Change font size

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 4 of 6   [ 53 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bryan Denlinger/Husky394xp
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:04 am 

So that's 3 votes for Stihl and two half votes for Husky. :D People here have good taste. I think my 026 would be equivalent to the later model MS260, which may be a little bigger than the MS250. I use the 16" bar, I seldom cut anything with a diameter more than 16, and very rarely more than 30". The only safety equipment I did away with was round tooth chain. It cuts better with the square tooth and I haven't noticed any increased kick-back (YMMV - don't take this as safety advice for your specific situation. :shock: ) The odd numbered ones used to be more the type you find at hardware stores to compete with the other brands.

I'm not familiar with the 011AV. I started a search on the internet and curiously the first thing I found was a"Carburetor Kit for Stihl 009 010 011 AV for Walbro Carb" for $13 and free shipping on ebay. Seems like it would be well worth it to keep a Stihl running, but you might want to check the dealer also to make sure you get the right one and see what they would charge.

So you can sometimes find some odds and ends for Stihl on the internet. I kind of like Stihl's idea of not selling a chainsaw to anyone without giving them a safety test (or do they only do that to me :? ) but I still wish parts were more available.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:25 am 

Hi Jeff,
+1 on the parts thing. But yeah that is the kit. I just haven;t tore into it yet. It still starts but with the carb all gummed up it does need rebuilding. It is a 25cc engine with a 16 inch bar and it cuts full bar length with no problems when it is right.

Phil 4:13 "I can do all things through CHRIST which strengtheneth me"

In the LORD JESUS CHRIST,
preachp

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:25 am 

Hi Jeff,
+1 on the parts thing. But yeah that is the kit. I just haven;t tore into it yet. It still starts but with the carb all gummed up it does need rebuilding. It is a 25cc engine with a 16 inch bar and it cuts full bar length with no problems when it is right.

preachp

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:26 pm 

preachp wrote:
Hi Jeff,
Does carburetor cleaner help? I sometimes have problems after letting it sit for the winter, even though I try to run it dry and drain it, but after a shot of gumout type stuff it runs great.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:54 pm 

Hi Jeff,
It might but it was sitting for a few years and I think it would be prudent to just go ahead and rebuild the carb.
Thanks for the suggestion though. I would most certainly have used it if it hadn't been setting so long.

preachp

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:40 pm 

I think I'll repeat a thought here from another thread, The Holidays, as I don't remember thinking of it quite this way before:
Jeff wrote:
I was just wondering if we don't tend to look at things backwards. Some prior comments made me think of that guy who says church buildings are pagan, and columns and steeples represent pagan things, etc. etc. It's almost as if God, rather than being the One Who created all things for His pleasure, came after all these false gods and we have to be careful how we worship Him because we might be infringing on the copyrights of these false gods. That's pretty backwards!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:49 pm 

I thank God by the Blood of Jesus I am Free , I have also been set free from my legalistic way's

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:16 am 

Joining in on the discussion a little late.

I think that Bryan has had a lot of good materials in the past (videos predating 2013) as well.

It does seem that in the recent years he has become more of an extremist, going over "the edge." He teaches a doctrine (that may've been discussed already on this thread) about marrying ONLY within your "kindreds." I've heard other Baptists say that your nationality doesn't matter (i.e. Kent Hovind, and Steven Anderson). (These preachers don't teach the pre-trib rapture, but that's another discussion for another time)

I myself am a mixture of many different nationalities. I also kind of prefer certain nationalities than others when it comes to women, but ultimately, nationality doesn't matter. What's most important is a God-fearing woman who will prove to be a help "meet for me." It shouldn't matter what color her skin, or eyes are. Charm is deception, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised.

I also kind of struggle with the 501(c)(3), something that Bryan Denlinger teaches against as well. There was a really good Bible Believing, Baptist church a bit of a drive away from where I live. I'm not entirely sure if they're 501(c)(3) or not, but I heard the pastor saying something one day like, that they (the government) can have the tax-exemption, they've already taken away everything else. I think it is an important issue because it comes down to our 1st Amendment Rights.

That's my input on these issues.

"Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." – Ephesians 6:11

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:33 pm 

Soldier4Christ wrote:
He teaches a doctrine (that may've been discussed already on this thread) about marrying ONLY within your "kindreds."
I don't recall this being discussed. Does he want Christians to become as inbred as Muslims are?

(If you don't know what I'm referring to, just search "muslim inbreeding" or similar. Here's a quick little fact from Wikipedia: "A BBC report discussed Pakistanis in Britain, 55% of whom marry a first cousin." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cousin_marriage#Genetics. 1400 years of inbreeding has caused problems. But don't talk about it, it's not politically correct. :o)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:43 pm 

Jeff wrote:
Soldier4Christ wrote:
He teaches a doctrine (that may've been discussed already on this thread) about marrying ONLY within your "kindreds."
I don't recall this being discussed. Does he want Christians to become as inbred as Muslims are?

(If you don't know what I'm referring to, just search "muslim inbreeding" or similar. Here's a quick little fact from Wikipedia: "A BBC report discussed Pakistanis in Britain, 55% of whom marry a first cousin." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cousin_marriage#Genetics. 1400 years of inbreeding has caused problems. But don't talk about it, it's not politically correct. :o)

Yes, I heard him talking about it in a video. He said him and his wife are both Germans, and talked about marrying within your "kindred."

I heard the Amish have "inbreeding" problems as well. Perhaps that's why God told them at the tower of Babel to spread out, and told Adam and Eve to fill the earth.

"Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." – Ephesians 6:11

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 4 of 6   [ 53 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next