Change font size

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 5 of 6   [ 53 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bryan Denlinger/Husky394xp
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:53 pm 

Soldier4Christ wrote:
Yes, I heard him talking about it in a video. He said him and his wife are both Germans, and talked about marrying within your "kindred."
I guess I would need to get one of those DNA test things I see advertised now. (You know, like the one that has some idiot saying he thought he was German, so he acted German. Then he took the test and found out he was Scottish, so now he acts Scottish. :lol: I wonder if he divorced his German wife when he found out he was Scottish?) Then I guess I would have to find a wife with the same percentage German, Cherokee, and whatever else I might be. Has anyone started a dating website yet that matches people accordingly yet? They have them for everything else.

Until then, I guess I'd just have to settle for someone descended from Noah, because I pretty much have my family history down up to that point. Anyone know of any nice ladies descended from Noah?

:)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:48 pm 

Here's one video that appears to be addressing his stance on it, just judging from the title of the video.

What About Interracial Marriage? Part 1

What do you make of 501(c)(3)?

"Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." – Ephesians 6:11

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:34 pm 

Soldier4Christ wrote:
Here's one video that appears to be addressing his stance on it, just judging from the title of the video.

What About Interracial Marriage? Part 1

What do you make of 501(c)(3)?
Thanks. I may try to watch the video later. Does he put any of his thoughts in writing?

It's been awhile since I've looked at the problems and/or benefits of being a 501(c)(3), so others may be more up on the debate. My thought is that it is best to file as little paperwork with the government as possible. A church is a tax exempt organization whether it is officially registered as such or not. The only benefits to filing that I recall is to keep the IRS from getting suspicious, or because some potential donors may be reluctant to donate if you're not listed officially as a non-profit.

Lawyers may have their own ideas. The Independent Faux Baptist Church I was a member of had a founding member who was a lawyer, and for reasons I'm not up on now, he had the church register with the State of Wyoming as a non-profit corporation. Apparently he saw some legal benefit to it. I know it does get it put on some maps that non registered ones aren't, but I think it was supposed to be more than for advertising value.

I suspect it may be hard to deal with banks and such without all kinds "tax-exempt" numbers and paperwork and junk nowadays.

I wonder if the "I" in IFB means less the more we have to do with the government?

When looking for a church I have never thought to ask whether they're a 501(c)(3), so it falls somewhere below their other beliefs and practices to me, yet I do see danger in too much cooperation with government. If a church ever compromises in order to keep their 501(c)(3) status then obviously it's a bad thing, but I don't know that simply filing is a compromise in itself.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:39 am 

There's an article on the issue saying the 501(c)(3) limits 1st Amendment Rights.

http://www.creationliberty.com/articles/501c3.php

"Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." – Ephesians 6:11

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:06 pm 

At this point I wouldn't let 501c3 status keep me from attending a church and fellowshipping with believers there. It could be a deciding factor between two otherwise similar churches, and it would be problematic if it causes preachers to speak differently than they would otherwise.

It does make me wonder why we would willingly register with the government, especially when you consider that registration is a requirement in countries that are very unfriendly to the gospel. It's seems maybe we should consider it a blessing and part of our liberty not to have to, and not make it easier for the government as it becomes more like those other countries.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:55 am 

Quote:
Somewhere in his life he had a experience with a PERSON in a IFB church (he claims) that didn't like his beard,so that is now doctrine in the IFB,no beards. I have one and so do others in our church.

Yeah, Bryan believes that shaving your beard would be effeminate. According to one definition of "effeminate," according the Webster 1828 dictionary, it would technically be an effeminate act. However, there really is no place in Scripture, except Lev. 19:27, and Lev. 21:5, that says we should not shave. These verses are debated, and some say that it means not to shave in a way that pagans would've. The fact is that even the Egyptians shaved their beards, heads, and wore mascara. Joseph shaved. I think that it's talking about marring your beard "for the dead." In other words, ripping out your hair / beards because someone died.

Some might argue it is a shame for men to shave their beards, as we saw with David's men that went to Jericho until their beards grew back. Another argument might be that having is like getting a tattoo; It's like removing a trait you don't like instead of adding something that doesn't belong (i.e. the tattoo). This isn't the strongest argument however, because our hair would grow long, as men, if we didn't cut it. Our fingernails would grow long, if we didn't trim them. So there are some things that we trim, not necessarily because we don't like those traits, but for the sake of keeping ourselves well kept.

For another thing, male children don't have beards, does that diminish their masculinity? Most men in the Bible did grow beards, we shouldn't throw that fact away. The fact remains that Joseph was never rebuked for shaving though. There is even an instance in Scripture where people shaved everything, hair, eyebrows, and even beard. (Lev. 14:9) We should not shave our beards, if it's with the intent to blend ourselves with the world. It may've been customary in Israeli culture to grow a beard, but in our American culture today, it's customary for men to shave, though I see much more men today grow their beards. Let's not be dogmatic either way. Shaving or not shaving cannot affect our spiritually. Most Muslims, and some Jews will grow their beards, I'm sure many Buddhists will shave their beards, and heads, as did the Egyptians. The world is becoming more and more like Babylon in all different directions. Today, infidels may grow their beards, or not. What matters is remaining set-apart, spiritually. (Rom. 12:2)

I'd suggest if you're going to grow your beard, then keep it neat. Again, growing one, or not growing one does not affect us spiritually.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:18 pm 

How about the goatee type things where they shave their cheeks but have mustache and chin hair?

Has anyone else noticed that it seems that most people coming out of "Bible Schools" and touting the new versions are wearing those goatees and thinking it makes them look scholarly?

Maybe shaving half their whiskers and leaving half symbolizes their tendency to compromise and try to have things both ways.

(I don't know how many people here with goatees I may be offending, so I'd better make it clear I'm only talking about liberal Bible school grads carrying ESVs and the like around. If you have a goatee and are a Bible-believer, take it as a compliment because these kids are trying to pretend to be intelligent respectable Christians like you. :D)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:36 pm 

Haha! I actually mentioned about the goatee in my post, but I took it out. I put that someone may be offended myself. Beards are a good distinguisher between man and woman though, esp. in our messed up world. I wish women wouldn't cut their hair short, but ultimately it's their choice. Many elderly women wear their hair short for instance.

I personally believe goatees are pagan. Everyone's got to make that choice for themselves though, and investigate for themselves.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:49 pm 

Soldier4Christ wrote:
Beards are a good distinguisher between man and woman though, esp. in our messed up world.
I noticed on the pictures you posted of Ellen White and Joseph Smith, Ellen was the masculine looking one. :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:57 pm 

Yeah, but she was also the one wearing the skirt (though Scottish people wear kilts).

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 5 of 6   [ 53 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next