Change font size

Forum lockedWrite comments Page 2 of 3   [ 26 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Within the next 40 years the Fossil Fuel era will
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:29 pm 

Bro. Parrish wrote:
LOL

The term “global warming” does not apply to this discussion. It is an historical face that weather patterns change over time. In ancient history a glacier came down between the Rocky Mountains and the Appalachian mountain range cutting across the USA. We were in the cold era way back then and now we are in the warm era. But this has nothing to do with burning fossil fuels. The end of fossil fuels is another topic all together.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:38 pm 

I'm 67 so why in the hell should I care !!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:07 pm 

If you don't care about global warming just try watching the video starting at about 2:15.

But it's clear that you're not here for any kind of discussion. You have picked and chosen the facts you wish to use, even if they're not current, and can't be bothered to answer any concerns or objections anyone else may have.

So I got your point. We can't survive without fossil fuels so therefore we better quit using them because we and our children are all going to die.

Wait....are you Jim Dixon?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:06 pm 

Jeff wrote:
Wait....are you Jim Dixon?
Assuming that you're jimdixon/passingby, I think I may have figured out the reason you want us to get off oil;

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/10/07 ... srael.html
Quote:
HAIFA, Israel –
After Israel complained for years that it was surrounded by oil-rich states but didn’t have a drop within its own borders, it appears there’s a big-time turnaround with the announcement Wednesday that massive oil reserves have been located in the Golan Heights,close to the country’s border with Syria.
So, even though massive oil reserves are still being found, pushing your "we're all going to run out of oil and die" date further into the future, you don't want your hated enemies, the Jews, to profit from their new found oil reserves.

Is my wild guess anywhere close?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:19 am 

Just saw this on the other thread:
Quote:
Member update:
vinceteal/passingby/jimdixon/letthetruthbetold/standtallornot/etc., etc.
banned - Admin.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:26 am 

Global warming is real but this end of oil is a new one. Anyone here believe it

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:21 pm 

cathyj wrote:
Why sure. Anything there is a limited supply of is in danger of getting used up. However fossil fuels are causing global warming, so the earth will be saved when we run out of oil. It's all part of the circle of life. Once the earth is cured of the blight of men and fossil fuels, evolution will start all over again, and maybe more dinosaurs will come and refill the oil supply, or maybe Mother Nature will come up with something better than dinosaurs that turn into fuel and things that evolve into men as the Universe evolves for the better.

Do you believe that? Or are you as concerned about your eternity as you are about temporal things that will all pass away?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:56 pm 

By the way, are you the fifth, or however many, reincarnation of jimdixon?

Can you change sexes when you're reincarnated? (Oh..that's right..gender is kind of an ethereal quality anyway in this day and age where you can dream yourself to be whatever and whoever you want to be.)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:43 pm 

cathyj wrote:
Where'd you go, "Cathy"? Did your lights go out?

What do you mean that "this end of oil is a new one"? I didn't even know there where people who thought there was an infinite supply. People have been predicting an apocalyptic end of oil probably every since they squeezed it out of olives to light lamps. Where have you been for the last couple of centuries?

Remember Jimmy Carter? In 1977 he predicted oil would run out in 35 years (that would be by the year 2017, if my math is correct) and something about it being the biggest challenge we'll face in our lifetimes. I guess he didn't know about global warming. After all, wasn't that the same decade Time magazine was warning us about the coming ice age? At least our Scientist-in-Chief Obama has his science down and knows that our biggest threat is "Climate Change". Or maybe we were headed for an ice age before we found a glut of oil that helped us to warm the atmosphere and saved our world from freezing. And when we invent the machines that will reverse the warming and cool the earth, they'll probably be powered by oil too. And people like Obama will try to save us from running out by trying to force us to quit using it. (Hmm, why don't we try that with food? Just think, if there's a world shortage of food, we can fix that by making sure no one eats the food supply that we have.)

So I thought it was conventional wisdom that we would run out of oil sometime in the coming billion years if we continued to use it. But then I found articles such as this one: Why the World isn't Running Out of Oil (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/e ... f-oil.html). Of course, you can search the internet and find predictions that we will run out of oil anywhere from right now, or even sooner, to never. Here's one from USA Today: "The world had 53.3 years of oil left" (http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/bus ... /11528999/). So it appears even USA Today doesn't know the exact day and hour it will run out, they just have it down to a general time period of within a month or two. (Actually, they do go on to say "there's likely a lot more oil left in the tank beyond [that]", so even they appear to be suspicious of the accuracy of their headline.)

And then others predict that when the fossil fuel age ends, we'll have transitioned to something else. Just like we did when we ran out of rocks and the Stone Age ended.

Or you can listen to an anti-Semitic-know-nothing like vinceteal and have an irrational panic and anger attack, and all the while ignore the much more serious and real issues that the Bible warns us about. Either you can have Salvation that's free, or something much worse than running out of oil and "global warming".

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:43 pm 

Jeff wrote:
Remember Jimmy Carter? In 1977 he predicted oil would run out in 35 years (that would be by the year 2017, if my math is correct)

Actually that's pretty poor math. :oops:

We should have actually ran out four years or so ago, 2012, not 2017. Glad we got that behind us. Now that it's over and we're still alive, we can stop worrying. :D

Profile E-mail  

Forum lockedWrite comments Page 2 of 3   [ 26 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next