Change font size

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 2 of 2   [ 15 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: When your church forsakes soul-winning
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:10 pm 

By the way, Brother Stafford, does your hearing sensitivity still limit the churches you can attend, or are IFBs generally safe because of their more traditional music, sound systems, and more orderly services?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:53 pm 

Jeff wrote:
By the way, Brother Stafford, does your hearing sensitivity still limit the churches you can attend, or are IFBs generally safe because of their more traditional music, sound systems, and more orderly services?
Hy hearing issues still make it difficult, but the smaller churches seem to be easier to handle. I figure that I'm just going to have to endure a bit of pain, but it pales in comparison to the pain He endured for us, so I don't think I will complain. Besides, the longer I endure it, the easier it gets.

(1 Timothy 1:15)

“Saying that you like me, but that you do not like my religion, is like saying that you enjoy eating peaches, but that you do not care for their flavor.”

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:12 pm 

Well, keep up the prayers. There is another Baptist church near me that I wrote off as dead or dying. It had been without a pastor for a long time, and the guy filling in when I visited used the NKJV. I just heard yesterday they were calling a new pastor, and the prospective pastor told them he would only use the KJV, and that the congregation seemed "relieved" when he said that. He's supposed to start next week. I'm already acquainted with the new pastor, though I didn't know how solid he is on the version issue. Don't know how big he is on soul winning either. It's encouraging news anyway. Prayer works.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:21 pm 

Still no church in a reasonable driving distance, Brother Stafford?

It looks like I'll at least be wintering here. It's exciting to see what's happening in the local church near here, though I still have a couple of reservations, and I grew kind of attached to the church and the new plant I visited regularly this summer.

Even miss the beautiful drive somewhat. Oh well, I can always watch part of what I'm missing on the nearly 120 mile trip to one church, and maybe I'll just visit again before too long. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgmSapgzNQc

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:16 am 

Jeff wrote:
Still no church in a reasonable driving distance, Brother Stafford?
There are two that look promising. I am planning on visiting them this week.

(1 Timothy 1:15)

“Saying that you like me, but that you do not like my religion, is like saying that you enjoy eating peaches, but that you do not care for their flavor.”

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 2 of 2   [ 15 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2