Change font size

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 6 of 6   [ 56 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: What books are on your night stand?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:43 pm 

Steve Schwenke wrote:
Matthew is what we call a "Transitional Book." THere is a transition from the OT Mosaic Law to the Kingdom of Heaven. Because the Jews as a nation reject Jesus Christ as their King, the transition to the Kingdom on Earth is delayed, and the Kingdom of God (a spiritual kingdom - see Romans 14:17) is offered to the entire world (i.e. not limited to ONLY the nation of Israel.)

the above statement in understand and agree with.

Quote:
In Matthew 5 - 7 Jesus Christ is describing what things would be like under His Kingdom once it is established here on earth. Under Jesus Christ's physical reign on this earth, sin will be penalized severely and quickly. There will be a literal lake of fire burning here on this planet. (See Isa. 30:27-33 for one example.)

I will go back and read matt 5-7 again i must have missd the mark here

Quote:
So the passage you refer to above is LITERAL.

LITERAL ok missed the mark on this one too.

Quote:
Of course, we can make an application to ourselves today in many of those verses. Mtthew 5:13-16 is excellent, and can fit the Kingdom Age OR the Church Age. But even the Apostle Paul does not follow Matthew 5:22 - he calls his brothers in Christ FOOLS more than once, and he is NOT in danger of Hell-fire! (see I cor. 15:36!)

I hope this helps you!

Thanks so much, it is so good to have found this site; with the kind and knowledgeable people

that will take the time to teach the ones of us who need it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:12 pm 

jxxzz wrote:
Bro Steve ( if you don't mind ) I was in Amarillo in 1968 I went into the Air Force and was in the last flight to be trained there. I left Florida at 8am and got into Amarillo around 2pm it was about 90% that November day, I was in jeans and a tee shirt. The first thing they did was issue us a fatigue jacket ( I thought how dumb ) along about 1am everyone was up putting on their fatigue jacket because we were cold and only had one wool blanket. When they woke us at 4am to go out an march it was raining like crazy and very cold. We went in to eat between 6am and 7am after we went and changed clothes and cleaned up then on to exercise;
while we did exercise the mud puttles dried up and craked and it got up to 80 0r 90% again then night came and it was 30 or 40%. this lasted all of November and December.
I had hoped to never venture out there again but if I should, I will be seeing you for sure.

It's nice to see another AF vet here. Though I went to boot camp in San Antonio it could still be a little chilly in the morning. Not like an exercise I had in the Arizona desert though.

Jeff wrote:
Other than the Bible about all I've read lately is an '87 Toyota Truck and 4Runner repair manual. I'm about to throw it out and make my own modifications in a way that makes sense to me, actually I've already started. :shock:

Always get the factory repair manual. I downloaded a digital copy and finally figured something out. Reading Hayne's or Chilton's is like reading commentaries by Joel Osteen or Rick Warren.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:32 pm 

Jeff wrote:
Always get the factory repair manual. I downloaded a digital copy and finally figured something out. Reading Hayne's or Chilton's is like reading commentaries by Joel Osteen or Rick Warren.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's great!!!

Psalm 119:45 And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:11 am 

Hi Jeff, Glad to see you here to. I have a 77 swb chevy 4x4 I went through from top to bottom the only thing on I did not replace was the transmission, I to found the books were not as good as the claim. Once I quit spending time in the book and just done what had to be on it things smoothed out and it is purring like a kitten now. I am mechanically inclined but far from a mechanic. I can under stand the desert I spent some time in Bahrain and Saudi Arabia; very hot. I also lived in Houston tx for several years.My years in the AF was all spent at Barksdale AFB in Shreveport, La also hot.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:15 pm 

jxxzz wrote:
Hi Jeff, Glad to see you here to. I have a 77 swb chevy 4x4 I went through from top to bottom the only thing on I did not replace was the transmission, I to found the books were not as good as the claim.

That sounds fun. :) It seems to be all the electronic controls that came out in the '80's that throws me (I had a thermo switch confused with a temp sender for some time now, duh). I wish I hadn't sold my '51 Ford F-1 to my cousin. I just try to keep things running.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:57 pm 

I'm gonna be a scholar! :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 6 of 6   [ 56 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6