Change font size

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Lacked of pleasure or motivation, etc.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:33 pm 

For the most part I am not hearing voice anymore, (thank God), but I am seem to be having trouble enjoying anything or motivating myself to accomplish anything, especially things related to writing or programming. I used to have a job as a computer programmer, and was able to learn and to create everyday. But lately I cannot seem to sustain my interest in anything for longer than a half hour. I can’t even think of an idea for a simple programming project.

I never use to feel so limited until this problem started a little over two or three years ago. I am on 15 miligrams of Zyprexa and I feel like this medication, along with all the medication I have taken since I was thirteen, has ultimately lead to this disabling effect. It’s a funny thing that I am on disability for my mental illness, when I feel like the real disability is being caused by my medication.

Twice so far I have prayed to God and asked Him to make it so I don’t have to take medication anymore, but at the same time so I don’t have to experience symptoms. The therapist type people think I might need to be on an antidepressant, but I think I need to find an alternative to psychotropic drugs altogether.

I feel like my ability to think, plan, come up with ideas, sustain interest in what I am reading about or doing, visualize things, etc, is being inhibited by my medication. I think my brain might have been damaged by the medication.

I don’t believe this disability is caused by my mental illness because, not many years after I was diagnosed, and on a lower dose of medication, two different ones, I was able to come up with many ideas for little projects on my own time and later on when I had a job as a programmer was able to build solutions at work. I think I was very creative at that time and had a decent level of intelligence.

I don’t believe that God has limited my abiltiies because of my sin. I think that my medication is messing up my brain and I need to get it out of my system, but I can’t just stop taking it because if I do, my symptoms might return.

I used to be able to learn easily and apply what I learned. Now I cannot even decide what I want to learn. And I cannot stay interested in one subject for more than a half hour. I feel like something is blocking me from accomplishing anything except for trivial physical tasks like walking to the store or washing dishes. It feels like something is blocking my brain from doing mental tasks like learning or coming up with ideas, probably because my medication is blocking my dopamine receptors which is necessary for learning and many other things.

I know that we have souls but our brains are responsible for a lot of our congitive abilities, and when someone’s brain is daamged their congitive skills decline.

So I don’t know if I should just keep praying and asking God to help me get off this medication, or if I should take some kind of steps to deal with this. Also, my nutrition is not good. I have not been getting all the nutrients I need because I have not had a well-balanced diet. But even though that may be contributing to the problem, I think the main issue is the side effects of my medication.

Please help.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Lacked of pleasure or motivation, etc.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:36 pm 

Why not give these people a call. It's a good faith based biblically responsible organization.
https://www.aplaceofhope.com/

https://www.aplaceofhope.com/our-progra ... l-renewal/

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Lacked of pleasure or motivation, etc.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:42 am 

I think our "doctors" are killing us with some of these medicines. No kidding. I feel for what you are going through and pray it gets better for you and soon. I do wonder if maybe you can get away from taking their meds that maybe you will become normal self again.

Prayers for you.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicWrite comments Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]