Change font size

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 2 of 3   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Time for a change.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:04 am 

Brother Stafford wrote:
ezearl wrote:
Bottom line is that both believe it's the woman body and she should be allowed to make the choice. The pastor's wife does say she would never have one.

I don't believe in keeping slaves, but people should have the right to have them if they want to.
I would never rob my bank, but it should be legal for people to rob their own banks if they so desire.
The decision to rob banks should be left up to the bank robber and their accountant.

I've never heard a Christian speak like this, Im shocked

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:36 am 

jxxzz wrote:

I've never heard a Christian speak like this, Im shocked
You do realize that Bro Stafford is attempting to show the absurdity of what the pastor and his wife is saying by making absurd comparisons, and doesn't really mean that he doesn't care if people kill Jews, etc.?

Unless "Brother Stafford" is another alias for "jimdixon", "vinceteal", and probably "cathyj", etc., then he probably is being serious. But I don't believe he is.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:36 am 

Jeff wrote:
You do realize that Bro Stafford is attempting to show the absurdity of what the pastor and his wife is saying by making absurd comparisons, and doesn't really mean that he doesn't care if people kill Jews, etc.?
That is correct. I was being sarcastic. I was certain that the last line about the robber and his accountant would have been a dead giveaway.
Jeff wrote:
Unless "Brother Stafford" is another alias for "jimdixon", "vinceteal", and probably "cathyj", etc., then he probably is being serious. But I don't believe he is.
In the interest of honesty, I was on here perviously by the name, "Ralph Joseph." I was short tempered and obnoxious and finally left in a huff after deleting almost all of my posts. However, I have never used any of the usernames you listed above.

(1 Timothy 1:15)

“Saying that you like me, but that you do not like my religion, is like saying that you enjoy eating peaches, but that you do not care for their flavor.”

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:54 am 

Brother Stafford wrote:
I was on here perviously by the name, "Ralph Joseph."
I knew that. Remember when I asked you about your hearing (viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2667&p=20177)? That was something you never mentioned under your new name. :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:04 am 

"Seems to be a lot of people seeking new churches lately. My prayer list is growing, you've been added."

Many seeking and too many not attending at all. I do APPRECIATE the prayers.

"A sign we're nearing the end?"

I'm finding greater comfort in this every day.

I haven't found another church yet but I just got a lead on one. I found out that one of our County Commissioners who I knew was a CoB member may have become pastor of a church nearby. Talked to him a while back for just a short bit and he's seems to be someone who shares our views.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:07 pm 

ezearl wrote:
I haven't found another church yet but I just got a lead on one. I found out that one of our County Commissioners who I knew was a CoB member may have become pastor of a church nearby. Talked to him a while back for just a short bit and he's seems to be someone who shares our views.
Any news yet?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:04 am 

THANKS for asking,Jeff. Been out of state for a couple weeks. We're going to the church mentioned in your post above this morning. He's conservative and Republican but I've heard nothing about his sermons. Wish I could have been able to here his one the Sunday after the election.

Meanwhile information pertaining to the split of our denomination keeps mounting. Although it's focused on same-sex-marriage the main cause is liberalism in general. Our KJV warns us about it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:01 pm 

ezearl wrote:
He's conservative and Republican but I've heard nothing about his sermons. Wish I could have been able to here his one the Sunday after the election.
It's funny you reminded me of him being conservative and Republican. The new pastor of the church I've started attending was also involved in local politics as a conservative Republican, but I think he was a city councilman rather than county commissioner if I remember, but it's a huge city (over 10,000 people) with more people than the county I'm from.

Anyway, he preached today from Philippians 2 about Jesus being exalted, but how nowadays he's more likely to get hearty amens when he preaches about the 2nd amendment, or throwing Obama out of office, or the Denver Broncos than when he talks about Christ. He sort of compared the "Republican Jesus", the "Democrat Jesus", the "Psychoanalyst Jesus", or whatever else, to the Jesus at which every knee shall bow.

It was actually a pretty good sermon, though I know I know I'm not doing it justice here. (He wasn't at all condemning political involvement or anything, if that's the way I made it sound, but had more to do with our main focus.)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:12 am 

It went well. His sermon was from Daniel 3:16+ and focused on how the three Hebrew young men showed total dedication to the Lord even unto possible death. He then went on to telling the congregation of 60+(about a normal attendance)how pastors and churches need to be standing up for what we believe in even to the point of persecution which he feels will continue to increase. He actually used the words "taking a stand against the homosexual agenda".

Afterwards during their monthly luncheon Roger(pastor),Sonny(prayer leader),my wife,and me had an hour plus conversation. Roger asked how things were going at our church. I told him we had stopped going due to the pastor and his families liberal and political beliefs clashing with our biblical beliefs. He was well aware of the situation. As the saying goes "word travels fast in small a community". We then talked everything from deer hunting to world affairs. As I said it went well.

Two things topped the day off though. First we found an aquaintence here who had left our former church a good while back. We often wondered about her. Come to find out she left for the same reasons as us. Secondly Roger preaches from the KJV. I didn't bring up the subject of KJV Onlyism but I sure it will come up at some point. Been too many years since I've heard a pastor say at the beginning of his sermon to open your bibles to.........

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:15 pm 

Sounds good so far! :D

ezearl wrote:
He then went on to telling the congregation of 60+(about a normal attendance)how pastors and churches need to be standing up for what we believe in even to the point of persecution which he feels will continue to increase. He actually used the words "taking a stand against the homosexual agenda".
This seemed to be a common theme at the churches I attended this summer. Bible preaching pastors seem to be preparing for it. I think they may have been especially concerned when facing a Hillary presidency, but pray they don't let their guard down. The homosexual (and every other sexual deviancy) agenda hasn't gone away with the Trump election. Remember Trump holding the "LGBT's for Trump" flag before the election? http://www.christianpost.com/news/donal ... ag-171238/

I guess it's not a big surprise that those who hold to the KJV are the ones least likely to compromise. Compromise on the Bible leads to compromise on everything. Why risk your life on a book that you believe has been corrupted by man and may not really mean what it says?

ezearl wrote:
Been too many years since I've heard a pastor say at the beginning of his sermon to open your bibles to.........
:shock: I suspect that was another big warning sign there.

I don't remember if you've said, did your old pastor stick completely to the KJV if and when he used the Bible, or did he start using other versions, or the words of scholars, Greek dictionaries, or his own opinions to "correct" it?

I just wonder because not using the Bible at all, or rarely, or just using it to help back up your beliefs rather than using it to form your beliefs, seems to be the next step to believing that the Bible is full of mistakes and errors, and that man is the final authority over the Bible than the other way around.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 2 of 3   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next