only antichrist, but is even on a mission to try and proselytize unwitting souls?
I've seen some almost enjoy conversing with JH's because they themselves knew they were right and the jh's were wrong. I feel that if there is a chance you can convert them it is very unlikely. If any are reachable, it would more likely be those who are JH's by birth or something like that. If they are to the point of beating a trail spreading poison, then they are already denying the Spirit of God.
One thing is for sure, they sure don't get a "God bless you" from me. I equate that to bidding them God speed.

I kind of feel like you do. They're not bringing the truth so I really don't want to deal with them. If they come my husband talks to them but it's really not about doctrine....he doesn't hardly read the Bible. And he used to go to a JW church a long time ago. If they come to the door and it's just me, I'll most likely tell them that I have a church and I don't agree with JW doctrine therefore I won't be joining the Watchtower Society.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:36 am 

KJB believer wrote:
I kind of feel like you do. They're not bringing the truth so I really don't want to deal with them. If they come my husband talks to them but it's really not about doctrine....he doesn't hardly read the Bible. And he used to go to a JW church a long time ago. If they come to the door and it's just me, I'll most likely tell them that I have a church and I don't agree with JW doctrine therefore I won't be joining the Watchtower Society.

I don't think you could have said that better!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:07 am 

Thanks for your responses everybody I appreciate it.

PeanutGallery wrote:
Bob S. wrote:

I'll do that PeanutGallery. I think the next time they come, and they will, I'm going to take brother Chucks advise and quote them some scripture too. Thanks Brother.

The thing that really gets me with these people, is where do they come up with the things they preach? None of what they believe is in any translation of the Bible. At least not that I'm aware of. I've looked their beliefs up online and they're not even close the the TRUTH of the KJB. Where do they come up with this stuff? It amazes me.

Bob

Acts 16:31, "Believe on the lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved, and thy house"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:34 pm 

Bob S. wrote:
... I've looked their beliefs up online and they're not even close the the TRUTH of the KJB. Where do they come up with this stuff? It amazes me.

JW's have their Watchtower
Mormon's have their Book of Mormon
RCC's have their uninspired unwritten Tradition

Which hold any Bible translation in so far as it is in agreement with their system of beliefs.

1Peter 1:18,19
redeemed ... with the precious blood of Christ

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:52 pm 

Bob S. wrote:
When I told them that I read the KJV, they wrinkled up their noses and said "I guess any Bible is better than none."
Here's an idea. Get their address and we'll send them thousands of KJV's. That'll fix 'em! :lol:

(Thanks to Mike Huckabee for the idea. :D )

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:47 pm 

Bob S. wrote:
I'll do that PeanutGallery. I think the next time they come, and they will, I'm going to take brother Chucks advise and quote them some scripture too. Thanks Brother.

The thing that really gets me with these people, is where do they come up with the things they preach? None of what they believe is in any translation of the Bible. At least not that I'm aware of. I've looked their beliefs up online and they're not even close the the TRUTH of the KJB. Where do they come up with this stuff? It amazes me.

Bob

Bob, they don't believe in the trinity or the deity of Christ. That is a damnable heresy. They also don't believe in Hell being an eternal place of judgments as made very clear in the scriptures.
I honestly don't believe they are concerned about what the Bible says even a little.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 1 of 6   [ 51 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next