Change font size

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 1 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Jets Release Tim Tebow
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:06 pm 

Stupid Jets, they hired a two-time national champion and Heisman Trophy winner, then dumped the guy after only letting him throw 8 pass attempts. I still see a lot of potential in this young man and I can't help but think he's being scorned at least in part for his Christian testimony...

Jets Release Tebow
Jets special teams coordinator: the way the team used Tebow was an "absolute mess."

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/04/2 ... tim-tebow/

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Jets Release Tim Tebow
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:01 pm 

Bro. Parrish wrote:
Stupid Jets, they hired a two-time national champion and Heisman Trophy winner, then dumped the guy after only letting him throw 8 pass attempts. I still see a lot of potential in this young man and I can't help but think he's being scorned at least in part for his Christian testimony...

Jets Release Tebow
Jets special teams coordinator: the way the team used Tebow was an "absolute mess."

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/04/2 ... tim-tebow/

I would like for him to do well, but quite frankly he's not a good pro QB. If he wants to make it as a pro he needs to consider changing to a position like fullback or tight end.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/20 ... n/1926135/

Romans 4:3 For what saith the scripture?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:58 pm 

CKG wrote:
I would like for him to do well, but quite frankly he's not a good pro QB.

Compared to who? Sanchez wasn't getting it done and then they put their 3rd string ahead of Tebow. I mean he got 8 passing attempts. This was a sandbag deal from the start, they never let the guy play. I agree with their special teams coordinator; the way the Jets handled this was a mess.

I watched Tebow when he was with the Gators here in Florida; he held the Southeastern Conference's all-time records in both career passing efficiency and total rushing touchdowns. No, Tebow is not a $96 million QB like Payton Manning, but he has a lot of heart and he looked pretty good at the end of the Broncos previous season against the Steelers before they traded him; six-game winning streak from weeks 9–14. I don't think Kyle Orton could have done that.

The attacks on this kid never let up; I still remember when the media went ape and attacked him for doing a pro-life commercial during the superbowl, and when Tullock mocked his faith on the field. This wouldn't happen to a Muslim, or even a homosexual nowadays. I think he's being shunned for other reasons; that happens sometimes when believers openly share their Christian faith with fans and in clinics, hospitals, schools and orphanages. I hope the Dolphins pick him up one day, I would love to see him play in Florida again and continue to grow as an athlete.

More articles...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--no-le ... 52979.html

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/12/ ... tim-tebow/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:50 pm 

Bro. Parrish wrote:
CKG wrote:
I would like for him to do well, but quite frankly he's not a good pro QB.

Compared to who? Sanchez wasn't getting it done and then they put their 3rd string ahead of Tebow. I mean he got 8 passing attempts. This was a sandbag deal from the start, they never let the guy play. I agree with their special teams coordinator; the way the Jets handled this was a mess.

I watched Tebow when he was with the Gators here in Florida; he held the Southeastern Conference's all-time records in both career passing efficiency and total rushing touchdowns. No, Tebow is not a $96 million QB like Payton Manning, but he has a lot of heart and he looked pretty good at the end of the Broncos previous season against the Steelers before they traded him; six-game winning streak from weeks 9–14. I don't think Kyle Orton could have done that.

The attacks on this kid never let up; I still remember when the media went ape and attacked him for doing a pro-life commercial during the superbowl, and when Tullock mocked his faith on the field. This wouldn't happen to a Muslim, or even a homosexual nowadays. I think he's being shunned for other reasons; that happens sometimes when believers openly share their Christian faith with fans and in clinics, hospitals, schools and orphanages. I hope the Dolphins pick him up one day, I would love to see him play in Florida again and continue to grow as an athlete.

More articles...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--no-le ... 52979.html

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/12/ ... tim-tebow/

Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for his Christian witness although I don't understand his canceling the speak engagement at 1st Baptist Dallas. For the most part it is the media who attackes Tebow. On the other hand coaches want to win games and they know in the long run he's not going to make it as pro QB. There were at a least 4 rookie QBs in the NFL last year who were far superior to Tebow in QB skills. He could better help a team by moving to FB or TE.

The media that attacked Tebow is the same media that was all gushy today about basketball player Jason Collins announcing he is gay. On my way to work I flipped back and forth between 3 national talk sports talk shows (ESPN, Fox, and CBS) all three were simultaneously talking about what a great thing collins had done and how it was time the sports world came up to par with society. Chris Broussard is one of the few exceptions.

http://christiannews.net/2013/04/30/esp ... on-to-god/

Romans 4:3 For what saith the scripture?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:11 am 

CKG wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for his Christian witness although I don't understand his canceling the speak engagement at 1st Baptist Dallas.

