Change font size

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Lying, conviction of sin
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:03 pm 

Matthew 10:14

Last edited by Ralph Joseph on Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Sinning requirements?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:17 pm 

The only thing that is "required" is for God's Word to declare it.
How bout this --->

ROM 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus

ROM 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned

"It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favors." -- George Washington (Ref: A Collection, W.B. Allen, ed. 543)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:02 pm 

Lying every now and then is okay? Really?

"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." Rev 21:8
Idolators and whoremongers is not very good either.

"Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful." Romans 7:13

"Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust." 2nd Peter 1:4

I'd say God's word is very clear that a Christian would not be saying a little lying or stealing now and then is okay.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:54 pm 

I also use Revelation 21:8. When someone is trying to weasel their way out of how bad their "little sins" really are, I lay Rev. 21:8 on them, and just start going through the list. I hit the big ones - idolatry, whoremonger, murderers, sorcerers, and get them to acknowledge that these are "big ticket items" and mass murderers like Hitler and Stalin are evil people who deserve hell. They will generally agree. But then I show them "ALL LIARS" - and ask them if they have ever told a lie. Then I ask them if they have told several lies, and then from there, I ask them if they probably tell a few lies every year - even if they are "innocent little white lies."
Since this is a regular, habitual practice carried on over many YEARS, then YES, they qualify as LIARS.

God puts the sin of lying on an equal plane as the other sins listed in the verse.

Then the real "kicker" is the second one - "the unbelieving." The reality is that they won't go to Hell for lying, they will go to Hell for NOT BELIEVING ON JESUS CHRIST. God will forgive them for lying if they come to Christ. But if they don't come to Christ, they will burn for every single sin they have ever committed in word, THOUGHT or deed.

Psalm 119:45 And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]