Change font size

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Was Jesus resurected on the same date as Noah's Ark rested
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:04 am 

Quite possibly, Jesus resurrected on the same date the Ark landed after the flood?

http://www.neverthirsty.org/bible-qa/qa-archives/question/was-jesus-resurrected-on-the-same-day-noahs-ark-rested-on-mt-ararat/

9The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.

10And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Was Jesus resurected on the same date as Noah's Ark rested
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:14 am 

I don't remember seeing that. But there are no coincidences with God. The way things fit together in the Bible is amazing and speaks to its authenticity.

Looking over Genesis 7 and 8 after reading your post I'm struck by the detail that is given in respect to the dates and times. There must be a reason for such detail more than just to satisfy people's curiosity about how long they were in the ark.

I wonder if Noah kept a diary, it seems it would be easy to lose track of days and weeks on the ark. He probably didn't have a calendar from his insurance company hanging on the wall of the ark that he marked the days off on. Maybe his wife kept track, she must of known exactly when their anniversary was and would have reminded him. :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:59 am 

If it was easy to lose track of days, it also would've been easy to lose track of when the Sabbath was, if it was part of Noah's knowledge. According to Neh. 9:13-4 though, it was revealed by Moses at Mt. Sinai. My struggle is that we see it referenced before Sinai (i.e. Ex. 16). There are no references to it by name before that however. Scripture never tells us of anyone that kept the Sabbath before Exodus.

"Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." – Ephesians 6:11

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:50 am 

Jesus died on Nisan 14 which is the Passover day, the day on which the passover lamb was killed. He died before the Sabbath rest which started in the evening at 6:00 pm (1800 hours). Then Jesus returned to life – resurrected – on the day on which Noah’s ark rested on Mount Ararat – Nisan 17. Hebrews 4 tells us that rest is also a symbol of one’s rest in God because we believe in Jesus Christ. Jesus made it possible for us to have our sins forgiven, and those who believe in Jesus Christ can finally rest because they have peace with God.
Looks like the dates matched up?

9The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.

10And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]