If you remember, he was in a media turmoil which was creating a whirlwind on his team. This is mentioned in the article you posted. I don't think he spoke against FBD, in fact the article you posted says "he would like to come to First Baptist Dallas to speak at a future date." This was going south fast, I suspect he was simply avoiding the media circus and spot light at that time.

CKG wrote:
For the most part it is the media who attackes Tebow. On the other hand coaches want to win games and they know in the long run he's not going to make it as pro QB. There were at a least 4 rookie QBs in the NFL last year who were far superior to Tebow in QB skills. He could better help a team by moving to FB or TE.

That may be true, but I think he should get a decent chance at QB. 8 pass attempts is no way to treat a guy who led the Broncos to their first playoff appearance in 6 years! Everybody says he can't do the job, well this is exactly the type of situation God likes to work in because I have been there. That's a perfect situation for God to shine (1 Cor. 1:28-29). He has won NFL games. All I'm saying is let the guy off the bench; if he fails he fails. The Jets own coordinator (Mike DeVito) said the same thing; that he would've liked to have seen Tebow get a chance, so I'm not the only one who sees this.

CKG wrote:
The media that attacked Tebow is the same media that was all gushy today about basketball player Jason Collins announcing he is gay.

Right. I know what you mean and I agree with you. So instead of questioning Tebow's credibility, maybe we should object to the media elite who are now creating a litmus test for any athlete who dares to speak at a church. I have a feeling the average pastor has no idea how quickly Christianity is being backed into a corner and re-branded as a "hate group" and what this is going to do to their membership in their churches. I have a feeling this week is a tough one for Tebow, I'm sure the devil would love to see him stumble for everyone to see, so I suggest we pray for him.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:54 pm 

He has the leadership and charisma to be a QB - you don't make it to the playoffs on a 6 game winning streak by accident. Maybe his skill set is not the proto-typical NFL skill set, but the pros have never let him play his game either. Colin Kapernick with the 49ers proved that somebody with Tebow's skill set of run/pass can be used - if the coaching staff has the guts to use that set with the "Pistol" formation. Remember, the 49ers torched the Packers defense with a lot of Colin Kapernick RUNNING. Tebow could be very successful if somebody would work around his skill set like that. Too many pro teams get locked into their own little playbook, and try to make the QB fit into that mold, instead of letting the QB play.
I know you can't have chaos out there and let them all play sandlot football, but the fact is that Tebow is a proven winner in college AND the pros (see Denver), and under the right tutelage and system, he has the potential to be a perenial playoff contender.
I think all of the intangibles he brings outweighs his deficiencies elsewhere. The Denver team rallied to his leadership...that to me speaks volumes.

In the end, I agree with Br. Parrish...no doubt he is struggling spiritually right now....and I am thankful for his consistent Christian testimony.

Psalm 119:45 And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:58 pm 

Bro. Steve,
thank you for saying that much better than I ever could have said it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:45 am 

This is just my opinion, but I don't know why Tim Tebow is really a big deal. Yes, he claims to be a Christian, but so does many celebrities. His testimony is not "spotless" enough. Awhile back, he was found to be in company with prostitutes, which a picture was on his Twitter account. Just because he's famous and Christian does not warrant our attention. The media and the world, for all its faults, filters those that are real and those that are only seeking attention.

1 Cor. 13And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:29 pm 

gmx0 wrote:
His testimony is not "spotless" enough. Awhile back, he was found to be in company with prostitutes, which a picture was on his Twitter account.

What is your source for that accusation?
Cause I've seen one or two photos of Tebow with fully clothed girls and some pathetic photoshop junk attempting to trash his character, but as far as I know he's the only NFL player in recent history who claimed to be a virgin -- even tho it made him the laughing stock of the liberal media and his own fellow players.

Lawrence Taylor offers Tim Tebow outrageous advice
http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/20 ... l/1626623/

"It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favors." -- George Washington (Ref: A Collection, W.B. Allen, ed. 543)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:08 pm 

The Patriots are supposed to be signing Tebow up.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... d-patriots

However the future of the New England Patriots is unclear with the government targeting organizations with "Patriot" in their names, and if they sign up a Christian that will make them a double target.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 1 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next