Change font size

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Responding To Unbelievers
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:07 am 

I'm surrounded by unbelievers and I'm not sure a lot of the time how to respond to them. I read from my Bible every day, but don't know Gods word well enough yet to be able to quote much scripture, though I pray every day that I'm able to fully understand Gods word and be changed by it.

There are a couple people that have told me flat out, that they "don't believe in that junk" and it really bothers me to even hear somebody say that.

I don't understand how anybody can stop and look at things like the awe inspiring beauty of Gods world, the nighttime sky, or the daytime sky for that matter and so much more, and still think this is all a big, happy accident.

There have been a couple times in my life that I should have died and I thank God for watching over and sparing me. To them, I got lucky.

There are those that when they are scared, or put in harms way, that will earnestly pray to God for help and after He delivers them from their troubles, they seem to forget shortly afterwards that it ever happened.

Some say that they don't believe in what the Bible tells us. Almost without fail, they haven't read it. My response to that, is to ask how they can say they don't believe in something that they have no understanding of, and that they should read it with an open mind and an open heart.

God loves us and He's reaching out to us with open arms, how do we help others to see and understand this beautiful, wonderful thing?

Bob

Acts 16:31, "Believe on the lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved, and thy house"

Post subject: Re: Responding To Unbelievers
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:39 am 

Hello Bob,

There is an old saying;
God never requires our ability, only our availability.

Just joining a good Independent Fundamental Baptist Church and making yourself available for weekly visitation would be a great start. This usually happens on a Wednesday evening before church, when the pastor sends out teams to visit the community, including anyone who may have visited the church the previous Sunday. Ask them to team you up with an experienced soul winner for a while, so you can observe and learn. You should also be enrolled in a Bible doctrines class for new believers; as we talked about previously, this will help you, and the Holy Spirit will teach you along the way (John 16:13). Don't be afraid to write notes and cross references in your Bible; it is a tool with a purpose.

Get some Gospel tracts and leave them behind wherever you go. I assure you, millions have been saved by reading the Gospel and believing it, simply because someone took time to sow the seed of God's word with a printed tract that only cost a few cents.

Just telling people about the peace and joy God has given you will go a long way. In time you may become more bold and confident in your approach, but God will use you right now if you are available. There are many people in the Bible who had various weaknesses and doubts, yet were still used by God in a powerful way. In fact, I think it's safe to say that God loves to use weak people. If God used me (as dense, stubborn and sinful as I am), I assure you He can use anyone, brother.

"Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus." - Acts 4:13

"For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
That no flesh should glory in his presence." - 1 Cor. 1:26-29

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:42 am 

Also, see here…

12 Great Tips for Soul-winning

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: .
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:00 pm 

Matthew 10:14

Last edited by Ralph Joseph on Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:25 pm 

Brother Parrish, thank you for all the wonderful advise in your two posts. It's a huge help and I'll use every bit of it. Lots of good ideas, thank you.

I really like the idea of distributing gospel Tracts. I never would have thought of it.

I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed at times, but you would think that I'd have thought to tell people about all that that Lord has done for me and all the ways that I've been blessed by Him in my life.

Thank you again brother, you've helped this poor sinner more than you know.

Ralph, you make some good points too, thank you. I pray that God does open their eyes, the way he opened mine after almost 50 years of life. Thanks again.

Bob

Acts 16:31, "Believe on the lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved, and thy house"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:15 pm 

Ralph Joseph wrote:
...I came to believe in Christ through many conversations that involved apologetics. I have since attempted to use apologetics to try to convince people of the truth of God, but have had little to no success in doing so. I have recently come to believe that it was not apologetics that lead me to Christ, but my willingness to know Him...

There is no other way.
1st Corinthians 1:20-24 " Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21: For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22: For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23: But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24: But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God."
The wisdom of God. If you can't convince them with your heart, you certainly cannot convince them with your mind. Salvation isn't near as much a "mind" as it is a "heart" thing.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]