Change font size

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 1 of 3   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Time for a change.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:47 am 

So our Pastor just announces he's switched to the Democrat party. Him and his wife did vote for Obama twice but I would have thought that after 8yrs he'd have been "enlightened".

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Time for a change.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:41 pm 

Sorry to hear that! :?
-- do you think they'll be donating to support Planned Parenthood's baby chop shops?

I guess if they were mixed up enough to vote for Obama twice they'll fall for anything including the DNC's deception --->

DNC OFFICIAL PLATFORM
"We will continue to stand up to Republican efforts to defund Planned Parenthood health centers, which provide critical health services to millions of people.”

http://time.com/4422862/democratic-plat ... migration/

"It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favors." -- George Washington (Ref: A Collection, W.B. Allen, ed. 543)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:41 pm 

Bottom line is that both believe it's the woman body and she should be allowed to make the choice. The pastor's wife does say she would never have one. To answer your question though I don't believe they donate to PP other than through the taxes they pay. But of course with their votes they support the powers who want to keep PP going.

Church of the Brethren recently had our annual conference. We had two representatives present. The question was brought up about "How districts shall respond when credentialed ministers and/or congregations conduct or participate in same-sex weddings". The answer suggested a loss of credentialed ministerial status for such behavior. After a vigorous opposition by a number of speakers the answer failed to gain a 2/3 majority vote. 55% for,45% opposed. The real kicker is that our reps who gave a report on the conference never even mention this. I found out through our Brethren Revival Fellowship news letter I get as a member. For the last number of years we have been dealing with the problems of the liberal agenda influences in our denomination just like others. The BRF has traditionally not sought to be an agent of division in the church but we are starting to ask the question of just how long can the CoB stay together and function as one body. Oh and who were our reps? The son and daughter of the pastor and his wife.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:05 pm 

ezearl wrote:
Bottom line is that both believe it's the woman body and she should be allowed to make the choice. The pastor's wife does say she would never have one.

Well as we know its not the woman's body it's a totally separate body with different blood type and many time different sex. But any way -- this explains why they are embracing the Democrat world-view, and I'm sure the LGBT agenda will be embraced as well, if not immediately then eventually.

How can people like this be viewed as "spiritual leaders" by a Bible believer?

I wouldn't last 24 hours under a pastor who supports Democrat ideology, abortion, planned parenthood, same-sex agenda, progressive thought, etc.

I was reading about the history of your denomination -- Church of the Brethren. From what I was reading they seem like a pretty conservative lot, so I am kinda surprised they are struggling with such basic christian principles. So how do you feel about all this and what are you gonna do?

"It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favors." -- George Washington (Ref: A Collection, W.B. Allen, ed. 543)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:59 am 

After a night of little to no sleep weighing all sides of this dilemma I have come to the conclusion that nothing matters but this. "How can people like this be viewed as "spiritual leaders" by a Bible believer?" Speaking for myself they can't.

This is something I've been dealing with for too long. I've been praying that after a time they would comprehend just where this administration is leading this country. But when the pastor said at bible study last Wednesday that he was officially a member of the Democrat Party I knew it was not to be. So I'll be looking for a new church. Now whether I'll be able to locate a strictly KJV bible believing one is another matter.

On a much lighter note my wife and me worked the booth for the local chapter of "West Virginians for the Right to Life" at our annual Apple Harvest Festival yesterday. We were handing out info on candidates for the up coming Nov. elections who are pro life. From president down to the local representatives. Got a good idea on how the locals and some not so local are going to vote. The majority are in support of the candidate who will turn the tide in the supreme court by nominating ultra conservative judges.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:41 am 

how do you select a avitar

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:00 pm 

cathyj wrote:
how do you select a avitar

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=534
Quote:
1. How Do I Add An Avatar?
Select your new avatar image and using photo editing software, crop and/or resize it to a maximum of 125 x 125 pixels at 72 dpi. To upload your avatar directly to KJV Bible Forums, make sure your image is no larger than 110 KB. If your image is too big, open it in Photoshop, choose "save for web," and this will give a very small file size, suitable for most forum avatar restrictions. Once you have prepared your image, click on the "user control panel" at the top left of the forum page, and under "options" on the left, choose "profile," then "edit avatar." There you will see a control panel which allows you to either upload from your hard drive, upload from a URL (your Photobucket account) or link offsite. The Administrator will delete any images which are considered to be offensive, please use discretion.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:20 pm 

ezearl wrote:
This is something I've been dealing with for too long. I've been praying that after a time they would comprehend just where this administration is leading this country. But when the pastor said at bible study last Wednesday that he was officially a member of the Democrat Party I knew it was not to be. So I'll be looking for a new church.

I don't blame you -- if a man is holding a Bible in one hand and an Obama or Hillary bumper sticker in the other, there has got to be spiritual problem somewhere! ( or should we say short circuit? )

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:27 am 

It is astounding.

It's astounding to me that even the world seems so blind, even if it's to be expected. It's much more astounding when the church seems to be as blind as the world.

As far as I know, I've never had a Brethren Church near by, but from what little I've read, I think I would have seriously considered attending one if there was and I couldn't find a good IFB.

Seems to be a lot of people seeking new churches lately. My prayer list is growing, you've been added. A sign we're nearing the end?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:02 pm 

ezearl wrote:
Bottom line is that both believe it's the woman body and she should be allowed to make the choice. The pastor's wife does say she would never have one.

I don't believe in keeping slaves, but people should have the right to have them if they want to.
I would never rob my bank, but it should be legal for people to rob their own banks if they so desire.
The decision to rob banks should be left up to the bank robber and their accountant.

(1 Timothy 1:15)

“Saying that you like me, but that you do not like my religion, is like saying that you enjoy eating peaches, but that you do not care for their flavor.”

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 1 of 3   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next