Change font size

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 3 of 3   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Time for a change.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:38 pm 

My wife and me are feeling a lot better so far!!

There's no doubt in my mind that with the defeat of a Hillary presidency we dodged the persecution bullet for now. But the Bible tells us it is coming so we must be spiritually prepared.

I remember seeing "The Donald" and the flag. Although I never got the full context involved I wondered if he was trying to get the point across that ALL American citizens have the right to equal protection from violence no matter what their beliefs. Maybe in reference to the mass shooting in Orlando at the Pulse Club which happened a few moths before the photo op with the flag. This past summer we visited our son who lives just outside of Orlando. He's working on the I4 improvement project and I wanted to see the work they were doing. One site was directly across from the club. It was really an eerie feeling sitting there looking and imagining what those folks went through. But then God has his reasons.....

In reference to my former pastor. The first time I attended his church and after his good morning welcome he gave the topic of his sermon. Then announced he would be preaching from the NIV. For about year before this I had been researching the bible version issue so had a good bit of knowledge on the issue. But after all that reasearching IMHO all one has to do to be convinced that the only way God has preserved his Word for us is through the KJV is to ask one question. Why do all the other versions,their interpreters,publishers,and believers attack the KJV? Our former pastor never spoke against the KJV on even mentioned it for that matter. His main bible is the NIV although he did read from the message some. But he teaches more than preaches. His being a retired high school teacher and collage professor should have been a warning sign! LOL Bottom line is we weren't getting the spiritual food we needed to get us through the week in dealing with "the world". Him and his family simply keep as best they can their worldly beliefs separate from their duties as the pastor and family.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:47 pm 

Question for you. Do you rely upon the pastor to supply you with your weekly spiritual food? We are supposed to feed ourselves from the word once we are able. Pastors, teachers, etc. are supposed to equip the saints for the work of the ministry. Part of that equipping is to teach the flock the importance of how to read and study God's word. We are all ministers. We are all expected to read, study, and feed ourselves from the written word of God. If you don't feed yourself, expect spiritual anorexia.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:46 pm 

THANK YOU for your input. If I wasn't feeding myself from the word I wouldn't have found out that my former Pastor wasn't doing all he is responsible to his people for. A Pastor (shepard) is to exhort his people (flock) in sound doctrine and by thus doing he is feeding them nourishment from the Word. Here I have no qualms with him. But a shepard is also responsible for protecting his people (flock) from ravenous wolves who appear in sheeps clothing. Those who deceive,are rebellious against God and his principles,and empty talkers(politicians). Hard for him to do when he and his family are in agreement with them. I'm finding out my wife and me are not the only ones who have left because of this.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:01 pm 

The reason I wrote is thus from your post: "Bottom line is we weren't getting the spiritual food we needed to get us through the week in dealing with "the world". Sounds like a major expectation from you for him to supply the weekly "spiritual food".

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:49 pm 

Yea. Poor choice of words. Maybe spiritual support would have been better.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 3 of 3   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3