Change font size

Forum lockedWrite comments Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Harsh Language
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:29 pm 

Some in the Bible Believing movement use some harsh words in their preaching. Obviously we don't want to be politically correct, and we want a convicting message to be preached from behind our pulpit, but where do we draw the line?

The Bible warns of speaking "evil," "corrupt," or "filthy communication." I've heard some Christians say things like "wicked as hell," "God hates fags" (not necessarily the Westboro Baptist Church only), and other things. Obviously other words are used in the KJB that are seem to be vulgar or derogatory in our English today.

Let's discuss this matter also.

"Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." – Ephesians 6:11

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Harsh Language
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:30 am 

James 3:10 - Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

Psalms 34:13 Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile.

James 3:8 “But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.”

I have heard preachers pass over Hebrews 12:8 because it uses the word bastard.
Paul says to preach the word.
My opinion is,if it is in Gods word, then preach it,the words in the Bible are not vulgar,but man has made them that way.

Hebrews 12:8
But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

Perry Stone made a big deal about Hebrews 12:8 on one of his broadcasts,he started to quote the verse and stopped,then said,there is a word in the KJ Bible that started with a B.
I don't know why,but my pastor did the same thing the other day.
Has our churches become so overly sensitized that we can't take Gods word?

You hear Gods name Blasphemed a thousand times a day,but when it comes to what Gods word says,it gets glazed over.
Are we politically correct or Biblically correct?

1 Peter 1:25
But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Harsh Language
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:37 am 

I want to be biblically correct, but I've heard a pastor say "what the hell." I've watched a video by a kid part of the KJV Bible movement, in response to Muhammad Ali's death, instead of saying "peace be upon him," he said "piss be upon him." That's kind of my struggle. Should we be using this type of vocabulary? That word is in the Bible, but is it okay to use it otherwise? What about the word "faggot?" Isn't Sodomite supposed to be a strong word for gays? Is faggot essentially the equivalent? Are we allowed to use that word?

I don't think there is any neutral ground, if you condemn the preaching against homosexuality, even if it uses harsh words like "faggot," you're sticking up for it.

What do you think? A lot of Bibles are "politically correct," in that, they remove hell.

The SDA church actually is kind of politically correct. "Oh, you won't go to hell forever and ever, you'll just be burned up and cease to exist." The Bible says it's an eternal punishment. There is no rest, day or night of them that worship the beast and his image, they shall be TORMENTED day and night, forever and ever. They claim to stand against homosexuality, but I don't think I've EVER heard a sermon condemning it. A lot of their sermons seemed to be gentle, and milky in my time there. We need to hear the meaty sermons. We need the FEAR of the Lord put into our spirit!

"Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." – Ephesians 6:11

Profile E-mail  

Forum lockedWrite comments Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]