Change font size

Forum lockedWrite comments Page 1 of 3   [ 26 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Within the next 40 years the Fossil Fuel era will
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:54 pm 

Within the next 40 years the Fossil Fuel era will grind to an end; what are we going to do next-?

Energy information Administration Official Energy Statistics from the US government
http://www.eia.doe.gov/oiaf/forecasting.html

The above report indicates that the US will be using primarily oil as our main energy source through 2030.

The world's total declared reserves are 1,317,400,000,000 barrels (January 2007).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_reserves

Dividing annual consumption into total reserves gives us 44.9 years of oil supply at the current consumption rate.

That was twelve (12) years ago, we are not changing our habits and this spells doom for us all.

Nuclear energy could replace fossil fuel but it too has it’s limits
Geothermal energy is another limitless energy source.

I believe whatever new energy source we transition too batteries will have to be designed that can store the energy for future use.

Whatever we do we need to start doing it now if we want a viable future for our children’s future.

Do you have any suggestions--? :?:

Broken links removed - Admin.

Last edited by vinceteal on Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Within the next 40 years the Fossil Fuel era will
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:05 pm 

This is a serious topic that needs your attention !!!!!!

:o

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:01 pm 

vinceteal wrote:

I think it will all be okay Vince.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:31 pm 

vinceteal wrote:

All your links that I checked come back "page not found", which makes me wonder if your sources are any good, or if my internet connection is bad. Maybe someone can verify for me.

In any case, as things are so dire and need our immediate attention, why are we shutting down, or at least extremely limiting the production, and exploration of petroleum, natural gas, and clean burning coal?

If you're panicking about the future of our energy, I suggest you not vote for Clinton, Sanders, and Obama types.

I would be more worried about the things the Bible warns us about that is to come.

I'm pretty addicted to technology, but as I understand it, people have survived for a few thousand years with little more than olive oil for light and wood for heat, and I'm already using wood, and I keep oil lamps and candles handy. I admit, it's hard for me to imagine cutting the firewood I use with hand saws, but I can always get out my cold weather gear and subzero sleeping bag. In forty years, I expect I'll be ready to go home where there is no need even of the sun. Either case, I'll survive. :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:44 pm 

Jeff wrote:
All your links that I checked come back "page not found",
I found only two links in your first post that worked for me, the EIA link and Wikipedia are the only ones that work for me out of all the ones in both posts. I wouldn't trust either as accurate unbiased sources. But you used the EIA as saying "that the US will be using primarily oil as our main energy source through 2030." 2030 is less than 15 years away, so why are we panicked if we have 40 years supply of oil?

I still find it suspicious that none of the other links work. Are they something you've checked out for yourself or just copied from somewhere?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:44 am 

Jeff wrote:
vinceteal wrote:

All your links that I checked come back "page not found", which makes me wonder if your sources are any good, or if my internet connection is bad. Maybe someone can verify for me.

I am sorry that the links no longer work but you can google the subject and you will get lots of new articles that support this

All fossil fuels are non-renewable at the time scales of human civilization, so we must ask, how much longer will oil and gas be available in sufficient quantities to support our voracious energy needs. In a seminal paper written fifty years ago, M. King Hubbert (1956), a geologist with Shell Oil Company, considered exactly this question. Hubbert proposed that production of fossil fuels should follow a bell curve and predicted that United States production should peak in 1971 and then begin to decline. As it turned out, his prediction of the timing was spot on. He also predicted that world wide oil production would beak around the year 2000 (top left), a prediction that has not, yet, come true. It is true, however, that oil production is in decline everywhere in the world except for the Middle East and the former Soviet Union. It is difficult to find completely reliable estimates for these areas.
http://www.geo.cornell.edu/eas/energy/the_challenges/peak_oil.html

Oil production forecasts on which predictions of peak oil are based are often made within a range which includes optimistic (higher production) and pessimistic (lower production) scenarios. Optimistic[4]
estimations of peak production forecast the global decline will begin after 2020, and assume major investments in
alternatives will occur before a crisis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peak_oil

It is your children’s future that you should be concerned about

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:49 am 

Note: if the text is too large or too small just hold down your {ctrl] key while rolling yoyr mouse roller up or down

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:35 pm 

vinceteal wrote:
All fossil fuels are non-renewable at the time scales of human civilization,

How long does it take to produce fossil fuels?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:00 pm 

LOL

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:25 pm 

Bro. Parrish wrote:
LOL
:lol:

Does it seem ironic that we're panicked that:
1. fossil fuels are destroying the world, and