I used to frequent various blogs and always enjoyed the posts when they listed what books were on their night stand. So I thought I'd ask you all: What are you reading this week? What books are on your night table or beside your recliner? Magazines count
Here's what is on my night table. I always have a pile of books and my mood and level of brain fog in the evenings depicts what I will read.
1) Let the Waters Roar - Georgi Vins Various testimonies from persecuted Russians (my husband has read his books and has met this persecuted Russian Christian. Sunday we had a special speaker at church that told stories of Georgi Vins' captivity in German labor camps and I was fascinated. After talking with my husband later he said he knew all about it and had at least one of his books. So onto the stack it went! Lord willing I will purchase his actual testimony... http://www.amazon.com/Testament-Prison- ... 488&sr=1-3
2) A Geocentricity Primer - Thanks to Bro. Schwenke's wife my interest is once again peaked on this subject. I have lightly looked into it but now I am determined to figure this out for myself
much to the chagrin of my father-in-law Jim Schoolfield
LoL My Daddy would be proud...
3) Family Fun magazines
- I read these because I don't have near enough guilt that I am not the perfect parent!
4) Managers of their Schools - Even though I don't agree 100% with their method of homeschooling their book is a great encouragment and gives me lots to think about. A must for any homeschooling parent. http://www.titus2.com/ecommerce/product ... g.php/1110
5) The New American - This latest issue has a GREAT write up on the swine flu and it's available online! http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php ... f-vaccines
Can't wait to see what you're reading!!!