Change font size

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 1 of 2   [ 13 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Time to take a Stand
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:51 am 

"America has changed and it's not coming back unless the Church takes a stand," Graham insisted. "Now I'm not talking about Baptists or Republicans or Tea Party … I have no confidence that any of these politicians or any party is going to turn this country around."

http://www.onenewsnow.com/culture/2015/ ... NMuW3amSP4

"If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. The loss of liberty at home is to be charged to the provisions against danger, real or imagined, from abroad.”
JAMES MADISON

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Time to take a Stand
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:16 am 

Mongol Servant wrote:
"America has changed and it's not coming back unless the Church takes a stand," Graham insisted. "Now I'm not talking about Baptists or Republicans or Tea Party … I have no confidence that any of these politicians or any party is going to turn this country around."

Baptists are politicians and/or a political party and not part of the Church?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:49 am 

Jeff wrote:
Mongol Servant wrote:

Baptists are politicians and/or a political party and not part of the Church?

Maybe he is referring to Jerry Falwell and Mike huckabee,who are more politician than preacher. :mrgreen:

Franklin is a little late on this countries judgement,he evidently doesn't see what this country voted in office to serve as president.

1 Peter 1:25
But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:27 pm 

Biblebeliever wrote:
Maybe he is referring to Jerry Falwell and Mike huckabee,who are more politician than preacher. :mrgreen:
:) Yeah, I was also thinking of people like Ralph Joseph who resent the fact that too many Baptists are too involved in politics. I guess the problem is how do we "take a stand" as part of the Church and avoid politics altogether? Of course, I understand taking a stand for Christ and for the Bible would be a big start.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:07 pm 

Jeff wrote:
:) Yeah, I was also thinking of people like Ralph Joseph who resent the fact that too many Baptists are too involved in politics. I guess the problem is how do we "take a stand" as part of the Church and avoid politics altogether? Of course, I understand taking a stand for Christ and for the Bible would be a big start.

I don't know what Ralph had to say about Baptists and politics,he left during Christmas and took all of his toys with him. :?

We take a stand for Christ,then Obama comes along and kills it with the crusades,as though it was the same as what the terrorists are doing. Bye the way,when the world thinks Christian,they are thinking Catholic,the catholics were persecuting our Baptist brethren.

Trail of Blood,by JM Carroll, Quote by Sir Isaac Newton:
The Baptists are the only body of known Christians that have never symbolized with Rome.

I heard today on Fox news " the five",Eric Bolling called himself a christian catholic. :?

But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:25 pm 

Fox News is full of "Christian Catholics." O'Reily and Hannity are two that come to mind, and I think I may have heard others. Even Bob Beckel, the resident liberal on "The Five", claims some flavor of christianity. Glenn Beck is a "Christian Mormon", though I don't think he's on Fox any more.

If Ralph reads this he may be back to tell me once again that I'm twisting his words. Mentioning politics alternately makes him leave, then brings him back, then makes him leave again.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:51 pm 

"Secularism and communism are the same thing.
They're godless. They're antichrist."

Well he's right about that. I hope and pray that Franklin Graham can be used of God to speak to America. He was the only one I heard publicly objecting to the Muslim call being blasted every Friday from the chapel at Duke University a few weeks ago. I'm sure there were others, but he is the only one I heard about, so maybe God will use him if he stands in the gap. This nation still needs another Falwell-type in my opinion—that is to say someone who can at least 'represent' on camera and stare the culture in the eye in the public square without blinking and without becoming an embarrasment. Will God grant power from the Holy Spirit to ministries such as these, who have long ago lost their stand on the KJV, who use their funds to promote corruptions of His preserved Bible? That concerns me. I don't know, but I know that America is in a horrible way and in desperate need of spiritual leadership more than I can remember at any point in my lifetime.

I agree with the title of this thread; God's people need to take a stand. I need to take a better stand myself. And we need a KJB-based ambassador for Christ to take a stand in the political and cultural arena.

"And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none." - Ezekiel 22:30

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." - 2 Chronicals 2:14

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:40 pm 

Amen, Brother!

As godless policies and laws continue to work their way into American society — from God being ousted from the public schools in 1963, to Roe v. Wade ushering in legalized abortion in 1973, to the floodgate of same-sex "marriage" opening in 2004, to the normalization of homosexual behavior in the military in 2011 — Graham warns that America will be judged for its disobedience and repudiation of God's Word.

The Church has lost its light and its love. Christ is doing what He said He would do to those who lose their love: He is removing the candlestick.

The American Church has focused on being “successful” instead of being righteous; it has capitulated to the lordship of the state; it fears the IRS more than it fears God; it has stopped preaching the “hard” messages of the Bible; it is popularity-driven, entertainment-driven, and comfort-driven; it has abandoned the fundamental principles of Natural Law and liberty; it has replaced genuine patriotism with statism; and it has used Romans 13 as justification for idolatry.

A quote from Charles Caleb Colton (1820) is in order here: “Men will wrangle for religion; write for it; fight for it; die for it; anything but--live for it.”

http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/Article ... blems.aspx

"If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. The loss of liberty at home is to be charged to the provisions against danger, real or imagined, from abroad.”
JAMES MADISON

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:32 am 

I disagree. I do not think America will be judged. I believe we are already under God's judgement.

Hostility and marginalization towards Christians
Prayer in school (or lack of it) or any public forum
The Bible (God's word) being labeled hate speech
Abortion
Homosexuality
Attitudes toward Israel
Elevation of non-Christian (Muslim) religions in this country
Obama for president and his agenda

I think we have long passed the limit of God's patience.

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6 KJB)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:48 am 

I believe Gods judgement is not already here,but has been here for awhile.

Today's televangelists haven't quite caught up to that idea.
There is little reverence for Christ anymore,slim in today's churches and none in society.
A good example would be Gods own word.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 1 of 2   [ 13 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next