Change font size

Forum lockedWrite comments Page 3 of 3   [ 26 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Within the next 40 years the Fossil Fuel era will
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:45 pm 

I checked into this peak oil thing and to my surprise this is not going to occur, it has already occurred

According to energy blogger Ron Patterson, the peak of world oil production was probably around 2010.[12]
Major oil companies hit peak production in 2005.[141][142] Several sources in 2006 and 2007 predicted that worldwide production was at or past its maximum.[5][6][7][9] Fatih Birol, chief economist at the International Energy Agency, also stated that "crude oil production for the world has already peaked in 2006."[143] However, in 2013 OPEC's figures showed that world crude oil production and remaining proven reserves were at record highs.[144] According toMatthew Simmons, former Chairman of Simmons & Company International and author of Twilight in the Desert: The Coming Saudi Oil Shock and the World Economy, "peaking is one of these fuzzy events that you only know clearly when you see it through a rear view mirror, and by then an alternate resolution is generally too late."[145]

In 2005, the United States Department of Energy published a report titled Peaking of World Oil Production: Impacts, Mitigation, & Risk Management.[146] Known as the Hirsch report, it stated, "The peaking of world oil production presents the U.S. and the world with an unprecedented risk management problem. As peaking is approached, liquid fuel prices and price volatility will increase dramatically, and, without timely mitigation, the economic, social, and political costs will be unprecedented. Viable mitigation options exist on both the supply and demand sides, but to have substantial impact, they must be initiated more than a decade in advance of peaking." Some of the information was updated in 2007.[147]

A majority of Americans live in suburbs, a type of low-density settlement designed around universal personal automobileuse. Commentators such as James Howard Kunstler argue that because over 90% of transportation in the U.S. relies on oil, the suburbs' reliance on the automobile is an unsustainable living arrangement. Peak oil would leave many Americans unable to afford petroleum based fuel for their cars, and force them to use bicycles or electric vehicles. Additional options include telecommuting, moving to rural areas, or moving to higher density areas, where walking and public transportation are more viable options. In the latter two cases, suburbs may become the "slums of the future."[188][189] The issue of petroleum supply and demand is also a concern for growing cities in developing countries (where urban areas are expected to absorb most of the world's projected 2.3 billion population increase by 2050). Stressing the energy component of future development plans is seen as an important goal.[190]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peak_oil

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:43 pm 

cathyj wrote:
I checked into this peak oil thing and to my surprise this is not going to occur, it has already occurred

According to energy blogger Ron Patterson, the peak of world oil production was probably around 2010.[12]
Oh, okay. Then this is where we're at right now:
cathyj wrote:
"The peaking of world oil production presents the U.S. and the world with an unprecedented risk management problem. As peaking is approached, liquid fuel prices and price volatility will increase dramatically, and, without timely mitigation, the economic, social, and political costs will be unprecedented. Viable mitigation options exist on both the supply and demand sides, but to have substantial impact, they must be initiated more than a decade in advance of peaking." Some of the information was updated in 2007.[147]

A majority of Americans live in suburbs, a type of low-density settlement designed around universal personal automobileuse. Commentators such as James Howard Kunstler argue that because over 90% of transportation in the U.S. relies on oil, the suburbs' reliance on the automobile is an unsustainable living arrangement. Peak oil would leave many Americans unable to afford petroleum based fuel for their cars, and force them to use bicycles or electric vehicles. Additional options include telecommuting, moving to rural areas, or moving to higher density areas, where walking and public transportation are more viable options. In the latter two cases, suburbs may become the "slums of the future."[188][189] The issue of petroleum supply and demand is also a concern for growing cities in developing countries (where urban areas are expected to absorb most of the world's projected 2.3 billion population increase by 2050). Stressing the energy component of future development plans is seen as an important goal.[190]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peak_oil
So as oil has already peaked, and is as real as you've proclaimed global warming to be, I'm sure, all these dire predictions must be coming to pass right now, and we're all doomed. There's nothing we can do but use bicycles and electric vehicles (that I guess are powered by electricity that miraculously appears out of nowhere, and are also all produced using the same magical electricity) or move to rural areas where no one ever has to travel to stores, or to work, or anywhere, and never have to have goods trucked in, or anything, like they do in the suburbs.

So why worry? There's nothing we can do. Let nature take care of it. Billions of people may starve, but isn't that a good thing as it's people who are the problem and who are destroying the earth? Once Mother Nature gets rid of all these people she can start to heal.

Actually, "Cathy", what makes you come to a KJV Bible forum and start pushing environmental issues without introducing yourself or showing any interest in the Bible. Are you a Bible believer at all?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:41 pm 

Hello out there ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (:-

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:33 pm 

Jeff wrote:
Actually, "Cathy", what makes you come to a KJV Bible forum and start pushing environmental issues without introducing yourself or showing any interest in the Bible. Are you a Bible believer at all?

I was Baptized/circumcised in a catholic church when I was a baby
In my 20’s I was Baptized in a my wife’s Baptist Church
Today, @ 67 I just call myself a Christian and leave it at that

To your question, the answer is "Yes"

Am I committing a sin by having those feelings?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:01 pm 

Jeff wrote:
.,.,.And then others predict that when the fossil fuel age ends, we'll have transitioned to something else. Just like we did when we ran out of rocks and the Stone Age ended.

Actually there is an abundance of "rocks" out there. Just head my warning; striking one against the other may cause a spark and a fire may appear.

Be cautious in such matters

Still, in my view the world is evolving as it should

How about you (:-

Member update:
cathyj/vinceteal/passingby/jimdixon/letthetruthbetold/standtallornot/etc., etc.
banned - Admin.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:21 pm 

cathyj wrote:
Actually there is an abundance of "rocks" out there. Just head my warning; striking one against the other may cause a spark and a fire may appear.

Oh yeah? Have you tired to find a decent piece of flint or chert that you can work that will hold a good edge, won't be too brittle, and meets ANSI specs and all federal regulations, including EPA regulations concerning mining and gathering of unrenewable natural resources? All the hardware stores, and even Walmart, seems to be out. Even if you can still find some, how long do you think the supply would last with all the conflicts around the world and the demand for intercontinental arrowheads by countries like Iran and North Korea?

Have you actually ever tried to start a fire by striking two rocks together, or by striking your head against a rock?

Even if there really are still rocks around, I'm sure we can thank the Greenies for having stopped us from depleting them and forcing us to turn to oil and such instead. But I'm sure that rocks are just as endangered as wolves are in certain western states.

But anyway, goodbye again Cathy, for now anyway. I can't wait to see who or what you come back as next time, and what agenda you'll be pushing.

Profile E-mail  

Forum lockedWrite comments Page 3 of 3   [ 26 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3