Change font size

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Accepting Donations
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:18 pm 

Please help me with this.

Would it be wrong to accept a donation from someone that you've given a Bible, or Bible Tract? I wouldn't even consider, not for a moment, taking money for either. But what about the person that says, what you're doing is wonderful, here, this will help you buy another Bible for someone and tries to hand you money. Or someone that sees what you're doing and offers a donation?

I haven't taken a penny from anyone, but would it be wrong under these circumstances if I did and used 100% of it to buy a Bible, or to put it toward the cost of one and then to give it to someone?

Bob

Acts 16:31, "Believe on the lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved, and thy house"

Post subject: Re: Accepting Donations
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:52 pm 

Maybe the Lord is providing the means by which you may give provide more Bibles; remember, God uses members of his body to provide for each other.

1Peter 1:18,19
redeemed ... with the precious blood of Christ

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:09 am 

Thank you, I've been torn over this. I see it in the same way, that God is providing more Bibles to help spread His Word. I wanted the opinions of others here to make sure that I'm seeing things in the right light and not just the way I want to see them. Thanks again for your input, I appreciate it.

Bob

Acts 16:31, "Believe on the lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved, and thy house"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:12 pm 

Bob S. wrote:

Would it be wrong to accept a donation from someone that you've given a Bible, or Bible Tract? I wouldn't even consider, not for a moment, taking money for either. But what about the person that says, what you're doing is wonderful, here, this will help you buy another Bible for someone and tries to hand you money. Or someone that sees what you're doing and offers a donation?

I haven't taken a penny from anyone, but would it be wrong under these circumstances if I did and used 100% of it to buy a Bible, or to put it toward the cost of one and then to give it to someone?

Bob

Bob, I believe what you are doing is sincere and from the heart. I thank God you are someone that is promoting the REAL Word as opposed to the counterfeit message/"bibles" that are being promoted.
With that truth in mind, YOU need to realize that you are on a mission for Christ, being led by God and following the commandment to "Go ye therefore"!

Bro. Chuck wrote:
Matthew 28:16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them. 17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted. 18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:53 am 

Bob S. wrote:

Bob

Hello Bob,
Never had anyone offer me a donation for giving out Bible tracts. If it becomes a serious ministry where you are spending a pile of money every month on materials, then I could see where this might come up. I don't anything 'wrong' with others giving for you to get more materials; their gifts would allow them to take part in the blessing of the publishing of the Gospel.

Of course, if they want to spread the Word, they could easily cut out the 'middle men' (you or me) and give out the Gospel themselves. Your local IFB church will probably provide you with tracts for free; our church always provides tracts with the church stamp on the back; this way you are giving them the Gospel and also inviting them to church. But I always like having a selection of Chick tracts and other 'specialty tracts' too; to reach mormons, muslims, etc. It's great you are giving out the Gospel, brother...

"The Lord gave the word:
great was the company of those that published it." - Ps 68:11

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:13 am 

Bro. Parrish wrote:

"The Lord gave the word:
great was the company of those that published it." - Ps 68:11

Great scripture for this thread!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:25 am 

Brother Chuck, Brother Parrish, thank you both for your input and the Scripture. Your responses as well as PeanutGallery's have made my day. This will allow me to have additional Bibles to pass along to others, but I felt that I should ask about it here, before accepting anything.

My walk with the Lord is truly becoming a journey. He put it into my heart one day to read His Word and I've since turned my life over to Him. I've prayed to The Lord that He shape me and use me for His will and now He's put it into my heart to help spread His Word. This has been such a blessing, I can't wait to see what else He has in store for me. :D

Bob

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:47 am 

One provides, one sows, and another reaps; it is scriptural.

1Peter 1:18,19
redeemed ... with the precious blood of Christ

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]